PDA

View Full Version : Professor Layton And The Less Mysterious Localization

wraggster
March 28th, 2009, 10:12
Level 5 is not giving up on releasing the Professor Layton games overseas. During a GDC panel Akihiro Hino, President of Level 5, mentioned the second game in the series will come out here under the name Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (thanks for the tip David!!). Hino hopes it will be ready in six months.

The wait for the next Professor Layton game has been a long one, but Level 5 has been working on a ton of high profile projects. White Knight Chronicles (the international version), Dragon Quest IX, Inazuma Eleven, and a new Layton trilogy are just some of the games they are working on. Also, the Professor Layton series can’t be easy to localize since the puzzles and answers can’t be directly translated. Some of them have to be adapted to make sense as brain teasers, others have to be scrapped entirely.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/03/27/professor-layton-and-the-less-mysterious-localization/

kcajblue
March 30th, 2009, 05:10
i really liked the first professor layton game.
i wouldnt mind having a second one at all.
:]

beetroot bertie
March 30th, 2009, 14:19
I agree. The first one was excellent and had such a nice atmosphere and feel too it. An animated film would be lovely too.