PDA

View Full Version : Evangelion Goes UMD

wraggster
February 22nd, 2006, 02:14
Source - IGN (http://psp.ign.com/articles/690/690242p1.html)

Over in Japan, the UMD format may be about as hot as an Xbox running Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, but you can't blame game publishers for not trying. Bandai gave the format somewhat of a push this past week with the announcement of a UMD/game combo pack featuring one of the most popular animes of all time.

Joining the 4/27 PSP release of Neon Genesis Evangelion 2: Tsukurareta Sekai -- Another Cases will be Neon Genesis Evangelion: DECADE -- 10 Year Anniversary Memorial Box. This collectors box includes the PSP game disk and a two UMD disk set containing the two Evangelion theatrical films (Death & Rebirth and The End of Evangelion) and bonus footage. Pricing for the set is set at 10,500 yen, about double the game-only price of 5040 yen.
This set will be the only way to get Evangelion on the UMD format, according to Bandai. Those interesting in importing will want to be on the look out for the product under its Japanese name of Shinseiki Evangelion: DECADE -- 10 Shuunen Kinen Memorial Box.

Joe88
February 22nd, 2006, 03:57
YES !!!
I cant wait.
So its gonna be released 4/27. Awsome.
I can only get the game though\ since the movies are region coded and I have a US PSP.

Hawq
February 22nd, 2006, 19:28
I'm very tempted to get it despite not havin a PSP yet, I cant remember though if the umd region codes follow the dvd ones or not, if so then result for uk PSP owners. Now to find somewhere with the box with the films at a nice price that takes paypal payments, lik-sang only seem to have the game listed atm. Playasia have it currently listed at £69.70 though theres abit that says This item is not available for shipping to
European Union
Iceland
Liechtenstein
Norway
More info on it:

The limited version of “Neon Genesis Evangelion 2: Artificial World - Another cases” for PSP will come with a special UMD version of the movie version of the animation. Now here come more details about the UMDs.

The included UMDs will be a UMD Video version of the theater version of the “Neon Genesis Evangelion DEATH (TRUE) & Air / My True Heart for You”. After the period of the limited version expires, the UMD Video will also be released on itself.

The UMDs will be including a newly compiled version of “DEATH (TRUE)” (73mins) and “Air & My True Heart for You” which contains the 25th and 26th episodes of the animation (85mins). The content will be the same with the “Revival of Evangelion” which was published in 1998. The sound tracks will be in stereo, Atrac3 plus format. Special video features are also included.

The limited version of the game belongs to one of the events in the “Neon Genesis Evangelion 10th Anniversary Project”. Other events that is related to comics, CD albums, pachinko, figures and plastic models will also take place very soon.The bad thing is the no shipping to here, hopefully thatll change or somewhere else will have it listed nearer the time.

Joe88
February 23rd, 2006, 00:19
DVD's are also region coded.
So you would need a JP DVD player to play them.
It does not apply to game UMD's though. They are region free. Only movie and audio UMD are region coded.
So you can just pop this game UMD of eva 2 in a US or UK psp and it will play. Eva 2 which was originally released for the PS2 (JP only) which I have also. You need to mod your system to play it though.

Hawq
February 23rd, 2006, 20:01
DVD's are also region coded.
So you would need a JP DVD player to play them.Japan is region 2 just like the UK so its not a problem for us even if we dont multi region our players as most have done & apparantly from somethin I was reading earlier umd's use the dvd region codes so the filsm should work in a uk system, maybe I should start saving now, even though I cant read or speak Japanese, still that ddint stop me getting the Jap test type dvd that showed the first ep in its remastered form without subs. If only the game comes to the west, I'd prefer the ps2 one to come to the west really as its easier to see whats goin on on a tv, then again the Eva pachinko ps2 game looks interestin as well but thats a little off topic.

Eva 2 which was originally released for the PS2 (JP only) which I have also. You need to mod your system to play it though.Yup I got that one, just need to make a new slide card for my ps2 to play it again, no idea what I'm doin in most of it as I cant read it but I got a code to unlock all scenarios so it works out well

Joe88
February 24th, 2006, 06:44
Japan is region 2 just like the UK so its not a problem for us even if we dont multi region our players as most have done & apparantly from somethin I was reading earlier umd's use the dvd region codes so the filsm should work in a uk system, maybe I should start saving now, even though I cant read or speak Japanese, still that ddint stop me getting the Jap test type dvd that showed the first ep in its remastered form without subs. If only the game comes to the west, I'd prefer the ps2 one to come to the west really as its easier to see whats goin on on a tv, then again the Eva pachinko ps2 game looks interestin as well but thats a little off topic.

Yup I got that one, just need to make a new slide card for my ps2 to play it again, no idea what I'm doin in most of it as I cant read it but I got a code to unlock all scenarios so it works out well
Hopefully the UMD version will have subs in the movies. If not well I have the movies on my HD and I can convert them if needed with english dub.

Your using the slide crad method. I go the PS2 fliptop method.
Well I also played evangelion 64 on my PC. It was pretty good. Even though I cant read or speak a work of jp I still know what was going because of the show.
The only eva game to have eng was evangelion : iron maiden.
Iron maiden 2 was jp only. I have both. the first was pretty also. But I cant advance the story in the second one beacause I dont know what my onbjective is. Oh well. :cool: