PDA

View Full Version : SDL Games Apps Emus List

DCEmu_Newsposter
May 12th, 2004, 01:12
With the recent release of Raw(Out of This World) by Metafox i thought it might be a good idea for people to post any and all SdL games, apps, emus etc and lets see if anything interesting comes up.[br][br]The scope of the SDL titles is massive and im sure any mainstream fans that visit ths site woule be eager to see what other software could be ported to the Dreamcast.[br][br]I myself with 2 children would love to see some learning /kiddie apps or whatever but its sure an interesting topic.[br][br]

Ian_micheal
May 17th, 2004, 22:01
Yeah and Some of them are just change the path and compiler so very easy.

wraggster
May 17th, 2004, 22:47
hmm how easy :P

WaCk0
May 17th, 2004, 22:55
well... then again, fMSX-SDL :)
DreamMSX is good but need a decent interface, a way to remap buttons to keyboard keys (for DC users that dont have a keyboard for DC)

http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~vincentd/

wraggster
May 17th, 2004, 23:09
the more sdl stuff we find and post the hopefully more chance that someone may take up a project :)

quzar
May 17th, 2004, 23:32
http://www.libsdl.org/games.php

that is a list of about 500 games in SDL. Many of them are non- portable, but most of us dont have the time to go through them to see how good they are. Usually the ones for BSD or Linux are the easiest to port.

Ian_micheal
May 17th, 2004, 23:56
hmm how easy :P

Some very easy i have tons unreleased. Some are as easy as changing a few headers and a path from /data/ to /cd/data.

Emulator are some what harder cd reading code has to be written most use directory code non portable.

But for example from scratch gensis plus sms plus sdl takes me less then 30 mins to get running and ported to dc with controls. there very will written and portable.

Games are very easy if there portable have no windows depend-ness dont need linux dependent things like x11 and gtk. etc. lot of games are as easy as writing a makefile.. typing make.

Suprized me how so many great games no one's bothered to type make on them yet. I can do most games on the sdl homepage that fit what i said.

I have some unreleased Good one's that have memory problems thats the main problem with sdl and porting to the dreamcast. Most sdl games are slopy or The persons first game no need to optimize or make it fit into small amount of memory.

Hope this helps out. has top be C C++ is a maybe only many functions do not work in kos. C is best non windows routines or linux ones straight c with sdl is as easy as it gets to port make file . type make done cant get easyer.