PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem 3d for Slim HEEEELP!

midnitdragoon
March 27th, 2009, 22:37
Im running duke 3d for slim and i have one little problem with it. I want to config the controls in the note pad so that i can move with the digital pad rather than the stick

Right now the controls are configured so that you use items switch wepaons with the digital pad and move with the analog stick. The help i need is swtiching those 2 things so that moving is on the digital pad and the inventory and weapon switching is on the analog stick. Heres the config file.

I tried in game to change but whatever changes i do they never save, and i cant map anything on anolog either.

JLF65
March 28th, 2009, 23:04
Most games tend to be hardcoded. Duke3D, RotT, Doom... sorry, but unless you're a programmer and can change and recompile it yourself, you're stuck until another dev makes the effort to make the controls programmable.

ninjaseikai
November 27th, 2009, 03:03
there should be a file called duke.cfg in the duke3d folder just open it with notepad scroll down to the keyboard commands and swap out the controls you wanna switch, for example i believe jump is a or z and open is space so if you want them switch on the psp switch them in the config file. piece of cake

as for me im having a huge problem where after a few minutes into the level i lose the duke talk altogether with no idea how to get it back, no oomphs when i hit use to the wall. no catch phrases at the begining of levels or when i run into specific level points, just silence from duke, any ideas?