PDA

View Full Version : Coding Contest Temp Cancelled

wraggster
February 25th, 2006, 12:56
Some sad news folks our PSP 60 Day Contest has been temp cancelled, i will update with some better news in the long run but for now the contest will be held later in the year.

Sorry to all those who were interested in it.

CoderX
February 25th, 2006, 13:01
Wasnt going enter any thing becouse the prize wasnt psp related
If it was a memcard i would have gone above and beond

here is what you need to do Wrag

1. 2Gig ScanDisk
2. 1Gig
3. 512mb

Do that and you will spark more intrest

Bouba
February 25th, 2006, 13:24
Hi!

I'm coding a game for this "ex" constest. It's a pity to cancel it... Can you give us a reason please?
If it's because you can't have any prize, I don't know if it's really important. To me, I don't participate to win anything but just :
- to create another homebrew for users pleasure
- to be famous :D
I was thinking to do something for a while, the constest is just made me start. May be I'm not the only one who tinks like that...

(btw, I'll continue my game coding)

Voltron
February 25th, 2006, 13:48
WTF?

Well that sucks. No reason is suspicious.

I agree about the prize. It should be PSP related. If you need supporters & donations in order to secure the prizes, perhaps their can be an organized way to set that up.

Also, I was considering starting a website to encourage donations and support to all of the hard working coders working to make the PSP better.

I realize that this idea is probably a taboo with homebrew however. The concept would be simple. Coders would be contacted for permission in adding them to the support list. Then fans & supporters can choose who to donate to. Some people may want to donate to the PSPSOne project, some to Fanjita's eLoader, etc. etc. The amount of donators (NOT the monetary amount) will be measured and updated to see which projects are getting good support and which projects may need a boost.

The idea would be to help free up some time for the coders to maybe be able to come out with releases a little faster. It seems that the PSP Scene has picked up quite a bit and I'd hate to see a slowdown or loss of interest.

Any thoughts?

DraconumPB
February 25th, 2006, 15:22
I would have tried to win the gp2x if I coded for PSP, it seems like a really cool system, wouldn't mind having it. I would much rather win that than a mem stick which doesn't really give you the ability to do much more than you can already do.

kyus
February 25th, 2006, 20:24
The competitions sometimes seem like bait to win talented coders over to another system. Frankly, I can't see it working though. PSP is a much better system than GP2X in terms of hardware, popularity and coder interest. I don't mind however, as it usually produces some interesting releases.

a few 2gb cards would surely be more tempting prizes wraggy. :P

CoderX
February 26th, 2006, 01:22
wrag i feel you are avoiding this topic

Flipao
February 26th, 2006, 19:43
These forums seem creepier by the day :|