PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbusters PSP Not Coming

wraggster
April 2nd, 2009, 10:26
When you think of classic perpetrators of April Fools Day jokes, the Entertainment Software Rating Board usually doesn't spring to mind. However, the ESRB's latest listing has a tidbit so juicy some might just chalk it up to April 1st shenanigans.

Apparently, Ghostbusters: The Video Game is coming to the PSP. No, it's not. See update below.

Although the game's been announced on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 2, Wii, and Nintendo DS, this Everyone 10+ rating is the first time the game has ever been mentioned for Sony's platform. A message left with Atari about this craziness was not immediately returned.

If it's true, the PSP joins the PS2 and Wii in the Everyone 10+ rating while the PC, 360, and PS3 are going with a "Teen" and the DS gets a flat "Everyone." We'll keep you updated as details become available.

UPDATE: Atari says the PSP version is not happening.

"Currently a PSP version is not a part of the release plan for Ghostbusters: The Video Game," a reprsentiave said. "Atari will release the Ghostbusters: The Video Game for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation 2 system, the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC, Wii and Nintendo DS. Ghostbusters: The Video Game will be available around the globe as Sony marks the film's upcoming 25th anniversary."

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/968/968619p1.html

Buddy4point0
April 3rd, 2009, 01:31
Wow... Lame.
Well, I guess it's better than just getting a crappy port of the PS2 version.

wolfpack
April 4th, 2009, 09:52
Thats okay, i'd rather have the 360 version anyways ^^_^^

darkriku2000
April 5th, 2009, 06:53
well... at least I still have my wii and 360...