PDA

View Full Version : Emulating a gba game in the second slot

Phoenix0
March 27th, 2009, 17:11
I really need an answer to this quickly.

as you all know, the DSi has no slot-2, thus preventing use of the dongle method for unlocking extra content in DS games. Is it possible to use a slot-1 flashcard to emulate the pressence of a gba game in slot-2 while playing a DS game in slot-1, rom or otherwise?

i need to know this so that i can decide whether to trade in my ds lite to get money off the DSi when it comes out, or should i keep the ds lite and use both consoles

crookedmouth
March 29th, 2009, 05:41
There has been speculation that GBA/GB/GBC games may be available for download, so a future hack may allow you to use the SD card or whatever to run GBA games but I can say with a fair amount of certainty that no GBA emulator will ever run from slot 1.

SifJar
April 13th, 2009, 15:11
did you even read his post crookedmouth? he didnt ask for an emulator, he asked for a way to make the DSi THINK there is a GBA game in to unlock extra content in some DS games (e.g. DS Advance Wars and one of the GBA Advance Wars gives you extra maps). I dont think there is a way yet, but maybe once its hacked there'll be a way...

crookedmouth
April 14th, 2009, 02:25
Guess I didn't, I was probably inebriated. Sorry.