PDA

View Full Version : Revolver 1.0

DCEmu_Newsposter
April 24th, 2004, 22:28
Vortexx has released a fantastic looking Virtua Cop Style game for the Dreamcast, heres the details:[br][br]Revolver is a 3D arcade style shoot 'em up that uses the Dreamcast Light Guns. It plays similar to Virtua Cop, only on a more basic level. The theme of the game is of the Old West.[br][br]Heres whats featured so far[br][br] 2 Player Support[br][br]Lightgun Support for VGA monitor and TV Set.[br][br]Controller support with crosshair implementation.[br][br]50hz/60hz Selector (could of gotten these mixed up ;) )[br][br]VMU Hi-Score Saving.[br][br]Camera and Enemy Scripting.[br][br]Pause Game.[br][br]Hi-Score Entry.[br][br]Puru Puru Support (thanks to Kamjin and SinisterTengu) [br][br]Download from our Revolver Page (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/revolver.shtml)

wraggster
April 24th, 2004, 22:37
Fantastic game give it a go and post your findings :)

Darksaviour69
April 24th, 2004, 22:45
i just want to add this is the first DC homebrew release from Eire! ;D

cheers Vortexx

wraggster
April 24th, 2004, 23:31
its an awesome release too :)

Vorrtexx
April 24th, 2004, 23:40
Thanks guys,

Darksaviour, we gotta put ourselves on the map, right? ;)

Kamjin
April 24th, 2004, 23:46
My Hat's off.. well done!!!

wraggster
April 24th, 2004, 23:48
Vorrtexx i made a page here becasue i didnt want to kill your Temp hosting, i also posted your news on VGN too

thats Vintage Gaming Network, one of the best emu/gaming news sites out there.

Vorrtexx
April 24th, 2004, 23:51
wraggster, thanks for the mirror, and fackue too for really helping me out and posting the release.

wraggster
April 25th, 2004, 00:07
i would have helped earlier butive had personal probs(which are over i hope)

wraggster
April 25th, 2004, 00:21
Nice to see so many up and coming coders in the Dreamcast scene.

Clessy
April 25th, 2004, 04:36
Pretty sweet. Its a shame it didnt come out soon enough to be in any of the contest.

wraggster
April 25th, 2004, 11:52
Yeah i would have thought it would have given the other games a run for their money.

WHurricane16
April 25th, 2004, 16:58
The bar has been raised once again. Congrats, Vortexx :)

wraggster
April 25th, 2004, 17:21
Graphically its on a par with Alice but in a diferent way in my opinion.

DCDayDreamer
April 25th, 2004, 17:25
I'm going to burn this tonight, sounds great and I'm sure I won't be dissapointed - now where the hell did I put my lightgun? :-[

DCDayDreamer
April 25th, 2004, 22:32
:D Great game, excellent work Vortexx, can't wait to see more updates to this one 8), Can this be modded by the user?

By the way, the plain files package on the revolver page (plainrevolver.zip) is a CDI image, guess you guys mixed up the zips in all the excitement about the game ::).

Vorrtexx
April 25th, 2004, 23:38
Thanks guys.

I hope for the scripting to be moddable in the future. currently the scripting it created in real-time on the dreamcast and saved to PC.

There is alot of stuff I still want to do with this, and I won't get back to this for about a month. I'm finishing up college over the next month so I've got lots of assignments/tests to study for so there will be 0% activity on this until the end of May. After that I'll probably get back into this and add more options, enemies, levels and some more surprises.