PDA

View Full Version : Snes9xTYL 0.4. Video Teaser

wraggster
February 20th, 2006, 13:27
Yoyofr (http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html) posted this news:

Here's a small update about the upcoming s9xTYL 0.4. As you already know, sound emulation will be put media engine and it's closed to be ready. But there will be another new feature.... If interested, check this video. Quality is bad since I made it with a small webcam, but the game is really 60fps ;-)

He also added with this news about his Snes emulator for the PSP:

it's not been decided yet. Perhaps we'll put an option so that the server can send the rom to the client...
right now it's 2 players only, mainly because I have 'only' 2 PSPs... But I plan to add code for 5 players (bomberman rules!). I hope the adhoc network will be fast enough (it should be since it's lan).
later I'll try again internet multiplayer but my first tries weren't very good => internet & wifi = lag and unreliable connection => bad for emulators

Download the video via comments

mcleod
February 20th, 2006, 13:53
All I can say is O.O . This going to be fun, man u guys rock. Thank you for everthing u guys do. ive been in the hospital for the pass 2 weeks and all i do is go online and check what i can do to my psp . Its the only escape for me lol thank you again .

slayer2psp
February 20th, 2006, 14:00
id rather have more games working like starfox and super mariokart then wifi as none of my friends have a psp or do they care anything about games at all. good work though just not for me

ace_t
February 20th, 2006, 14:12
This is great news! Soon I'll be able to play SFA2 wirelessly against my mate on the train in to work.

Thanks again for all your hard work on this project.

AKUMA01
February 20th, 2006, 14:39
Yoyofr... what about game genie support? That is all I ask……

Voltron
February 20th, 2006, 14:50
I never thought of Multiplayer on an Emulator to be very important to me until I saw this Video. There are so many things to drool over. Watch carefully and you'll notice that there is perfect synchronization between the 2 PSP's. There is no lag or slow button response.

The 2nd thing to notice is SPEED! This appears to be playing at full speed and YoYo says its playing at 60FPS.

Also, the possibility of ROM sharing where one PSP sends the ROM to the other would be pretty sweet. Also, potential for 4 or 5 players for games like Super Bomberman would be very nostalgic. Many nights of sleep were lost years back betting and competing against friends on Super Bomberman.

Its also been said that sound will be fully emulated with ME this time around to allow for even better speed improvements. If this EMU delivers all that it is said to, this will be the BEST work of homebrew in my own personal opinion.

I hope the donations and support start pouring in. I will be donating today. Thanks YoYo & Team. This is very exciting.

aries2k4
February 20th, 2006, 14:50
Great news. Looking forward to the next update.

sheng
February 20th, 2006, 15:03
great news... but I hope that more roms are supported too ^_^... I'm having crashes on alot of the roms files on 0.3 where 0.2 doesn't have...

indstr
February 20th, 2006, 16:06
this put a HUGE smile on my face!! this is exactly what i have wanted ever since i first heard about the PSP..

AWESOME! thank you so much

syrusch
February 20th, 2006, 16:25
AWESOME ! Thanks guys and i'm impatient for this release to come. :)

geise69
February 20th, 2006, 16:40
That was very cool to see what they added. Now I hope a lot of the kids keep quiet now. One thing though...I wonder how far away you can be before it starts lagging? Also I hope the new stuff they're doing with the media engine is gonna make games run quite a bit better. It should. Well thanks again guys for all your hard work. It's very much appreciated!

Plowking
February 20th, 2006, 16:58
Great news! This emulator is the only homebrew I use at the moment (well that and the eBoot loader that actually runs it) so I'm delighted to see it's still being worked on.

Sumo X
February 20th, 2006, 17:02
Great stuff. I'd love to be able to play Bomberman through wi-fi.

Now I have more reason to keep my PSP 2.0 or lower.

jman420
February 20th, 2006, 18:14
Freekin sweet! I always wanted to play 2 player on my psp :D. souds like someone made some progress on speeding up the emu a little bit, just wanted to ask, is there any chance someone fixed Super Mario RPG to be playable yet?? but either way, even if ya didnt, awesome progress on ad-hoc

Nono-O
February 20th, 2006, 18:36
realy good idea =D

Valiant
February 20th, 2006, 18:37
I really hope for the speed increase to be prevalent in several games ^^

The_Ultimate_Eggman
February 20th, 2006, 18:45
MANY 1000's wait with batied breath bring it on !!

bill00000
February 20th, 2006, 18:51
Can an update to this emulator turn into anything but a buch of people crying about features that aren't implemented yet? Bunch of whiners! Commendations to the tyl team on their hard work. I look forward to this next version, and all thereafter.

DeathEvil
February 20th, 2006, 19:22
video just amazed me. Next release will be revolutionary that's for sure. Tnx for your work and waiting for next update.

Regards
DeathEvil

hockey2112
February 20th, 2006, 20:02
will the speed increases apply to v. 2.00 PSPs, or just to 1.5 and below?

SSaxdude
February 20th, 2006, 20:21
Wow, that was a very cool video. I'm wondering, will fw 2.0 PSPs work with the multiplayer? Who cares that Game Genie isn't implemented or that a few games don't work, Ad hoc kills them all! Anyways, great job and I can't wait for this awesome release!

brunobelo
February 20th, 2006, 20:24
Man, the video looks awesome! I can't wait to run this emulator! Great work! I hate the hype, the "the emulator is coming...", but I love the coders. :-)

And, it's time to Mega Drive / Genesis to be emulated with full sound and full speed. It would be great!

Great work!

LAW666
February 20th, 2006, 21:42
i think i just came a bit! :D :D :D :D
i bow to u guys

not here anymore
February 20th, 2006, 22:04
The speed increase will most likely only be availble for 1.0 & 1.5 PSPs since these are the only ones for which TYL's Media Engine can work on.
Later,

TSR

tsurumaru
February 20th, 2006, 22:33
Straight from the TYL forum

Today at 12:10pm, bobbin wrote:
Will this feature (adhoc networking) be available to 2.0 psps also? That would be great because I got a 1.5 psp and a friend of mine a 2.0.

I don't think this is going to be functional on 2.0 PSP's unfortunately. I currently use 2.00 but am seriously considering getting a 2nd PSP to have one at Firmware 1.5 specifically for emulation. The other can be firmware 2.5 or 2.6 or whatever to take advantage of some cool upcoming UMD games.

« Reply #13 on Today at 1:21pm »
It will not work on 2.x (+.[___]-:-), since this emulator use kernal mode...

Re: new video..
« Reply #14 on Today at 2:05pm »
and tell me why it could not work on 2.00 :P ?

in fact I will probably be able to compile a version for 2.00, since 2.00 can launch kernel mode application which follow some rules. but there will be no media engine since it requires breaking these rules.... so no speed up but new features & bug fixes!

yoyofr
Administrator

romz.rr
February 21st, 2006, 01:54
One ran about Street Fighter ranters.. Why not simply play it over DGEN / PSPGenesis which is entirely full and have more version of the game to pick it at... O-o i mean seriously...

Voltron
February 21st, 2006, 03:22
Why not simply play it over DGEN / PSPGenesis which is entirely full and have more version of the game to pick it at

My take on this is that SNES is preferred over Genesis and when choosing between the same game on both consoles, I would almost always prefer the SNES version. So I will continue to support the SNESTYL EMU forever. Also, the newest DGEN does not work on 2.00 PSP's. I donated $10.00 USD to the SNESTYL project today and I hope a lot of other people do also. It could only speed up production with increased support.

I really wish PSPGENESIS would get some updates. Its sad to think that some of the great EMU projects may have died.

romz.rr
February 21st, 2006, 03:28
snes and genesis version are exactly the same game O-o there's no reason... If you're on a 2.00 simply downgrade.. for the rest of the people.. well thats just too bad for them.. its a simple common knolwedge that early versions of consoles almost always get hacked to hell... fi they waited too long that's their own sad little problem...

romz.rr
February 21st, 2006, 03:28
and snes only has like ONE version of it... xD

paco1984
February 21st, 2006, 03:48
woo hoo finaly i can play turtles in time and double dragon two players again. this is awesome but if you could get the emu running online. and i know its a bit too soon to say but the socom headset. that would make games like bomberman feel more like a must-have online game. thanks alot and im looking forward to stop just saying it and actualy start kicking ass again. thanks again.

pkmaximum
February 21st, 2006, 04:01
OMG All i can say is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You have no idea how much I have been waiting for this. Just the thought of playing secret of mana two player co op. on two wireless devices drives me insane. My friend and I have been looking foward to this for so long. I do not know how to thank you guys enough. Keep up the good work and maybe eventually we will see infrastructure running. But seriously ad hoc mode was all i trueley needed and really wanted. This is going to be insane thank you so much. I can't wait till you do a public release of this and good luck.

P.S. I'll be counting the seconds... lol

siulmagic
February 21st, 2006, 04:11
can some one convert the video to mpg4 or rm cus i play it and it frezzes i have download it like 10 times and it always frezes in same spot thx and great job i love this emulator now multyplayer makes my life even better

pkmaximum
February 21st, 2006, 04:18
can some one convert the video to mpg4 or rm cus i play it and it frezzes i have download it like 10 times and it always frezes in same spot thx and great job i love this emulator now multyplayer makes my life even better

Here is the video in PMP format hopes that helps because it runs way better on the psp using that anyway well get the PMP player if you don't have it yet it rocks!

romz.rr
February 21st, 2006, 04:23
Smart people use VNC Player, works for anything... absolutely any format. And best its freeware :)

pkmaximum
February 21st, 2006, 04:29
Here is the video in PMP format hopes that helps because it runs way better on the psp using that anyway well get the PMP player if you don't have it yet it rocks!

Opps sorry about that, that video was not in PMP format. My deepest apologies. Well here is the video in PMP format I apologize. Well enjoy!

pkmaximum
February 21st, 2006, 04:31
Smart people use VNC Player, works for anything... absolutely any format. And best its freeware :)

Well smart guy the purpose of the format i had this video in was so he could watch it on his psp. But i guess someone as smart as you over looked that right...

romz.rr
February 21st, 2006, 04:33
lol why even bother to watch on a tiny screen when it can be played full screen on a pc.. lol psp video sucks anywyas.

pkmaximum
February 21st, 2006, 04:37
lol why even bother to watch on a tiny screen when it can be played full screen on a pc.. lol psp video sucks anywyas.

First of all the reason why I did not send it in mpeg format,etc. was because he said it kept freezing on his psp. Second did you know that PMP player uses the full resolution of the psp. And one more thing if you think its gay to do stuff on the PSP screen don't even come to this forum cause news flash tough guy that is what this forum is about THE PSP!!!! And I think a lot of other people think that the PSP is not gay. But knowing you, you have some smart ass remark to make.

romz.rr
February 21st, 2006, 04:51
lol you know shit about me noob, xD otherwise i'D be your god.

pkmaximum
February 21st, 2006, 05:08
Lol i bet that works with the ladies ever time. Get a life!

romz.rr
February 21st, 2006, 05:21
you hurt my feelings so much... Mind you i dont need to jacoff ot gay pr0n like you do because i have a wife... lol.

Voltron
February 21st, 2006, 05:37
lol you know shit about me noob, xD otherwise i'D be your god.

Allright, go elsewhere with that nonsense. Nobody cares to read it here. Sure we could all say you are smarter and better but surely that is not the case. Seek your negative attention in another forum.

Why does every post relating SNESTYL turn into this? Everyone go donate $5 or $10 to the YoYoFr Team (http://yoyofr.fr.st/) so that all of the "demanded" features can be added faster.

romz.rr
February 21st, 2006, 06:56
Allright, go elsewhere with that nonsense. Nobody cares to read it here. Sure we could all say you are smarter and better but surely that is not the case. Seek your negative attention in another forum.

Why does every post relating SNESTYL turn into this? Everyone go donate $5 or $10 to the YoYoFr Team (http://yoyofr.fr.st/) so that all of the "demanded" features can be added faster.

1st off back off and know your place bitch and learn to read full threads before posting idiotic comments.

2nd Très bon travail YoyoFr si tu lits c'est forum remplit d'idiots qui se pensenet meilleurs que d'autres personnes, je suis ton travail depuis la premiere version de ta release et je crois qu'il n'y a pas de meilleur emulator a date pour la sNeS sur le psp. continue le bon travail.

3rd I merely suggested the usage of VideoLan Player as it play any video format (yes even .MP4) over the computer flawlessly without the trouble of converting a low quality video then transfering it to PSP... I mean all that matters is the content and see the proof of the new features working better.

4th To the turd psp nazi.. f*ck off, it doesn't mean because i don't play gay mp4 movies made by those scene credit whores that i don't enjoy my 400+ ( http://www.abgx.net/status.php?type=1&ch=2 ) ISOs for psp collection and my half a million collection roms (GoodSet, TOSEC, GARP, REalSet). i've also been collecting every possible appz ever created for the PSP since the japanese days fw 1.00

Tk.. j'ai dit, j'aime pas m'arnaquer avec des abéciles qui ne font que de la merde et pense faire partie de la skene... lololol tous des stupids idiots...
bon travail YoyoFR

.:PSP1.0:.
February 21st, 2006, 07:36
This is really great news.. Best news in days! :P and i know alot of people waiting eargerly for yoyo and teams most antisapated release.. Thank you to the legends yoyo and team!

romz.rr
February 21st, 2006, 08:12
It would be nice if he could figure out how to fix sleep mode, whatever else it's a great piece of coding indeed.

pkmusicmaker
February 21st, 2006, 08:25
woo hoo finaly i can play turtles in time and double dragon two players again.

haha i don't know why, but it makes me so happy that someone else thought of those two games besides me. Anyway, this was a fast update, and at this rate, SNES will be near perfect in months. Just know your hard work is appreciated by many, if you couldn't tell by all these posts and donations. Thanks a million.

romz.rr
February 21st, 2006, 08:28
i might personaly donate 1 grand once he reaches v1.00.

pkmaximum
February 21st, 2006, 15:39
1st off back off and know your place bitch and learn to read full threads before posting idiotic comments.

2nd Très bon travail YoyoFr si tu lits c'est forum remplit d'idiots qui se pensenet meilleurs que d'autres personnes, je suis ton travail depuis la premiere version de ta release et je crois qu'il n'y a pas de meilleur emulator a date pour la sNeS sur le psp. continue le bon travail.

3rd I merely suggested the usage of VideoLan Player as it play any video format (yes even .MP4) over the computer flawlessly without the trouble of converting a low quality video then transfering it to PSP... I mean all that matters is the content and see the proof of the new features working better.

4th To the turd psp nazi.. f*ck off, it doesn't mean because i don't play gay mp4 movies made by those scene credit whores that i don't enjoy my 400+ ( http://www.abgx.net/status.php?type=1&ch=2 ) ISOs for psp collection and my half a million collection roms (GoodSet, TOSEC, GARP, REalSet). i've also been collecting every possible appz ever created for the PSP since the japanese days fw 1.00

Tk.. j'ai dit, j'aime pas m'arnaquer avec des abéciles qui ne font que de la merde et pense faire partie de la skene... lololol tous des stupids idiots...
bon travail YoyoFR

See what I mean Voltron this guy is a total loser. And some how convinced him self that he has a wife. Absolutley pathetic. Dude nobody cares about you go talk about your problems somewhere else please god dam it. Your annoying the hell out of us all.

romz.rr
February 21st, 2006, 15:55
lol stfu kid and ur an AOL users... xD

The_Ultimate_Eggman
February 21st, 2006, 23:21
YOFRO get a stable version of 3 instead of 4 good luck m8 to u and all involved.I really hope u succeed.

mog
February 22nd, 2006, 22:11
aaah, how could you.. we finally get the psp update after over half a year of waiting impatiently... and now you tell us another update is comming! lol, jk, i think i can cope this time. :p

only one thing i really hope to see in this version; a fix of that wierd random screen expanding-shrinking back thing in ff6, which happens for every move in a fight. happens in both 0.3 & 0.3me (atleast it does on fw1.0), im sure other people have mentioned it anyway tho.
till then im going be waiting with 0.2, just cant get used to that wierd bug.

keep up the great work, its great to see so much progress happening lately... seemed like snes emu on psp had completely died till a couple of months ago. glad skilled people like you guys have decided to put alot of time and effort in to developing such an amazing emu. :cool:

not here anymore
February 22nd, 2006, 22:25
hey mog, you'd better report to this forum:
http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=snes9xtyl
I don't think Yoyofr checks what's being said in here.
Later,

TSR

Voltron
February 23rd, 2006, 10:00
hey mog, you'd better report to this forum:
http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=snes9xtyl

That FFVI bug is annoying indeed. I did see it mentioned in the yoyofr forums. I'm sure it will be addressed at some point.

laxer3a
February 23rd, 2006, 17:58
Hi guys,

Yoyofr and I come sometimes here but yes, we don't read all the threads of the universe.
So please come over the TYL official boards to talk about issues.

Now when it comes about new features :
Of course our goal is to make the emu as good as possible while not breaking the previous features.

For the moment we have the following issues :
Yoyo and I are experimenting quite a lot of stuff, so there is chances that we may break something.

Now we simply can not test all the games at a particular moment to check if everything is fine in the emu.
When I modified the mode7 code, I used 3 games to check :
- Mario Kart
- FZero
- FF6 with airship and normal player walking.

New feature such as APU fully running on ME may even increase a compability breaking as normally these things should run in the same loop on the same cpu.

So, please give us time... It is not a matter of pourring more money in or not.
We are simply locked by the amount of free time we can spend on it. (especially yoyo as I work on other projects on my free time too).

I think for the moment sometime a loss of compatibility/small bugs is worth for a while by having in exchange nice performance jump.

Of course at a given point, we will focus more on fixing again all the troubles people are having with broken games...
For a while, please stick with previous version of TYL if you can. We know that it is annoying but I bet everybody here want to see all the games around here going faster instead of looking at us spending 50% of our dev time fixing bugs.

Thanks for the donation we received anyway.
But do not do it because you want release at a faster rate.
It is not going to change anything. Do it because you really want to support us and thank us for the time spent and all effort.

It was really nice to go twice in a nice french restaurant with yoyo 4 month ago !

Voltron
February 24th, 2006, 23:13
Good to hear from you here Laxer3a, I really agree that I would rather see speed and performance worked on for the next update than see bugs fixed on current. The multiplayer video is amazing. It caused me and I'm sure others to donate to add our support.

IT surely is an agonizing wait when you have such a great EMU like this but I would rather you took your time instead of rushing due to pressure from fans.

Keep up the hard work. Thank you very much!

pkmaximum
March 3rd, 2006, 18:56
ill donate $1000 when this release comes out this looks amazing. Just what I've been waiting for. Thx alot yofor