PDA

View Full Version : Monkey 64 WIP News (Nintendo 64 Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
February 24th, 2006, 16:12
PSmonkey has posted another update on his progress with his Nintendo 64 Emulator for PSP:

<blockquote>With more and more things starting to work (including new demos) I am starting to debate a time frame for release. I was originaly gunning for "when more runs, post quickly" but I am thinking not to do that. I am actualy thinking of trying to get the emulator to the point where it's waiting on rsp emulation. That way when I start on it again (need break to work on iris) I will be starting in on rsp emulation to start running comercial roms. Sure it might only take me another week to get to this point but I am thinking of delaying it further for a huge release on march 9th (there be a reason for that) but I am unsure atm. So I will have to debate it further and also continue to hunt down bugs.

Well anyways i'll post some pictures up later today of new status & of me hopfuly kicking the n64 ass in pong by omar. </blockquote>

More info here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19204&page=2&pp=10

Illegal Machine
February 24th, 2006, 16:25
Dude, finish it up a.s.a.p. and release it, so others can get down on optimization action.

debate lol

thats like one of the most highly anticipated emus out there man.. any chance of you making an intellivision or colecovision emu after?

Voltron
February 24th, 2006, 17:05
Keep fighting the good fight PSMonkey. Sounds like its really coming along.

Of course, I too would like to see this ASAP but I understand there are a lot of IRIS fans out there as well.

Thanks PSMonkey

alphonzo
February 24th, 2006, 17:41
I can't wait to see the day it come. I like Mario64. Hope it for work for real in my PSP

The_Ultimate_Eggman
February 24th, 2006, 18:36
Theres still ALOT of work to do what are the current FPS on the emu 5 to 7 ?. Keep it up dude release it so others can help you to progress it futher dont be afraid to ask for help dude the are some very talented peeps out there on the homebrew scene that can help..

shadowhawk22
February 24th, 2006, 19:10
Agreed. I just wanted to say THANK YOU! You're my hero PSmonkey! 64 Emu will make the homebrew scene sooo much better. Let's get this sucker out, so more people can help stabilize it. W00t, good job!

Hawk

PSmonkey
February 24th, 2006, 20:51
I still have long to go for mario64 (probably 1-2 months) and then another 2 months for a recompiler for playable speeds.

Demos at the moment are doing around 5-6fps. Yet due to a few helper hacks (ie if the game is in a loop waiting for vsync, just trigger it ealy and compensate for it) push chaos demo to 11.5fps.

Kaiser
February 24th, 2006, 22:21
I don't know what I'm looking forward to more, the new Iris or this. Keep at it PSmonkey!

kyus
February 24th, 2006, 22:37
Yeah... agreed... psmonkey... you're gonna be a huge name, and nobody could ever accuse you of simply porting something.

If the emulator exceeds all expectations, and plays more than mario 64... well... nintendo might have to rethink any strategy they have of simply porting more 64 titles to ds :P not that they were gonna... ah.. i'm still bitter about all those snes ports on gba. let's get this straight nintendo, or any other ds developer, ESPECIALLY RARE... mario 64, animal crossing, rayman. End it there. I don't wanna play a game I've already played.

Wow... I went way off topic there huh? :P

lynx2oo2
February 24th, 2006, 23:06
This is one of the emu's I have really been looking forward to.

good work on the progress, and if you only get 3 games working, make them pilotwings, mario64 and conkers bad fur day. :D

good luck............

aries2k4
February 24th, 2006, 23:46
Glad to hear your really making a go of this. I´ve read so many times this wouldn´t be possible, I really hope you can prove em wrong. Keep it up!!

PSPdemon
February 25th, 2006, 00:42
Great Job!!!! Your doing GREAT :D

Sorry about not being on as much as i use to...the only time i get on is when i am at school or when i am trying to do both work on my mod and looking at the news... its great to hear from your progress on M64...I am looking forward to a release of M64 and especially Iris :D

If you ever do get M64 to run commercial games at a good frame rate... the one's that i find the best to be are Mario64, Zelda: Ocorina of Time ( sorry if i misspelled it ) and the one i would be looking forward to the most is Conker's Bad Fur Day :D

Anyway...just out of curiosity....when do you suspect that you will release Iris 1.5? just wondering because i am curious about what you have added and see what i can do :) i just want to see how far i can push the engine.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Erban Terrorist
February 25th, 2006, 08:25
PSMONKEY...I have been with the psp hacking scean since its release in Japan,and even more when I finally got mine in the US on March 24 standing in line at 12:23 am....I go to alot of psp sites and I download,read news and comments about the SCENE about WAB,about SITE HITS ,and people stealing code or leaking this....people FLAMEING other people...its a mess. I NEVER comment,yeah...on ANYTHING...I have opinions...just never thought mine mattered....but im commenting now...The PSP SCENE needs this.We need an emulator that has some substance...I mean dont get me wrong.Every ZELDA and MARIO game is great as it was then as is now....but really,how long do we all invest into it?Ten min here an hour there....fooey....I want to play something 3d now.....its 2006 and PSP is on his 1 yr birthday and as far as I know the psp is the pinacle of portable electronics to date.....PSMONKEY and a select few others are the only people working on three dee games..Whether it be IRIS or the 64 EMU the SCENE and ALL in it await......

guess that was a little off topic here and there.....my bad....now you know why i never post!!

P.S.Are you releasing source too?????

Voltron
February 25th, 2006, 11:35
Zelda: Ocarina of Time - nuff said!

Might be hard due to the size of the ROM however.