PDA

View Full Version : Problems with fMSX for N-Gage

Cernex
February 25th, 2006, 22:19
Hello, I have a question... but, this is more of a problem, rather than a question...

Take in account, though, that the cellphone were I'm trying to install the thing is an N-Gage (sortta ovious)

Now,for all of you guys who have the emulator, know that you have to install a special .sis file to activate the roms (both sistem and game files) installed on the emulator (I'm installing it on my MMC)

Thing is, the tool kit the site gives you worls for the 1.10 version, NOT for the 1.07 version (the only compatible version with the N-Gage). So the .SIS file the program gives you doesn't work!!!

Also...

Since I've already given up any hopes of finding the system tools for v.107 (BTW, I can't install v.1.10... it isn't compatible), I began looking for OLDER system tools. On http://ngage.dcemu.co.uk/fmsx.shtml I was able to find the s.t for ver. 1.04, and after downloading it I THEN downloaded v1.04 via the history sectoin of the main page (http://personal.inet.fi/private/riihimaki/s60/fmsxs60.html) ... unfortunantly, after doing the whole thing (making both the .gz and the .sis versions of the roms, moving them to the MMC, etc), the installer of the roms doesn't works!!! (In the middle of the process, a system error appears and the installation stays incomplete... and the roms doesn't works).

(BTW, the games I'm trying to play are metal gear 1 and 2... the 2 roms I own have been tested with nlMSX already, and they DO work).

Please, I need some help here. I'm desperate.

Thanks in advance
El Cernex

Cernex
February 25th, 2006, 23:05
Ok... error fixed... just in case: The trick is that, if installing the emu in an MMC (like I did), you DON'T need the system tools... apparently, you need to copy the files (.roms) DIRECTLY as they are to the emu's directories.

So there, I did it and the thing worked perfectly. What the heck does the system tools do then??? Theory is, they install the roms WHEN you installed the emu on the cellphone's memory. I guess, of course,

Now, the remaining problem (but on a VERY inferior scale) are the keyboard configurations... as N-Gage's "keyboard" appears with such keys as 0*0005, LeftSK, 0*007e... I mean, is rather confusing...

El Cernex