PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil stays top despite 50% sales drop

Shrygue
March 30th, 2009, 22:21
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/resident-evil-stays-top-despite-50-percent-sales-drop)

Resident Evil 5 has gripped the top of the UK software sales chart, despite a decline in sales of 51 per cent, according to Chart-Track.

Capcom's survival horror game has equalled Resident Evil 3 as the series' longest serving title at number one, both racking up three weeks.

Wii Fit also held onto its position at number two, while Street Fighter IV continued to claw its way up the chart, taking third place compared to last week's position at number seven, thanks to a 7 per cent boost in sales.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village dropped to fourth place, suffering from a 40 per cent dip in sales, and WWE Legends of Wrestlemania also slipped one place to number five.

FIFA 09, Call of Duty: World at War and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars claimed sixth, seventh and eight place respectively, while Call of Duty 4 shot up the chart to number nine, from 15 last week.

Tom Clancy's HAWX dropped to tenth place, while the Wheelman failed to debut in the top ten, breaking into the chart at 11.

UK software sales chart follows:
01. Resident Evil 5
02. Wii Fit
03. Street Fighter IV
04. Professor Layton and the Curious Village
05. WWE Legends of Wrestlemania
06. FIFA 09
07. Call of Duty: World at War
08. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
09. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
10. Tom Clancy's HAWX
11. Wheelman
12. Wii Play
13. Mario Kart Wii
14. Killzone 2
15. Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training
16. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
17. Ben 10: Alien Force
18. Grand Theft Auto IV
19. Carnival: Funfair Games
20. Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection

Triv1um
March 31st, 2009, 01:11
I want to know how Call of Duty 4 is still doing so well.

It's not even that great.

apex05
March 31st, 2009, 02:02
I don't pay much attention to charts anymore, i mean GTA IV's at 18 because everyone bought it in the first 20 minutes, and COD 4's there cos' of more steady but lower sales.