PDA

View Full Version : Grip Shift

wraggster
February 23rd, 2006, 06:39
New Commercial Release for PSP :

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-grip-shift-jap.jpg

GripShift combines high-flying stunt driving and unique puzzle-solving action in an all-out, pedal-to-the-metal racing experience. Players will race as one of six unique characters in supped-up, customizable vehicles as they stunt their way through insane twisting levels while collecting power-ups, avoiding traps, beating the clock and challenging friends. Featuring more than 100 levels of puzzle-like challenges, and additional bonus games, players can race solo or with up to three other players via the PSP system's built-in wireless feature. The game also boasts unlockable racing circuits, bonus games and the ability to create custom tracks with the in-game Track Editor and share them wirelessly with other players.

More info --> http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=8553&lsaid=219793

jman420
February 23rd, 2006, 07:11
If there is anyone out there that cares, I found GripShift to be a very annoying retarded "racing" game, there is no walls anywhere in the game, so if your not perfect at stearing, you might as well throw 4000 yen out in the street . . .

neilmw
February 23rd, 2006, 09:27
I disagree. I think it's a very good game, not a racing game at all. It's similar to Stunt Car Racer from years ago, with the exception that there's more to it (more challenges and variation etc.) and it's more arcadey. One of the best PSP games in my opinion, up there with Virtua Tennis, GTA & Lumines.

jman420
February 23rd, 2006, 20:53
LOL, well alright I guess maybe i just have a warped sence of "Video Games". . . . They are supposed to be fun, and most of all playable, and GS has neither of these :p however, i find GTA to be a very annoying game, which only uses are: a coaster to set a beer on, or, for the EBOOT loader, but thats just my opinion, :p . . . It is an ok game if you dont mind spending 40 hours unlocking anything, but thats why god invented save game transfer :p . . . . .
laterz,
Jman420

blip
February 24th, 2006, 07:10
Okay this game always gets a bad wrap, But man, it is soooo fun. I find this game to be very comparable to monkey ball, (but with obvious differences in controls.)
People neglect to realize this is not a racing game, but rather a puzzle game, with the ability to race. (like monkey ball). I don't know why people say this game isn't "playable". I mean do they have the dexterity of a two year old or what? Learn how to drive. It's fun.
I've probably played this game more than GTA or SSX combined.

IndianCheese
February 24th, 2006, 21:26
Um, wasn't this game release months ago?