PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP Updates -2 Versions - (NeoGeo CD Emulator for the PSP)

wraggster
February 22nd, 2006, 17:05
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/) has released 2 new updates of his NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP. (Neogeo CD Emulator)

First the stable release

NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP 0.1.6 (bugfix 3)

Whats New:

Processing and outing 22050Hz sound stream at 44100Hz fixed.

Now the new beta Test release with Save States.

NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP 0.1.7 beta 2 (save/load state test ver.)

Whats New:

This is a Beta Test version for Load and Save states
Pressing L & R Buttons to Change Pages.
To Select a slot use left or Right to choose between Save or Load then press Circle to choose.
Games can have 10 Save/Load State Slots.
Statesaves wont work in Stable version
Savestates can be anything from 300kb to 1MB, please let the data be written to the memory card before turning PSP off to avoid the Mem Stick being corrupted.

Download both versions via comments and leave your Feedback :)

siulmagic
February 22nd, 2006, 17:29
great job NJ man your da best coder you make my life even better with each release keep up the good work makes this emulator perfect!!!!!=D

Voltron
February 22nd, 2006, 17:52
This guy got save states implemented into this EMU? Awesome work.

chrisfile
February 22nd, 2006, 17:57
Thanks for this great update NJ! (North Japan). The save state works great and now I can save all my games instead of having to restart each level all over again. This is the greatest emulator ever made for the psp and is soo much better than Zelurker's Neo Geo emulator with this save state implemented. Keep up the good work. I would not be surprised if a future release comes with multiplayer support!

indstr
February 22nd, 2006, 19:57
savestates on neo geo? awesome!

Voltron
February 22nd, 2006, 20:46
This is the greatest emulator ever made for the psp and is soo much better than Zelurker's Neo Geo emulator with this save state implemented.

Does this EMU support Zipped ROMS? If so, how fast do they load compared to Zelurkers version? Some people have said that this EMU loads slow. Do you also know if this works with 2.00 firmware?

Any input on this would be appreciated.

indstr
February 22nd, 2006, 23:19
tried savestates on magician lord, it saves successfully but locks up when trying to load the state

still, awesomeness
:)

chrisfile
February 22nd, 2006, 23:21
After extensive playing with this new version, I can tell you guys a few things. Yes this emulator does support zipped roms. The loading of these zipped roms are pretty fast as well. I think the roms load just as fast as Zelurker's emulator or at least very close to it. I admit that NJ's earlier emullator's versions had much slower loading times for zipped roms. However, this version loads zipped roms much faster and is very comparable to Zelurker's emulator's loading speed times and I am sure this emulator will just get better and faster as new versions come out. Regarding 2.00 support, I am not sure. I have a 1.5 version PSP and it works perfectly. I am pretty sure though that this emulator works on the 2.00 version as it it is just additions from Yofro's original Neo Geo CD emulator which works on version 2.00. Make sure you have all the neccessary files in your emulator folder. To be on the safe side, all you have to do is open up Zelurker's Neocd folder in your PSP and just delete the eboot.pbp and logo.bmp and just add NJ's eboot.pbp and logo.bmp in that same folder. That way you will be sure you have all you need to run his emulator plus you can test it out on your 2.00 PSP as well.

One last thing-- the save state in NJ's emulator. I think this is a great idea and the save/load state works perfectly in all the games I have tested it with. I will say one thing though. For all the games I have tested his save state, it take about 3 minutes to save the state of where you are at in the game. It's quite slow right now but at least we now have a save state for our Neo Geo games and I am sure this will improve with the future versions that NJ will release soon. Also, each save state takes roughly around 500kb-750kb of space in your memory card. Thats about a half a meg of memory. I am sure that will improve also with future releases.

All in all, a great release and I still think this is the best emulator out there for the PSP. Thanks NJ! You're the man!

chrisfile
February 22nd, 2006, 23:35
Don't forget that when you are trying to load a save state from your game such as Magician Lord or any game, you must change your save state option in the menu to load state before loading it or else it will just freeze.

doggy
February 23rd, 2006, 16:35
hi!!!!!!!
I got problem with neocd after i load eloader from gta and than load to neocd.
I got rom file like(kof99 matal slot5...) after i selected that game their was an error and the massage is this:
"could not open IPL.TXT!" what is this mean?
I was trying to press square bottom to boot BIOS and it loaded to neogeo but i cant not found any game in their too?????
I am the new guy for the emulation though PLEASE REPLY SOON Thanks!!!

ultros
February 23rd, 2006, 17:02
i tried this emulator last week, because everyone said, it was faster than zerlurkers one.

i tried it with Metal Slug 1, set it to 333MHz, but it was way slower than zerlurkers. massive slowdowns when many explosions where on the screen, no fun anymore.
strange, in NJ's emu, there's no option for using the GPU, is it default?

but anyways, many updates and upcoming savestates sound very promising. :)