PDA

View Full Version : Japanese PSP better one to buy?

selfdestruct
February 21st, 2006, 13:07
Hi all,

looking to buy a PSP very soon ...I have seen a few sites selling the japanese versions (white) some loading with emulators etc ...is theer any advnatage on having the japanese one?

I have heard better screen, and also somewhere mentioned it is multiregion for movies or games?

Lodis
February 21st, 2006, 16:31
The Japanese ones have a better quality screen and will play more UMD movie regions than USA versions.

Forever~Zero
February 22nd, 2006, 10:15
i thought the White ones are from China? That's what the person said when i bought mine.

.:PSP1.0:.
February 25th, 2006, 08:05
i thought the White ones are from China? That's what the person said when i bought mine.

Not "ALL" white PSP's are made in china.. Heres a tip.. Where the PSP's battery is, just take the battery out out and there will be some information there telling where your PSP is made.. Japan.. China.. Along with some other useful information.. Anyway my white PSP is made in Japan..

masta_g_86
February 25th, 2006, 08:53
The Japanese ones have a better quality screen and will play more UMD movie regions than USA versions.

I'm gonna have to raise the bulls**t flag on that one.

The screens on all models are manufactured by Samsung AND they all carry the same SKU#.

The big hype behind the Japanese models is that firmware 1.0 only exists on them.

Forever~Zero
February 26th, 2006, 07:44
Not "ALL" white PSP's are made in china.. Heres a tip.. Where the PSP's battery is, just take the battery out out and there will be some information there telling where your PSP is made.. Japan.. China.. Along with some other useful information.. Anyway my white PSP is made in Japan..

Oh ok my bad. Means that the place where i got mine has their Ceramic White PSP from China.

.:PSP1.0:.
February 27th, 2006, 08:06
Oh ok my bad. Means that the place where i got mine has their Ceramic White PSP from China.

I did'nt mean anything from it man.. We're all here to learn in the end of the day right? :) And hey.. Did you by any chance get the white giga pack?

Forever~Zero
February 27th, 2006, 09:18
I did'nt mean anything from it man.. We're all here to learn in the end of the day right? :) And hey.. Did you by any chance get the white giga pack?

Not critising or anything. The person where i got mine said the white ceramic ones they had came from China. And no i dint get the Ceramic White Giga Pack. I just got the Black Value Pack along with two games. Dint get the Ceramic white one cause i think the black one looks better.