PDA

View Full Version : PSPSeq0.10 is here - audio synthesis and sequencing on the PSP!

badplankton
February 24th, 2006, 15:20
(News submission by badplankton)

i've just finished revision 0.10 of PSPSeq.it has the following new features:

- file save and load
- track mute
- volume control for each track
- sequencer start/stop
- optimizations to allow for more concurrent audio tracks

have fun!

ethan
dspmusic.org/psp/ (http://www.dspmusic.org/psp/)

Download via Comments

wraggster
February 24th, 2006, 15:52
thanks for the news, i uploaded it to the forum rather than direct download off your link :)

badplankton
February 24th, 2006, 15:54
thanks for the news, i uploaded it to the forum rather than direct download off your link :)

cheers, much appreciated. :)

wraggster
February 24th, 2006, 15:58
moved to news forum too. all psp coders can post directly as news :)

indstr
February 24th, 2006, 18:13
how powerful are the sequencing features of this program? can i compose/sequence an entire song including drums and instruments ???

badplankton
February 24th, 2006, 18:29
how powerful are the sequencing features of this program? can i compose/sequence an entire song including drums and instruments ???

hmm i'd say it can't do a whole song yet; it's still an early release that only handles one 32 step sequence. i'll be adding support for a large number of sequences per song and the ability to, ummm, sequence the sequences in a later release. in terms of instrument control, at the moment it is simple but the full release will have more than enough configurability to write full songs of all sorts.

right now it is handling 16 tracks of audio. i'm not planning on adding more tracks at the moment but each track will have more interesting instruments + fx, and i'll be adding wav file playback support too.

indstr
February 24th, 2006, 21:33
hmm i'd say it can't do a whole song yet; it's still an early release that only handles one 32 step sequence. i'll be adding support for a large number of sequences per song and the ability to, ummm, sequence the sequences in a later release. in terms of instrument control, at the moment it is simple but the full release will have more than enough configurability to write full songs of all sorts.

right now it is handling 16 tracks of audio. i'm not planning on adding more tracks at the moment but each track will have more interesting instruments + fx, and i'll be adding wav file playback support too.

i don't really need more than 16 tracks. most important is the power of the sequencing function and easily changing the pitch of the wav files. have you ever used old tracking programs like impulse tracker or fast tracker? something similar to that for PSP would be AWESOME!

badplankton
February 24th, 2006, 23:25
i don't really need more than 16 tracks. most important is the power of the sequencing function and easily changing the pitch of the wav files. have you ever used old tracking programs like impulse tracker or fast tracker? something similar to that for PSP would be AWESOME!

pitch will definitely be easily, but i don't know that the PSP will have the processing power to resample each track in real time (therefore, if you play a sample pitched up 1 octave it will be 1/2 as long). not that that matters if you're writing DnB. :)

as for trackers i've played around with buzz a bit, never IT or FT. i'd say that what i'm aiming at is something between a tracker and fruityloops. the limited interface is tricky so i'm thinking hard about ways to simplify and speed up the composition process. all in good time...