PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP 0.1.8 Bugfix 3 (NeoGeo CD Emulator for the PSP)

wraggster
February 23rd, 2006, 15:57
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/) has released a new update of his NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP. (Neogeo CD Emulator)

Heres the rough translation for now:

(0.1.8 bugfix1)
* BIOS it corrects the trouble which starting has become impossible. It was simple mistake.

(0.1.8 bugfix2)
* " ERROR: The Lost synchronization ", being kind of to have the fact that it is indicated it corrects.
You think perhaps it has been repaired, it is is, but.
* While indicatory the execution picture of the saving / load state pushing the Home button, when it tries to end
It corrects the trouble which it has frozen.

(0.1.8 bugfix3)
* State you reset on the basis of the date of the data. Date of my PSP increased 1 year lately, (laughing)
As for processing you did not know to having met it slips with something it is is, but * & *.
Because it is problem of indication processing, there is no modification in the data itself.

* Because there was demand of volume adjustment of the sound /MP3, it corresponds with the following 0.1.9.

Download and Give Feedback via Comments

siulmagic
February 23rd, 2006, 16:28
dude great job i will download this as soon as i get back home iom in my university now keep up the good work make it perfect!!!!!!

mcmonkey
February 23rd, 2006, 16:56
it certainly has a beter interface than the other NeoGeoCD emu and runs at a very nice speed. BUT it doesnt seem to like zipped files very much at all, it seems to either crash straight away or load up with graphical errors and then crash.

It does seem very promising though, it realy comes down to how big you memory card is though (done on tried on 2.0fw cos im one of those thick gimps who likes to play GTA with my friends)

siulmagic
February 23rd, 2006, 20:09
i use this emu and i have absolutly no problems with zipped roms this one loads them super fast onlike the other one this emu is perfect something might be rong with your zipped files dude

The_Ultimate_Eggman
February 23rd, 2006, 20:28
Yep same here m8 zipped no problem.might have a corrupt rom set dude

siulmagic
February 23rd, 2006, 20:54
have eny of you download this iv been trying and i get corrupt file ima keep trying

mcmonkey
February 23rd, 2006, 21:11
well the games i have work fiune with the other emu, hmmm interesting eh?

b8a
February 23rd, 2006, 22:30
Don't know if anyone cares, but there were a few things in the author's original post that didn't make the newsposting, so I went ahead and re-translated the release notes:

"The bug reports keep coming in. I got pretty wrapped up in simply writing the code, but it looks like there are still plenty of bugs left.

<font color="red">I've only checked minor games and games that perform special processing, so if you find any bugs, please drop me a line.
To those with Garou Densetsu 3 (Fatal Fury 3): If your save state comes up with the name "default.sv?", please contact me.
I have a feeling that there are multiple versions of this game.
If any one encounters "default.sv?" with any other games please contact me as well.</font>

-----------------------------

What's changed in 0.1.8:
-Added a Delete option to the save state menu.
-Made it so that you can return straight to the game, without returning to the menu, by pressing X after a state save.
-Fixed a bug where, in state save, when choosing to load from a slot with data in it and then moving directly to an empty slot and trying to save, wouldn't save.

*I've receieved reports that this stops functioning properly when the PSP goes to sleep and then wakes back up, and since I don't really understand what the problem is, I doubt that this situition has been resolved.
Until the cause is uncovered, open the menu and choose sleep or please make use of the save data.

(0.1.8 bugfix1)
-Fixed a problem where the BIOS wouldn't start up. It was a simple mistake.

(0.1.8 bugfix2)
-It appears that "ERROR: lost synchronization" would display and I've fixed this. It probably won't be a problem any more, I hope...
-Fixed a problem where it would freeze if you tried to exit by pressing the Home button while the Save/Load State processing screen was displayed.

(0.1.8 bugfix3)
-Returned the date stamp of the save data to original. The date on my PSP was one year behind (ha ha)
The processing was correct, so I was wondering why the dates weren't matching...
It was a problem with the display process, so there hasn't been any change to the data itself.

*There've been requests for volume control for sound/MP3, so the next 0.1.9 version will feature this."

bah
February 23rd, 2006, 23:59
Great emulator that keeps getting better :)
Thanks NJ, and cheers for the good translation b8a.

moogster66
February 24th, 2006, 02:21
I'm getting an "ERROR: Lost Synchronization" message when loading Metal Slug.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
February 24th, 2006, 18:41
They seem to be ALOT of different problems with this release.If in doubt imo use the previous release until its sorted in the next release.

b8a
February 24th, 2006, 19:50
Looks like the author is aware of this. He posted the following at the top of the PSP version news on his page:

"*In the event that the program is not running correctly, please check the following items:

1."ERROR: lost syncronization" is displayed.
Try playing with CDDA turned off.
If it works correctly like this, then there's a possibility that the MP3 files are damaged.
Even when the original data is fine, sometimes that data doesn't get perfectly copied to the memory stick, so you should delete the MP3 files and remake them from the original CD-ROM.

2.Even with CDDA on and with the MP3 files, the MP3s don't play.
The program doesn't look outside of the neocd.mp3 folder inside the game's folder.
Please check your folder settings.

3.Sprites display oddly after an error message is displayed.
This is a bug. It'll be fixed in 0.1.9, so please be patient just a little bit longer.

The bug reports keep coming in. I got pretty wrapped up in simply writing the code, but it looks like there are still plenty of bugs left. For the time being I'm going to stop working on adding new features and only focus on fixing the bugs."

Illegal Machine
February 24th, 2006, 20:12
it certainly has a beter interface than the other NeoGeoCD emu and runs at a very nice speed. BUT it doesnt seem to like zipped files very much at all, it seems to either crash straight away or load up with graphical errors and then crash.

It does seem very promising though, it realy comes down to how big you memory card is though (done on tried on 2.0fw cos im one of those thick gimps who likes to play GTA with my friends)

Zipped roms work fine for me. I think you're doing it wrong