PDA

View Full Version : Raw 0.10 DC

DCEmu_Newsposter
May 11th, 2004, 01:00
The great Metafox has ported the great Out of This World game over to the Dreamcast, this version only has keyboard support so far but it does work :).[br][br]Download from this Raw DC Page (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/rawdc.shtml)

LyonHrt
May 11th, 2004, 01:28
Wow i never even knew this was open source.

I'll try to give my opinions asap

wraggster
May 11th, 2004, 01:33
Lets hope we see more SDL ports like this one :)

Good work Metafox :)

WHurricane16
May 11th, 2004, 02:13
:o

DemoniusX
May 11th, 2004, 02:29
metafox, I love out of this world and I am glad you ported it but just a quick question
will it support the DC controller in the next update or so cuz I am a huge fan of this game
and since I don't have a keyboard, I am kinda left out so you see my dillema, so will it have
DC controller support soon? thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

DCDayDreamer
May 11th, 2004, 02:50
For the 'Adventure game fans', if memory serves me correctly there's no saving in this game, here's some codes I had scribbled on an old notepad (don't blame me if they're wrong - they must have worked back in the day) :P:

Press C during the game, enter one of the following passwords for the levels.

Level 1 Password 0000
Level 2 Password HTDC
Level 3 Password CLLD
Level 4 Password LBKG
Level 5 Password XDDJ
Level 6 Password FXLC
Level 7 Password KRFK
Level 8 Password KLFB
Level 9 Password DDRX
Level 10 Password HRTB
Level 11 Password BRTD
Level 12 Password TFBB
Level 13 Password TXHF
Level 14 Password CKJL
Level 15 Password LFCK

Let the good times roll 8).

lantus
May 11th, 2004, 03:09
i added joystick support to the Xbox port - the author is welcome to steal it and use it for his port

WHurricane16
May 11th, 2004, 04:37
I came up with some untested code that should work:

http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=50105

WaCk0
May 11th, 2004, 05:51
:o WOW! what a nice surprise. I really love this game, but dont have a keyboard to test... is Flashback open too? 8)

nice job Metafox!

tinku
May 11th, 2004, 16:55
Nice Game, played it to the end on the PC and Amiga.

Does this DC version have sound ?

Is this DC version playable to the end ?

after reading the docs i saw contradicting nfo and didnt bother to burn it.

it seems to be another half finnished project, however like others on this forum I would like to see a finnished version with sound and playable to the finnish. good effort metafox.

tinku :)

wraggster
May 11th, 2004, 21:24
anyone got a link to the controller fixed version and also is it a freeware game?

might be cool to make a nero/cdiimage

DCDayDreamer
May 11th, 2004, 23:00
I didn't know a controller version had been released?, I thought Ian had done one but Metafox released his version first (Keyboard).

I'd like to ask Ian if he'd release his version too, but no doubt it'll start up the old troubles with certain individuals again.

DCDayDreamer now logs off and wishes of a happy DC scene where everyone gets along.

LyonHrt
May 12th, 2004, 00:06
Nice Game, played it to the end on the PC and Amiga.

Does this DC version have sound ?

Is this DC version playable to the end ?

after reading the docs i saw contradicting nfo and didnt bother to burn it.

it seems to be another half finnished project, however like others on this forum I would like to see a finnished version with sound and playable to the finnish. good effort metafox.

tinku * :)

Actually the port is pretty much exact to the pc version, which doesn't have sound either, so i guess when that does, the dc one will.

MetaFox
May 12th, 2004, 00:32
i added joystick support to the Xbox port - the author is welcome to steal it and use it for his portThanks for that. :)

Thanks also to Will Sams for his code, but KOS isn't very compliant with C++. :(

(Heh, and keeping up with the thanks - thanks for cyx for creating raw. ;D)

I've inserted the code from lantus' Xbox port, but once again I can't test it.

http://www.consolevision.com/members/metafox/dreamcast/rawdc010a.zip

So, please let me know if it works for you. :)

And, there is some sound in a patch on the raw homepage, but I haven't applied the patch.

I just did this release for the heck of it because it compiled without changes (well, almost - I had to change the directory to /cd/world, and of course create the makefile). :)

So, you can do whatever you wish with it, it really doesn't matter to me :) (well almost - no claiming that you ported it on your own or self-promotional gimmicks, but that's just common courtesy).

wraggster
May 12th, 2004, 00:42
this is great news :)

illget someont to confirm it works and post from there.

Nice to see the great Lantus helping too ;)

i wonder what other sdl ports could come over /me looks at the xbox sdl ports

MetaFox
May 12th, 2004, 01:00
is it a freeware game?

might be cool to make a nero/cdiimageIt would definately be cool to have an image of this release, but I don't believe it's been released as freeware.

It would definately be worth it to contact Eric Chahi, Delphine Software, and Interplay to see if they'd release the datafiles into the public domain. :)

Oh, and Wraggster - I changed my mind - I just can't stay away from these message boards.

/me lubs yoo :-*

wraggster
May 12th, 2004, 01:07
Yeah please keep coming, and just to answer the pm ive not answered yet :), ill be keeping a close eye on the forums at all times :)

WHurricane16
May 12th, 2004, 01:40
Fox

Metafox lubs yoo *:-*

Wraggs

Yeah please keep coming...

Those remarks are to be stricken from the record so that I may continue to think of you guys as manly men.

:P

lantus
May 12th, 2004, 01:42
i used the sound patch on the raw site to get sound implemented - it works great

wraggster - i think its a case of xbox sdl ports playing catchup with the DC ones at the moment :)

wraggster
May 12th, 2004, 01:45
rofl @ will ;)

I wonder if the sound would work then :)

tinku
May 12th, 2004, 18:14
LyonHrt

I dont know what version you played on the pc but my ver does hove sound.
it helps to have a sound card installed.

And i see now that there is a sound patch available which makes this port more interesting.

Again very nice work from Metafox who is already impoving the port.
tinku.

tinku
May 12th, 2004, 18:23
Lyonhrt:

It has sound, and a sound patch has been released for the DC version, I have no Idea what your talking about in your big Quote haha!!

If you want a copy for the pc with sounf visit the Underdogs.org

tinku.

wraggster
May 12th, 2004, 20:08
anyone get the controller edition working??

LyonHrt
May 12th, 2004, 22:07
Lyonhrt:

It has sound, and a sound patch has been released for the DC version, *I have no Idea what your talking about in your big Quote haha!!

I'm talking about raw (http://membres.lycos.fr/cyxdown/raw/), not the original game :) Anyway looking again it does have sound, but no music (with the patch).

MetaFox
May 12th, 2004, 22:12
anyone get the controller edition working??Looks like it doesn't work. :(

I've replaced my controller board from my DC with one from another DC, so I'm all set again. I'll try to get a working version with controller support out tonight.

wraggster
May 12th, 2004, 22:17
thanks mate as son as you do ill post the news and have any downloads up :)

DemoniusX
May 12th, 2004, 23:26
YAY! thanks metafox, i can then play the cheapness of 'out of this world" one of my favs on
pc\snes. Metafox you get the *demoniusX seal of quality* LOL :}

WaCk0
May 13th, 2004, 01:25
Only a bit "off topic" since its a SDL emu, already ported to XBox... ;)
Hey Ian, did you tried to compile fMSX-SDL? I saw other topics you said DreamMSX needs new menu etc (I agree). Its only an idea. I didnt find DreamMSX source anyway.
http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~vincentd/

wraggster
May 13th, 2004, 23:13
any news on controller support?

WHurricane16
May 14th, 2004, 02:34
I'll boot up in Linux and try to get my code compiled. Then I guess I better bust out the DC & VGA monitor...

WHurricane16
May 14th, 2004, 03:37
I'm getting compile errors about endianess, and a few pre-defined defs in stl_port that were re-defined in the code. Help

Well, at least now that I have my system set up I can play with that modem Metafox gave me awhile back :P

MetaFox
May 14th, 2004, 08:16
I'm getting compile errors about endianess, and a few pre-defined defs in stl_port that were re-defined in the code. Help Depending on whether you applied the patches from the raw homepage or not, you need to have in your flags -DLITTLE-ENDIAN for the original source, or -DSYS_LITTLE_ENDIAN and -DBYPASS_PROTECTION for the patch fix.

Well, at least now that I have my system set up I can play with that modem Metafox gave me awhile back :PGlad to hear it. :)

wraggster
May 14th, 2004, 21:29
any update on the controller issue?

MetaFox
May 14th, 2004, 23:59
any update on the controller issue?Nope, I haven't touched the code since Wednesday. I'm having a go at it again, so I'll keep you posted.

wraggster
May 16th, 2004, 23:51
excellent please do :)

MetaFox
May 17th, 2004, 04:15
Time for a little update. Everything that I try to do to give this release controller support doesn't seem to want to work. It won't link to KOS.h without a ton of errors, and when I try to initialize the joystick in SDL, I get a black screen.

The only solution I can think of is to extract the controller functions from the KOS library, and link it directly into the program, without the extras that are causing the hiccups.

This simple little compile has turned out to be a pain in the backside, but I'll be darned if I'm going to give up. I will see this through.

Christuserloeser
May 17th, 2004, 14:58
Thanx for your efforts! Good work that is!

wraggster
May 17th, 2004, 19:28
good luck :)

wraggster
May 17th, 2004, 20:45
did i read right somewhere about an updated port of Xrick?