PDA

View Full Version : Jim Lee takes the creative reins of DC MMO

wraggster
February 25th, 2006, 16:25
Jim Lee is giving the Bat one more go on the video-game front by tackling the role of Executive Creative Director on the DC Comics MMO planned for release in 2008.

The comics industry veteran and fan of MMOs has worked on the "DC Comics Online Project" since August, and he's now meeting with the folks at Sony Austin weekly in order to make the game "as close to the DC Comics source material as possible."

The prospect of DC's multiple realities actually becoming part of an MMO's multi-server gameplay is an exciting one, but we hope that Lee's hands-on approach to this title turns out better than his last Batman adaptation, Rise of Sin Tzu. So does that mean Rob Liefeld's available to work on the Marvel MMO for Microsoft?

Jdemon
February 26th, 2006, 06:50
Masive Multiplayer Online? For some kind of online DC gaming experience? I just don't see it. I think it's great that Jim Lee is getting work, I think the man has alot of artistic talent. I just don't think comics translate well at all to a "Galaxies" type of approach. Multiplayer I can see, maybe even up to say 20 people in a game, but anymore is just losing the personal substance which is what people like about comics.