PDA

View Full Version : Bible In Basic English for PSPs v2.0+

wraggster
February 20th, 2006, 13:21
Tim Ross has released an HTML version of the Bible in English for use on PSPs with a firmware of V2.0 and higher.

Download (full info in the zip) via comments.

MadMonkee
February 20th, 2006, 13:32
Great for those "on the go" exorcisms you always wanted to perform.

wraggster
February 20th, 2006, 13:34
lmao :P

slayer2psp
February 20th, 2006, 14:03
why comes to mind. like the great band slayer would say i keep my bible in a pool of blood so its lies cant affect me

aries2k4
February 20th, 2006, 14:57
Can you imagine your local priest reading a psalm off the psp?. lol. The HOLY PSP!!

joejoe912
February 20th, 2006, 17:06
hi! pope here, thank the lord for this gift, i always knew the psp was a gift from god and now i can use it everywhere i go! it started with the book of genesis and will end with the book of psp

bah
February 20th, 2006, 17:48
Is this just the new testament? Need the old for some deuteronomy action, nothing like razing entire villages to the ground and killing their inhabitants if one speaks of following another god!

Those 'crazy muslims' dont have exclusive rights on offencive texts.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy%2013:6-18&version=50;
The power of belief in an omnipotent creator personified to the tune of the human authors of his doctrine, probably not a good thing.

Let us get back to the gaming people, i beg of you.

F9zDark
February 20th, 2006, 19:54
Personally, I think this is a pretty cool idea. For anyone who is religious and likes to read up on the bible while on a trip or to catch up or even for those in religious studies, this sure beats having to carry around a paper bible, which can weigh alot.

Everyone has their right to their own beliefs or opinions, but I think people around here shouldn't downplay something like this merely because they don't believe or agree with it.

Does anyone have any idea how many religious observers are also gamers?

drEDN4wt
February 20th, 2006, 21:21
Bible in Basic

for life=0 to death step years
live
next

shadowprophet
February 20th, 2006, 21:27
Till I saw most people took this as a joke:(

Why is it in these forums its not okay to flame? its not okay to slam on ones personal creed , or color. (i'll tell you why because of respect!), and all of the sudden if its got a christain lable to it, Its no holds barded laugh hour?

some people have no respect for other peoples beliefs.

I dont find that so much sad as I do ignorant and dissrespectful,

If you have a problem with faith? then why post it in here? in this thread?
I'll tell you why thats a psycholigical cry for attention and acceptence from people you really know you could care less about anyway.

I think this peice of homebrew deserves as much respect as any other peice of homebrew , maybe more depending on your faith :D

If there is two titles, That I am in this life,

Its christain and american, And im very proud of both.

If you dont have somthing to believe in, then your nothing at all :(

ps, Im, well awear that im not a shineing example of either one,
But then again I dont pretend to be jesus christ or the president either,
I just dont understand how it can be so widely accepted to ridicule christianity, and yet is frowned upon to have negitive views up any other beliefe system?

Im outta here..

And no to anyone who would want to continue this conversation. I dont want to spark a long drawn out dabate about christianity.
Ive spoke my peace, and this will be my last post in this thread :)

not here anymore
February 20th, 2006, 22:00
God only exists in your mind. Nature doesn't need a god, only humans do because of their fear of death. Lame humans and their bullshit.
Later,

TSR

grayjaket
February 20th, 2006, 23:37
are you guys 8 year olds? please....this post was about a PSP Bible and comments about the homebrew itself...not about your personal, bigoted views on Christianity. You guys act like a bunch of middle schoolers with nothing better to do. get a life....seriously. if someone posts something about the new GTA game I'm not going to sit there talking about my feelings on gangsters and prostitutes am i?

no...

so stop being idiots....if you dont have something constructive to say, dont say anything..please..no one wants to read it.

shadowprophet
February 20th, 2006, 23:49
You know what this ones too easy.

moveing on now.

Jdemon
February 21st, 2006, 00:36
No 1.5 :confused: Tried to get it to run with the Fired Up Web Browser, but no such luck. It would be interesting to see.

shadowprophet I think you're mistaken. It is sad. Only experiences in life can bring people to find higher spirituality. If someone is so confounded by the materialism of life that they don't even recognise their own spirit then how can you expect them to understand something greater.

All began in love, all seek to return in love.

not here anymore
February 21st, 2006, 00:42
love, my friend, is but a human delusion.
Later,

TSR

shadowprophet
February 21st, 2006, 00:46
Its not that I expect people to understand,
Just to maybe respect peoples beliefe in somthing that they themselves may not believe.

And accept that to those people that do believe, It means somthing:p

Im not here to push my faith on other people.
I find that to be oppressive and insulting to other peoples own beliefs.

I just want for people to respect other peoples beliefs even if they dont understand them:(

maybe thats asking too much of people tho :(

Jdemon
February 21st, 2006, 01:09
Yes, it's alot to ask of people, and alot to ask of ourselves. But it's something we all should be asking and expecting of ourselves and one another. We all live on the same planet and we all go through the same trials in our lives. That in and of itself should be enough for us to respect one another and one another's beliefs, but sadly it's not.

theshadowrunner if you truly believe that then I pity you, and I hope that you find your heart.

not here anymore
February 21st, 2006, 01:19
I don't need your pity, thank you.
Funny how believers think Atheists miss something. Or Antithesits rather, since i consider myself more an Antitheist than Atheist. (It's not that i don't believe in god (atheist), which could be interepreted as there being a god but me not believing it, rather i think that god doesn't exist (antitheist).

I don't miss anything, and especially not all this bullshit you're being fed with.
Nothing on earth kills more than religions.
Later,

TSR

Jdemon
February 21st, 2006, 01:32
I spoke nothing of "God" nor am I a member of any "organized" religion.
But I think you are missing something if you don't believe in love.

not here anymore
February 21st, 2006, 02:16
ooh my bad, I thought we were still on the religious matter;
Yeah "Love".. too big of a subject to discuss it on a PSP homebrew board :D
Later,

TSR

emuking
February 21st, 2006, 02:37
you losers need to get a freaking life seriously,gray is definitely right about you guys this place is for GAMES PERIOD

not here anymore
February 21st, 2006, 02:48
... misread.
Yeah this is not the perfect place to discuss such topics, agreed.
Later,

TSR

shadowprophet
February 21st, 2006, 03:00
you losers need to get a freaking life seriously,gray is definitely right about you guys this place is for GAMES PERIOD

Maybe this isnt the perfect place to speak about such things.
But I believe that Dcemu is a nice place.
I like it here. These forums have become part of my main online activity.
There like my online home away from home.
And I respect these forums very very much.
But when one crosses a taboo line. And makes a statement
I have to speak out and let my opinion be heard.
Because when somthing I believe in is taken lightly or scoffed at,
And I dont stick up for my beliefe, Then people may be inclined to believe tha I support the wrong ideas.
standing up for what one believes in. Is just what people with strong beliefes are motivated to do. With that out of the way. On to what I was saying
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haveing a life would indicate that you would realize that (life) is more then just video games:rolleyes:

And aperently some people dont realize that these forums are open for the exchange and expression of opinion and ideas, and not every word one types must be in the form of praise to videogames.

Saying get a life talk about video games is like saying,
Stop being a lazy bum and quit your job :cool:

Thats an oxymoron.

Because as far as I know I have broken no rules in these forums.
And if it upsets people that I express my opinions, when the opertunity arises. I can only say DEAL WITH IT! you will run into a lot who have those (opinions) and express them freely. Every day for the rest of your life.
The only advice I can give you is Deal with the fact that not everyon thinks like you, acts like you, talks like you, and just as much as you dont care about somone else opinion. Others dont care about yours.
And as long as you are being negitive and insulting about things. Yhey never will.
Face it. WELCOME TO RELITY! THE PLACE WHERE PEOPLE CAN BE THERESELVES IN SPITE OF YOU :p :p :p :p

lilvietquoc
February 21st, 2006, 03:33
haha this HOLY PSP stuff reminds me of a south park episode... haha...:D

F9zDark
February 21st, 2006, 19:12
Personally, I don't think bashing religion is warranted here. Mainstream religion has caused alot of problems in history, I'll give you that, but everyone has a right to believe or not-believe if they so choose.

Whether or not God really exists doesn't matter; science has proven that belief in something, something that motivates one's daily life, makes them an overall better and healthier person.

Certainly that doesn't excuse the holy wars, crusades and countless inhumane tortures and killings committed in the name of religion. But we can't hardly blame religion for that, it is the human beings who committed those acts, acts that all humans are capable of, given the right circumstances.

And about love being a delusion... I believe you are only saying that because you lack the capacity to love, and such is evident from your totally close minded quips that are devoid of any such explanation as to why you believe what you believe. I'd warrant that you truly don't believe half of what you say, but it exists on the surface and is the first thing on your mind when someone brings up such a topic.

Love is due to chemical responses in the brain that drive human beings to become attached to one another. Sure, its all about the chemicals, every aspect of our existence is due to chemicals doing what they are supposed to do.

But that doesn't lessen love or happiness or sadness. It doesn't bring down their importance to humans as a species because they are chemical responses. In fact, it raises them higher, because now we know that there is biological basis for these things and they are not just placebo responses.

RedKing14CA
February 22nd, 2006, 00:10
Yeah i hate christians, muslims, all religions, atheism, all that jazz. etc. etc.

mog
February 22nd, 2006, 03:39
only for 2.0 + ??? :(
sounds good, but then again with psp's having lots of storage and mp3 support, you might aswell download a cool audio bible.
The rusian and chinese audio bibles are great! :D

bourbon bot
February 22nd, 2006, 13:17
i have enjoyed reading all these posts as it shows what a touchy subject
religion can be
religions stem from individuals that coerce others to believe in the same manner as themselves.
faith on the other hand is ones own decision. wether it be in evolution, reincarnation, creation, nothingness, or whatever
having the choice to download the bibile or not gives individuals the
chance to make up their own decision or use it conjunction with any other resource to further a quest for knowlege or understanding of mankind in general.
Until all people are allowed to think freely and this definately includes education (as it not ones intelligence attacked first in discussions such as this) there will be discontent amongst us.
I also find the more i pinpoint my own views the narrower my thoughts become.

DUfire
March 6th, 2006, 21:40
This reminds me off that PSP from South Park, that Holy PSP. By the way, I thought Kenny was poor...where did he get a PSP?

LC_killer
March 7th, 2006, 04:02
well the way i see it. they were bashing christianity, not any of you. they just said there opinion on christinaty, no one called any of you out by name. if a person belives in the book ok, if you dont ok, big effin deal. i think they should say anything thing they belive about the book, because with out talk about it you can not make an informed opinion on such a serious matter. so i belive this is the perfect place for it. i personaly dont belive in the book. manny reasons. your all like zombies..like sheep(just as the bible calls all of you). it contradicts it self from book to book. the first war was over religon. manny wars since have been over religous differences. there has been more blood spilled in the name of god than any other religon in the human history. spanish inquisition, hitler, As soon as Christianity was legal (315), more and more pagan temples were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.
Between 315 and 6th century thousands of pagan believers were slain.
Examples of destroyed Temples: the Sanctuary of Aesculap in Aegaea, the Temple of Aphrodite in Golgatha, Aphaka in Lebanon, the Heliopolis.
Christian priests such as Mark of Arethusa or Cyrill of Heliopolis were famous as "temple destroyer."
Pagan services became punishable by death in 356. [DA468]
Christian Emperor Theodosius (408-450) even had children executed, because they had been playing with remains of pagan statues.
According to Christian chroniclers he "followed meticulously all Christian teachings..."
In 6th century pagans were declared void of all rights.
In the early fourth century the philosopher Sopatros was executed on demand of Christian authorities.
The world famous female philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria was torn to pieces with glass fragments by a hysterical Christian mob led by a Christian minister named Peter, in a church, in 415.
Battle of Belgrad 1456: 80,000 Turks slaughtered, Antiochia (then turkish) conquered, between 10,000 and 60,000 slain. 6/28/98 100,000 Turks (incl. women & children) killed. Jerusalem conquered 7/15/1099 more than 60,000 victims (jewish, muslim, men, women, children).
(In the words of one witness: "there [in front of Solomon's temple] was such a carnage that our people were wading ankle-deep in the blood of our foes", and after that "happily and crying for joy our people marched to our Saviour's tomb, to honour it and to pay off our debt of gratitude")
The Archbishop of Tyre, eye-witness, wrote: "It was impossible to look upon the vast numbers of the slain without horror; everywhere lay fragments of human bodies, and the very ground was covered with the blood of the slain. It was not alone the spectacle of headless bodies and mutilated limbs strewn in all directions that roused the horror of all who looked upon them. Still more dreadful was it to gaze upon the victors themselves, dripping with blood from head to foot, an ominous sight which brought terror to all who met them. It is reported that within the Temple enclosure alone about ten thousand infidels perished."
Christian chronicler Eckehard of Aura noted that "even the following summer in all of palestine the air was polluted by the stench of decomposition". One million victims of the first crusade alone.
Battle of Askalon, 8/12/1099. 200,000 heathens slaughtered "in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ".
Fourth crusade: 4/12/1204 Constantinople sacked, number of victims unknown, numerous thousands, many of them Christian.
Rest of Crusades in less detail: until the fall of Akkon 1291 probably 20 million victims (in the Holy land and Arab/Turkish areas alone).
from the beginning of Christianity to 1484 probably more than several thousand.
in the era of witch hunting (1484-1750) according to modern scholars several hundred thousand (about 80% female) burned at the stake or hanged
17th century: Catholics sack the city of Magdeburg/Germany: roughly 30,000 Protestants were slain. "In a single church fifty women were found beheaded," reported poet Friedrich Schiller, "and infants still sucking the breasts of their lifeless mothers."
17th century 30 years' war (Catholic vs. Protestant): at least 40% of population decimated, mostly in Germany.
there is not enough room to fit all those slain in the name of god in the christin sence alone. not to mention the jews, and the arabs. rember all the same guy..the same guy. just thought of differently. this is realy too long o well. i could double it just christians killing alone.

Note: All figures according to contemporary (Christian) chroniclers.
i got my source from the web. check the names and everty thing if you want.
References:
[DA]
K.Deschner, Abermals krähte der Hahn, Stuttgart 1962.
[DO]
K.Deschner, Opus Diaboli, Reinbek 1987.
[EC]
P.W.Edbury, Crusade and Settlement, Cardiff Univ. Press 1985.
[EJ]
S.Eidelberg, The Jews and the Crusaders, Madison 1977.
[LI]
H.C.Lea, The Inquisition of the Middle Ages, New York 1961.
[MM]
M.Margolis, A.Marx, A History of the Jewish People.
[MV]
A.Manhattan, The Vatican’s Holocaust, Springfield 1986.
See also V.Dedijer, The Yugoslav Auschwitz and the Vatican, Buffalo NY, 1992.
[NC]
J.T.Noonan, Contraception: A History of its Treatment by the Catholic Theologians and Canonists, Cambridge/Mass., 1992.
[S2]
Newscast of S2 Aktuell, Germany, 10/10/96, 12:00.
[SH]
D.Stannard, American Holocaust, Oxford University Press 1992.
[SP]
German news magazine Der Spiegel, no.49, 12/2/1996.
[TA]
A True Account of the Most Considerable Occurrences that have Hapned in the Warre Between the English and the Indians in New England, London 1676.
[TG]
F.Turner, Beyond Geography, New York 1980.
[WW]
H.Wollschläger: Die bewaffneten Wallfahrten gen Jerusalem, Zürich 1973.
(This is in german and what is worse, it is out of print. But it is the best I ever read about crusades and includes a full list of original medieval Christian chroniclers' writings).
[WV]
Estimates on the number of executed witches:

* N.Cohn, Europe's Inner Demons: An Enquiry Inspired by the Great Witch Hunt, Frogmore 1976, 253.
* R.H.Robbins, The Encyclopedia of Witchcraft and Demonology, New York 1959, 180.
* J.B.Russell, Witchcraft in the Middle Ages, Ithaca/NY 1972, 39.
* H.Zwetsloot, Friedrich Spee und die Hexenprozesse, Trier 1954, 56

this does not flame any person on the fourm. it merley states my point of view and states some facts about christian history. if you have a problem and flame me you are breaking rules.

ps. this is still kind of cool regarles of what i belive. because ebooks havent been going anywhere on this thing. mabey more people will do the same with other books.

DrX
March 7th, 2006, 06:36
teh thing is religion much like a country if u dont stop to think about what ur doing and just are going on and on accordingly to what ever some one else tells u horrible shit can happen u need to question religion and analize it just like u would with politics... and do what u think is rigth but thats just my 2 cents

but theres lots of things wrong in life like ppl dying over cartoons and such i do agree that christians have to put up with alot more crap though as far as criticism goes and making fun of case inpoint popular movies like dogma and such if that kinda shit was done about say islam shit would be blown up and lit on fire and then stomped on

Pinguin
March 10th, 2006, 23:38
I usually dress up, so, this is great. My Bible usually falls from under my arm.. (not good)
so this is actually quite the application.

Pinguin
March 10th, 2006, 23:40
This is quite the application, because, I do carry a Bible, and acually use it. (It falls quite often, though because I dress up.) I am glad someone finally thought of this. God is good. :cool:

shadowprophet
March 11th, 2006, 11:41
well the way i see it. they were bashing christianity, not any of you. they just said there opinion on christinaty, no one called any of you out by name. if a person belives in the book ok, if you dont ok, big effin deal. i think they should say anything thing they belive about the book, because with out talk about it you can not make an informed opinion on such a serious matter. so i belive this is the perfect place for it. i personaly dont belive in the book. manny reasons. your all like zombies..like sheep(just as the bible calls all of you). it contradicts it self from book to book. the first war was over religon. manny wars since have been over religous differences. there has been more blood spilled in the name of god than any other religon in the human history. spanish inquisition, hitler, As soon as Christianity was legal (315), more and more pagan temples were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.
Between 315 and 6th century thousands of pagan believers were slain.
Examples of destroyed Temples: the Sanctuary of Aesculap in Aegaea, the Temple of Aphrodite in Golgatha, Aphaka in Lebanon, the Heliopolis.
Christian priests such as Mark of Arethusa or Cyrill of Heliopolis were famous as "temple destroyer."
Pagan services became punishable by death in 356. [DA468]
Christian Emperor Theodosius (408-450) even had children executed, because they had been playing with remains of pagan statues.
According to Christian chroniclers he "followed meticulously all Christian teachings..."
In 6th century pagans were declared void of all rights.
In the early fourth century the philosopher Sopatros was executed on demand of Christian authorities.
The world famous female philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria was torn to pieces with glass fragments by a hysterical Christian mob led by a Christian minister named Peter, in a church, in 415.
Battle of Belgrad 1456: 80,000 Turks slaughtered, Antiochia (then turkish) conquered, between 10,000 and 60,000 slain. 6/28/98 100,000 Turks (incl. women & children) killed. Jerusalem conquered 7/15/1099 more than 60,000 victims (jewish, muslim, men, women, children).
(In the words of one witness: "there [in front of Solomon's temple] was such a carnage that our people were wading ankle-deep in the blood of our foes", and after that "happily and crying for joy our people marched to our Saviour's tomb, to honour it and to pay off our debt of gratitude")
The Archbishop of Tyre, eye-witness, wrote: "It was impossible to look upon the vast numbers of the slain without horror; everywhere lay fragments of human bodies, and the very ground was covered with the blood of the slain. It was not alone the spectacle of headless bodies and mutilated limbs strewn in all directions that roused the horror of all who looked upon them. Still more dreadful was it to gaze upon the victors themselves, dripping with blood from head to foot, an ominous sight which brought terror to all who met them. It is reported that within the Temple enclosure alone about ten thousand infidels perished."
Christian chronicler Eckehard of Aura noted that "even the following summer in all of palestine the air was polluted by the stench of decomposition". One million victims of the first crusade alone.
Battle of Askalon, 8/12/1099. 200,000 heathens slaughtered "in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ".
Fourth crusade: 4/12/1204 Constantinople sacked, number of victims unknown, numerous thousands, many of them Christian.
Rest of Crusades in less detail: until the fall of Akkon 1291 probably 20 million victims (in the Holy land and Arab/Turkish areas alone).
from the beginning of Christianity to 1484 probably more than several thousand.
in the era of witch hunting (1484-1750) according to modern scholars several hundred thousand (about 80% female) burned at the stake or hanged
17th century: Catholics sack the city of Magdeburg/Germany: roughly 30,000 Protestants were slain. "In a single church fifty women were found beheaded," reported poet Friedrich Schiller, "and infants still sucking the breasts of their lifeless mothers."
17th century 30 years' war (Catholic vs. Protestant): at least 40% of population decimated, mostly in Germany.
there is not enough room to fit all those slain in the name of god in the christin sence alone. not to mention the jews, and the arabs. rember all the same guy..the same guy. just thought of differently. this is realy too long o well. i could double it just christians killing alone.

Note: All figures according to contemporary (Christian) chroniclers.
i got my source from the web. check the names and everty thing if you want.
References:
[DA]
K.Deschner, Abermals krähte der Hahn, Stuttgart 1962.
[DO]
K.Deschner, Opus Diaboli, Reinbek 1987.
[EC]
P.W.Edbury, Crusade and Settlement, Cardiff Univ. Press 1985.
[EJ]
S.Eidelberg, The Jews and the Crusaders, Madison 1977.
[LI]
H.C.Lea, The Inquisition of the Middle Ages, New York 1961.
[MM]
M.Margolis, A.Marx, A History of the Jewish People.
[MV]
A.Manhattan, The Vatican’s Holocaust, Springfield 1986.
See also V.Dedijer, The Yugoslav Auschwitz and the Vatican, Buffalo NY, 1992.
[NC]
J.T.Noonan, Contraception: A History of its Treatment by the Catholic Theologians and Canonists, Cambridge/Mass., 1992.
[S2]
Newscast of S2 Aktuell, Germany, 10/10/96, 12:00.
[SH]
D.Stannard, American Holocaust, Oxford University Press 1992.
[SP]
German news magazine Der Spiegel, no.49, 12/2/1996.
[TA]
A True Account of the Most Considerable Occurrences that have Hapned in the Warre Between the English and the Indians in New England, London 1676.
[TG]
F.Turner, Beyond Geography, New York 1980.
[WW]
H.Wollschläger: Die bewaffneten Wallfahrten gen Jerusalem, Zürich 1973.
(This is in german and what is worse, it is out of print. But it is the best I ever read about crusades and includes a full list of original medieval Christian chroniclers' writings).
[WV]
Estimates on the number of executed witches:

* N.Cohn, Europe's Inner Demons: An Enquiry Inspired by the Great Witch Hunt, Frogmore 1976, 253.
* R.H.Robbins, The Encyclopedia of Witchcraft and Demonology, New York 1959, 180.
* J.B.Russell, Witchcraft in the Middle Ages, Ithaca/NY 1972, 39.
* H.Zwetsloot, Friedrich Spee und die Hexenprozesse, Trier 1954, 56

this does not flame any person on the fourm. it merley states my point of view and states some facts about christian history. if you have a problem and flame me you are breaking rules.

ps. this is still kind of cool regarles of what i belive. because ebooks havent been going anywhere on this thing. mabey more people will do the same with other books.

You quote some random gibberish, And want to fact it out as a precise account of history?!:confused: Thats offencive:(
Yes the christains did fight in wars! Yes people did die at there hands.
And do you know why ?!

Because people Have the God given right To defend thereselves.
Thats right! At no point in the bible does the bible tell you to lay down and let somone take your life just because your christain.

The bible sais be ye as gentel as sheep yet as wise as the serpent,

Do you know what this means?
well it means a lot of things. But heres one of them.
If your family is christain. and you come home to find your family tied up and being tortured and raped. (graphic I know but im makeing a point)

Dont just fall to you knees and say oh hes not christain I forgive him,
NO YOU DEFEND YOUR FAMILY!!! YOU FIGHT, YOU KILL, YOU DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO,TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY!!
That is one of the most clear God given rights we have.
In the bible It sais to die for your faith is a blessing. But dont you think to just die because somone wants to wipe you off the face of the earth because they dont believe what you do is just insane?!. And back then as in today. people knew this, And yes you back somone up aginst the wall, And push them and push them and prod at them and You can very well expect resistance!
Yes jesus did die But he did it for a reason!!
Christains are not expected to throw there lives away at the drop of a hat!
There expected to see life for the gift it is and defend it if necessary!!
Thats a common beliefe amoung all kinds of people. But its just not true
It never sais that anytime that anyone tries to take your life, To just lay down and let them. Thats just plain insane!!
Look the fact of the matter is that anyone who doent believe in the book and hasnt read it for thereselves. Is just listening to what other people have to say about the issue?
it doesnt sound to my like youve read it.
you cant listen to what other peoples opinions are and say thats how you come to base your own opinion about somthing. If you do this your not thinking for yourself. Your letting others think for you, And im sure you can come back with all kinds of things to this. But the fact of the matter is, if you take somone elses opinion for the bible and dont read it for your self. you can come up with any excuse you want . But the fact is you where just to lazy to readit for yourself.

Before you quote random facts from history. Dont rip and distort history apart!!!
Thats takeing history out of its proper context and basicly missleading people. And even worse flat out lieing.

Before you convict a man of a crime. The proper way to do this is to give fair trial to the whole story. Its just possible that man did the things he did to save his entire familys life!!!

So while your quoting facts on top of facts. why dont you tell them why
the christains where hopelessly forced to fight for there lives on a day to day bases? just to survive ?! To keep there familys from being raped and pillaged, murdered and sold into slavery? why dont you !!? ,, Oh thats right, you probibly didnt know, cause your just quoting random facts you looked up off an athiest site.:(

Thats right. Christians, The very word means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. To the athiest, it means sissy . Somone whos going to lay down and let people walk all over there faith and die as a pointless marter to prove a point.

Jesus did not die to proove a point to people. he did not die because every christain should jump up on a cross and follow him in his death on the cross. The very reason jesus died on the cross.
Was To pay the price for the sins of all man kind.
And for people to believe that every christain has to throw there live away just to proove a point only prooves peoples reluctance to actuelly READ WHAT JESUS TOUGHT!

Not to mention that people dont ever stop to take into account.
That just like any foundation since the beginning of time here on earth.
From time to time they will be corupt people even amoung christains?
If you gather a group of people large enough there are sure to be corupt people in the group.
You see bad examples lie somone doing somthing that shouldnt have, and all of the sudden somone judges all of christainity upon it.
Well fine then that it!! ITS MY TURN!!

Look on the news of all the horible things going on around us,
crimes upon children? crimes upon ourselves, most of them are athiest.
THEREFOR I JUDGE ALL CRIME TO BE OF ATHIEST DECENT AND THEREFOR ALL ATHIEST ARE CRIMINALS!

There how do you like them apples?

You dont do you? And why ? I'll tell you why . Cause its not true and its not fair.

Thats how athiest's judge christanity. istn turn about fair play :confused:

And I realize theres people here who could find this offencive. But if people can defend there beliefs. Then why can't a christain also defend his or her own beliefs ? And thats exactly what im doing.

StealthCP
March 11th, 2006, 20:47
Yes. That is right. Well thank you anyway for an excellent PSP Bible. I really wanted one of those. Heh, I have been thinking this for quite a while now, "Will someone make a bible for the PSP?" And they have. Thank you. I would not be a complete Christian, but I do find the Bible quite an interesting read. Even if you don't believe half the shit it's still a morality tale, and the rules should be followed for a flawless life.

dcshoejake
March 18th, 2006, 19:02
finally, christ comes to the psp, mom said it would never happen

Hawkeyefile
March 21st, 2006, 02:02
is their a book of mormom addon?

Privateer
March 21st, 2006, 05:26
Religion... oh boy.

Agnostic here. I'll try to throw out my two cents.

Shadowprophet, although your beginning points about disrespect aren't necessarily wrong, they are hypocritical in a way, because the other posters have just as much the right to bash any religion as you do to praise one. You're not forcing your religion onto them, sure, but they're not forcing it out of you either.

With that said, I think a little bit of modesty should be exercised here. If you dislike a certain relgion, you're free to make your points, but avoid doing such in a hateful or rude way.

As for the application itself... well... having an html, copy of the bible isn't really inventive or interesting in any way, nor is it really a psp application or homebrew piece - it's an internet browser document that happens to work with the PSP's browser. Could be useful to some, though. Meh.

LC_killer
March 23rd, 2006, 20:47
shadow, my point was that christians act like the have no blood on thier hands. when the pope's in the past has order the killings of other christians, jews, arabs, native americans, and native people of south america. i think it is unwise to say "THEREFOR I JUDGE ALL CRIME TO BE OF ATHIEST DECENT AND THEREFOR ALL ATHIEST ARE CRIMINALS!" i think it is clossemided and just the type of thinking that kills people for being a nother religon. hey lets have a party and burn people at the stake because we think thier witches!! o rbetter yet. letts drown them ina river. if the float there withces, if the sink we just killed them and there fine. wooo hooo. letts be like cathlics and kill the prodestents!! i love killing people yay, or lets start in spain, then march to israel and kill everyone we see thats different than us. yay killing people 2we dont understand is fun!!! just becuase some old ****ing pope is some building said so. atta ck me if you want. i know i evauate what i read. and many errors in the bible. you"faith" blinds you. ****ing idiot. the christians were just as blood thirsty as the muslims are now. all religon as worthless!!
Me cago en Dios y los 365 santos del año!
Me cago en Dios y en la Puta Virgen!
Me parece que la vena de la lengua pasa por tu culo porque hablas mucha mierda!
idiots, act liek christians are perfect. everone shold live like them. you want a real peacefull religon. become buddhist. the christians have killed many many more people than the stupid arabs are killing. **** christ. false god. when will you wake upi and do a little reaserch in to those "wars" i listed. who started those wars, and who had whos family up agianst the wall. raping and killing? all of the crusades were order from the pope (more than one pope even).if you for one moments think your perfect, or your religon is perfect, you need to read about all of the christian history from anohter point of view than the bible. so in other words, **** YOU..**** CHRISTIANITY. i dont care if i get banned. big ****en deal. i wast trying to offend in my last post. i feel shadow was making a person attack at me when i did not call out any person or people. he called me out. if you cant handle that christains do stil and have killed people in cold blood thats your falt. look at history with out the blinfold on and you will see much more than you do. we never learn of these things because they dont want to look at their on falts. that the problem with christianity. pass the buck, were never wrong. we are perfect. i know im not perfect and i dont try to act like it. grow up and look at the facts. cristianity kills, and chinga tu madre shadow. bye

shadowprophet
March 24th, 2006, 06:31
shadow, my point was that christians act like the have no blood on thier hands. when the pope's in the past has order the killings of other christians, jews, arabs, native americans, and native people of south america. i think it is unwise to say "THEREFOR I JUDGE ALL CRIME TO BE OF ATHIEST DECENT AND THEREFOR ALL ATHIEST ARE CRIMINALS!" i think it is clossemided and just the type of thinking that kills people for being a nother religon. hey lets have a party and burn people at the stake because we think thier witches!! o rbetter yet. letts drown them ina river. if the float there withces, if the sink we just killed them and there fine. wooo hooo. letts be like cathlics and kill the prodestents!! i love killing people yay, or lets start in spain, then march to israel and kill everyone we see thats different than us. yay killing people 2we dont understand is fun!!! just becuase some old ****ing pope is some building said so. atta ck me if you want. i know i evauate what i read. and many errors in the bible. you"faith" blinds you. ****ing idiot. the christians were just as blood thirsty as the muslims are now. all religon as worthless!!
idiots, act liek christians are perfect. everone shold live like them. you want a real peacefull religon. become buddhist. the christians have killed many many more people than the stupid arabs are killing. **** christ. false god. when will you wake upi and do a little reaserch in to those "wars" i listed. who started those wars, and who had whos family up agianst the wall. raping and killing? all of the crusades were order from the pope (more than one pope even).if you for one moments think your perfect, or your religon is perfect, you need to read about all of the christian history from anohter point of view than the bible. so in other words, **** YOU..**** CHRISTIANITY. i dont care if i get banned. big ****en deal. i wast trying to offend in my last post. i feel shadow was making a person attack at me when i did not call out any person or people. he called me out. if you cant handle that christains do stil and have killed people in cold blood thats your falt. look at history with out the blinfold on and you will see much more than you do. we never learn of these things because they dont want to look at their on falts. that the problem with christianity. pass the buck, were never wrong. we are perfect. i know im not perfect and i dont try to act like it. grow up and look at the facts. cristianity kills, and chinga tu madre shadow. bye

My problem is you want to put a lable on people. You want to say CHRISTIANS
killed people. The fact of the matter is the world is full of people that kill people. Thats just like saying, all of one group is guilty for the actions of a small potion of any given group. people are so narrow minded. and not just you. look at how the world judges people.
for the longest people dissrespceted people of arab decent. just because of the actions of a few of them. Germany, Germany got a bad name after world war 2, over the actions of there leaders. When in fact there where many in gernamy thats actuelly helped,cared for and hid jews from there psycho leader,

The thing is. There is somthing that trancends all religion, all creed and color, and all else. and that is we are all human, all subjet to do right and wrong and anything in between.

But when you are in a debate, dont drop to that was a personal attack and so and so's posts was aimed at you, Thats like being in the middle of a boxing ring and all of the sudden ,OH HE HIT ME!! WHY DID HE HIT ME?!, LOL , Thats what a freaken debate is, If you cant handel a debate, then dont be debateing.

Those people probibly did kill people. its between them and God for what they did, When you judge a whole group of people, based on a few peoples actions, even tho those actions might be clear enough to judge, What your actuelly doing is a form of predjudice, its ignorant to judge an entire group of people based on a fews actions, history has proven that over and over again, And you can call off numbers all day long and I know you can :p

But the fact of the matter is, those time periods where different then ours today, When they had problems they coudlnt just call the police or the fbi in to fix everything, It was a time of war.
And in war there is one simple rule above all else.

kill or die.

im sorry to just say it like that. but if you where in a war, those are your choices.

kill or die thats it.

And yeah cristains had people kill and all that jazz, But when your in a war, that pretty much implies people are gonna die.

in fact the only belief that has never really claimed any responcibility (FOR ANYTHING) is the athiests, its easy for an athiest to say ohh this and thats wrong, when the athiest belief has no past, athiests are indipendent, how can you track the athiest belief back and research it ? YOU CANT?
And you cant tell me thats because athiests have never did any wrong lol
its easy to be on the outside of somthing looking in and find faults.
NOTHING IS PERFECT.

But athiests are cowards at heart, and I say this out right, because they dont have the curage to believe in somthing, and yet have the hypocracy to accuse anothers beliefs of fault.

This is an incradible word we live in lol

If you dont have somthing? how can you find fault in it?
how can you find fault in christianity when you know little to nothing about it?

Sure people get all in an uproar, well this was a personal attack aginst me ,
or shadow your going haywire on this bible trip.
No im not, im sick of people who dont even know what a bible is comeing in haveing somthing to say about it, is like a third graders opinion on rocket science. its pointless.

And come on child. Do you expect people to take you seriously do you think people dont understand spanish here?
how can you even bear to speak in these forums?
When you spew nothing but complete nonsence!!

This is a quote from you.

idiots

Did you not say this ?

Well heres the english rough translation of what he said people.

(I shit in God and the 365 saints of the year! I shit in God and in the Virgin Prostitute! It seems me that the vein of the tongue passes for your bum because you speak a lot of crap! idiots,)

that doesnt even sound intelligible.
you know what after this im through humoring your childish intelect.

And its real simple to not have to deal with me anymore in this thread,
This is an old thread i was ready to leave it ages ago, just leave my name out of posts and i wont have to come back and defend my opinion.
Any by the way killer I woudlnt Short my mother for anything in the world lol shes my mom :D although I dont know whats shorting somone is anyway,
Learn some spanish you didnt pick up from a cheech and chong movie here try this ;)

La próxima vez usted quiere insultarme en español que aprendo a cómo deletrear, quizá aprende aún alguna gramática :cool:

Ps. there ARE NO ERRORS IN THE ENTIRE BIBLE OLD OR NEW TESTIMENT.
I CHALANGE YOU TO PRESENT ME WITH AN ERROR IN THE BIBLE.
and then I will show you where your just plain wrong.
For you to say there are erroes in the bible is like me picking up a book from shakesphere or a copy of moby dick reading one chapter at random and saying that the book made no since. If you read the bible. I mean the whole book, killer not just the title, You will see there are no errors in it anywhere.

Privateer
March 24th, 2006, 07:01
Shadowprophet, Athiests do have a belief. It's that there's no God(s) or higher beings. You can't tell me they're too cowardly to have beliefs, because they do. I also find it closed-minded that you say that they're cowards just because they don't believe in normal religion. Just as easily, somebody could call you a coward for having to conform to religion that you don't even know to be real just because it gives you comfort.
I'm not trying to attack you, nor am I athiest, but I find it hypocritical of you to ask to not be judged and then judge them right back. You're no better than those flaming newbs in such an instance as this.

shadowprophet
March 24th, 2006, 07:12
Every person has there faults.
one of mine is,
I think very little of athiests.
people have there rights to beliefes,
And you can tell me what you want about this.

And I could care less about peoples personal judgments about me.
im sick of it being acceptible to ridicule christianity in todays socity period.
And im willing to fight fire with fire if necessary.

but every athiest I have ever met has had a problem with my belief and didnt care much to tell me about what those problems are.
ive never met a positive athiest. (EVER) And killer isnt helping my opinion of them any at all.

The fact of the matter is. people expect me because im christsin to be set to some higher standing about this issue then others.
That im not better then the flamers, if I voice my opinions, especally in defence.

A debate is a lot like a boxing match.
there is a time for defence and a time for attack.
But if you spend all your time defending and not attacking, just like in a boxing match your gonna lose that debate.
Its an art.

Asking me to not attack is like stright up asking me to fold from this debate,

The rules of fighting are.
When somone attacks you, defend, But dont just stand there defending waiting to lose or hopeing the other will stop attacking you,

No one ever won anything in life by tucking there tale between there legs and waiting for the smoke to clear,and peeking out over the clearing saying is it over yet?!

Well im not just defending. Im attacking, just like my faith was attacked.
and I admit that.

christains arnt these weak little lovey dovey cuddly care bears you seen on tbn.

Are people truely so foolish enough to believe that christianity has survived over two thousand years, filled with cuddly lovible care bears?

people just have no idea What christsins are about. if they did they would know what christians have had to suffer through. and why some things tho seemingly questionible, if they actuelly discovered the reasons behind these events, these people these athiests would say to theres selves, wow they let them off that easy?! unbelievible!!!

I tell you what, these christains that killer is blabbering on about.
They did what they did for a reason. Sure they killed the guy sure he was defencless at the time. but check out the guys recored and see how many families This poor murdered man had plundered.
how many doughters he had raped, all because to this man, killing,rapeing, hurting a christain was acceptible to him, cause christains where sub human to him. kind of like the german guys thought of the jews.

I dont know what athiests think christains are.
But im christain. but if somone kidnap's and rape my children, that person can expect a few bullets through there head, Cause I guarentee its comeing..
And these christains that killed,where defending there familys.
people need to know the facts about things before they go off on a debateing rampage.

Some people understand this, others dont.

And I know this is probibly all very interesting or insulting to outside readers.
But this thread has just drug on and on and on.
And as I reacll its never been on topic much during the entire thread.
So I say shut this thread down ops, Its outlived its usefullness, and become some what of an irritant.

Privateer
March 24th, 2006, 08:15
:-/

First of all, we're not fighting each other. If somebody personally attacks you in a debate, you don't personally attack them back unless you want to lower yourself to their level. You don't argue against the arguer, you argue their points. I've been in a debate club for two years, and I can assure you that any personal attack is considered unacceptable. I'm not holding you to higher standards than others. I've already established that most of the flaming newbs here should be more modest, but when you respond to my posts in a manner like this I'm lead to believe that you're a hypocrite. In one post you talk against generalizing people and the next you say you're against athiests as a whole.

"No one ever won anything in life by tucking there tale between there legs and waiting for the smoke to clear,and peeking out over the clearing saying is it over yet?!"
Jesus was a forgiving pacifist who never attacked anyone. I thought he accomplished quite a bit.

If you think Christians are a spat-on minority, you're being ignorant, especially if you live in, well, any European country or country in the western hemisphere. You act like it's more socially acceptable to rag on Christians than other religions. It's not. They're all made fun of, and you have to get used to it.

Your points tend to go off-topic and constantly contradict themselves. Don't preach to me about debating, modesty, or open-mindedness, because you've shown none of them. You say you're sick of steriotyping, anti-Christian athiests; well, I'm against ignorant, closed-minded, hypocritical, egotistical complainers who can't prove themselves to be any better than those they complain about.

Just as a final note, please try to improve your grammar. It's getting a little difficult to read your posts.

shadowprophet
March 24th, 2006, 08:27
:-/

First of all, we're not fighting each other. If somebody personally attacks you in a debate, you don't personally attack them back unless you want to lower yourself to their level. You don't argue against the arguer, you argue their points. I've been in a debate club for two years, and I can assure you that any personal attack is considered unacceptable. I'm not holding you to higher standards than others. I've already established that most of the flaming newbs here should be more modest, but when you respond to my posts in a manner like this I'm lead to believe that you're a hypocrite. In one post you talk against generalizing people and the next you say you're against athiests as a whole.

"No one ever won anything in life by tucking there tale between there legs and waiting for the smoke to clear,and peeking out over the clearing saying is it over yet?!"
Jesus was a forgiving pacifist who never attacked anyone. I thought he accomplished quite a bit.

If you think Christians are a spat-on minority, you're being ignorant, especially if you live in, well, any European country or country in the western hemisphere. You act like it's more socially acceptable to rag on Christians than other religions. It's not. They're all made fun of, and you have to get used to it.

Your points tend to go off-topic and constantly contradict themselves. Don't preach to me about debating, modesty, or open-mindedness, because you've shown none of them. You say you're sick of steriotyping, anti-Christian athiests; well, I'm against ignorant, closed-minded, hypocritical, egotistical complainers who can't prove themselves to be any better than those they complain about.

Just as a final note, please try to improve your grammar. It's getting a little difficult to read your posts.

First off Dont tell me where not fighting each other, ever since I first saw your name its been hypocrit this and controdction that. youve been trying to correct me since yout first laied eyes on my name, so dont tell me we dont have issues.

If you dont want any then dont step!!!! its as simple as that.

See your just another example of a poser who wants to sound scolared about the bible and thinks they have it all figured out.
But doesnt know his apostiles from his deciples.

or maybe your just an attention seeker, who cant think of a better way to get noticed?

Geez ppl.

Well unlike a lot of people.
Ive actuely read from the book. AHHHH SUPRIZE!!!:rolleyes:

And in that book is a whole of lot things people dont know,
And why ??! well because people dont actuelly read it!
They just pick up what bits the hear form family stories, on tv? comercials,
or that very special episode of the simpsons where they where in church rotfl.

Well I got news. They only way to learn about somthing is to study it.
And the bible..... Ive studied it.

Your not gonna learn about the bible from vh1 or the new dragon quest.

you have to read the bible to understand the bible.

Oh by the way heres somthing from the bible you might find interesting.

Once when jesus went to a temple. all the people there where sacrificeing animals for forgivness for there sins, it was the sabbith day.

To do this was acceptible at the time.

whats was not acceptible was there where merchants selling animals to people to sacrifice.

A sacrifice was supposed to come from somthing ((sacrificed!!)), somthing given up. not to be purchesed at your own leasure.

This angered jesus. and jesus flung the merchants tables over.

jesus was not a pacifest, Read the bible. He did not come to bring peace,
he came to bring a sword. To devide familys. to put mother aginst doughter and father aginst son. And to the outside reader they will not understand this.

What this means is, To be a christain is not easy. many times people will rise up aginst you and what you belive in. but you have to be strong. And not waver in your faith. many would have you follow them, but Christains we follow no man. Only the word of God.

I really wish people would just stop pretending to know what there talking about and actuelly read the bible before they quote it.

And as far as my grammar goes,,,oh please.
You say you where on the debate team and thats all youve got?
What launguage are you speaking?!, cause my english is perfectly fine.

And I will be the first to admit, theres people out there thinking to thereselves, This shadowprophet, hes either stark raveing crazy,
or he himself doesnt know what a christian is.
well I assure that I do. And yes every belief is stero typed, I suppose.
but not every belief is my belief.
And yeah I admit I dont think much of athiests.
its my own moral code, A person who has nothing to believe in, nothing to guide him, I cant trust a person like that.

Some people would call that weakness to believe in God?

Well i just wana get this out of the way!!!
I dont not believe in God out of weakness!

Ive read the bible and can not deny his existance, just point blank there you have it!!!
But then again. atiests they dont think much of us christains either.
I also admited that was a ((PERSONAL FLAW)) of mine,my disstrust of athiests, I know some of my posts are really long, but do people just skimm over them?!

AND IN CASE YOU MISSED ALL THE OTHER COMPLICATED WORDS IN THIS POST,, CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW !!?

PS Im sick of this thread! If somone here has a problem to work out with me I suggest they learn how to send me a pm or somthing, Cuase im done here.

animecomic
April 12th, 2006, 00:32
the bible app wont work for me, anyone got some suggestions? i did exactly as the directions said but my psp says it cannot display this content

mog
April 12th, 2006, 06:47
Are you using firmware 2.00 or higher?
If you are not, then thats probably why it didn't work. Otherwise, try again.
I wish i could help more, but im on 1.00 and havent tried any homebrew web browsers yet.

I have though about making a proper homebrew app to display the bible, which shouldn't take a lot of effort, but i never get time to try anything out with college taking all my life away. :(

mikeoooo
April 17th, 2006, 17:02
were do u put the file ??

mikeoooo
April 17th, 2006, 17:04
were do u put the bible file because it wont work and every game i put on my psp it tells me its corrupted y ?
can sombody help me please asap

mikeoooo
April 17th, 2006, 17:06
hi how do i put the bible on my psp ??

John Vattic
April 17th, 2006, 20:50
i'm surprised christians can program. aren't computers "the devil" according to their beliefs.

grin.ch
April 28th, 2006, 20:02
Shadowprophet, has the ability to edit my posts. perhaps, next time before I flame a mod I should maybe think twice.:p

shadowprophet
April 28th, 2006, 23:34
like a chronic headake, repeatedly comes back to haunt me.

And ever off topic. How many people in this thread actuelly posted about the program?

And im guilty of it myself.

Its just time.....

If i have one Wish as a mod its that this thread dies a most horrible and painful death

Rest in peace, Oh cursed memory of the past...

And so with that. I lock this thread in the hopes that it lay forgoten in the ravages of time.