PDA

View Full Version : FrodoDS - c64 emulator .d64 working

GPF
February 26th, 2006, 00:23
I'v gotten .d64 support working now in the c64 emulator, so now I can use snapshots created with the pc version of Frodo, as well as load .d64 disk images.

http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk/dsd64.jpg

.t64 tape support isnt currently working because I havent been able to find a portable fscanf function, and/or figure out how to convert the following code.

KOS_fscanf(the_file, "%d", &dir_blocks);

KOS_fscanf(the_file, "%d\015", &num_files);

KOS_fscanf(the_file, "\015%d\015%c\015%d\015", &num_blocks, &type_char, &last_block);

Still have sound to fix, and couple issues with the onscreen keyboard. Next will be to figure out a menu for selecting options and .d64 images to mount etc.

Troy(GPF)
http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk

miner2049er
February 26th, 2006, 00:35
Of all the emus out there, this is the system I'm waiting for.

Your project is awesome.

j3rk
February 27th, 2006, 18:30
Nice!

scrabbus
February 28th, 2006, 16:04
since i tested the earlier release troy has done amazing things with it, keep up the great work

Metaluna
March 18th, 2006, 21:16
It looks very promising. Very impressive work!

C64 has always been my favourite computer. So much fond memories (Bruce Lee, Little Computer People, Fort Apocalypse, Spy vs Spy, Jet Set Willy, Forbidden Forrest, Wizardry, the list goes forever...).

blackd0t
March 21st, 2006, 14:26
Hi, Troy. Amazing job!

Any chance of releasing the .nds or .ds.gba files or anything like that? I'd love to check it out.

GPF
March 21st, 2006, 17:27
it was released last night :) I entered it in the neoflash app division contest.
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,1918.0.html you can download it from there, i will get it up on my site soon with the source code also.

Go there and say how wonderful the emulator is and vote for my project so I can win a flashcard :) --- or the (XBOX 360) .....

Troy(GPF)

LTK
March 21st, 2006, 19:39
Great! Good luck!

militarypolice
March 21st, 2006, 23:52
how about supercard, it sims doesnt work.
emulator starts but any of d64 I put to RD directory not detected
I have same text like in screenshot is "-2 files detected etc."
maybe its the library from stellads which seems doesnt work too on supercard
Is there any chance to correct it.
MMM..C64.....that was the greatest 8bit I have ever had.

GPF
March 22nd, 2006, 00:28
Had someone finally test it on supercard sd and discovered that it didnt work, then with the help of Sektor, he discovered that alot of the targets are disabled by default from the FAT lib that being one of them. I have enabled all of the targets and disabled write support since some of the targets don't have write support yet anyway.

So if the previous version that I entered in the neoflash contest doesn't work for you , iv attached a new version to the post.
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,1918.0.html

Please vote for my c64 emulator port entry while your are there :)

Troy(GPF)

Zandengoff
March 22nd, 2006, 00:56
is there any chance of a .nds file release for the users of the gbamp

GPF
March 22nd, 2006, 01:18
yes either version .nds file should work with the gbamp
you can download from here.

Troy(GPF)

GPF
March 22nd, 2006, 06:25
Ok finally tested on the m3 sd and it still broken in version 0.1 , I grabbed the FAT lib from the mp3play10 source since it was reported the it was working with m3 sd, but disabled write support just in case and have attached those new version to this post,

If the previous version wont work for you this version should, I tested the .ds.gba and was able to view the files in the /rd folder and mount them and then load them from the c64 ready prompt

BTW thanks all for your votes and support
Troy(GPF)

mgarrine
March 22nd, 2006, 10:20
PLEASE COULD YOU GIVE ME a link for the latest release for sd download?

please i love your porject but i did not find on the post you said...

Many thanks and compliments!!!! this is my favourite ds app!

Metaluna
March 22nd, 2006, 11:20
I've just voted for you! :)

hope you'll get the prize. Fingers crossed ! ;)

Just go there (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,1918.0.html) and go down the page.

scrabbus
March 22nd, 2006, 17:01
i have an M3 CF it works, no sound as yet, and the keyboard is disabled, lots of games work, lots do not, its a trial and error thing, good work so far though!!!

spam
March 22nd, 2006, 22:13
You need to have an account on neoflash.

Try:

username: spam
password: spam

and the downloads will be shown.

GPF
March 22nd, 2006, 23:01
just sign up for your own account, votes are not calculted otherwise :) and as soon as the contest is over I will post the binaries on my website with some new features, have snapshots working now, just need to add a menu to select them.

Thanks again for your support.
Troy(GPF)

militarypolice
March 23rd, 2006, 17:58
Troy . what about two disks games, and changing it on the fly?

GPF
March 23rd, 2006, 19:32
yeah i definetly need to add that feature, once i get a menu to select options and stuff it will be in there.

Definetly could use ideas on what the menu should look like(which screen) what would be easiest to use , key combo etc.

Troy(GPF)

scrabbus
March 23rd, 2006, 20:46
I was just about to ask that!!! Also...There are a few other issues Troy, but I dont want to appear like waldorf and statler!! the loading of the games takes ages, is there any way to speed this up???

GPF
March 24th, 2006, 00:03
yeah its because 1541 drive emulation is on, which makes it take alot longer. I just found the bug which prevented me from turning of 1541 emulation mode, so should have that fixed in the next release.

Troy(GPF)

scrabbus
March 24th, 2006, 09:37
quality!! how are you getting on with the sound, as I already know the job you have on your hands emulating the SID chip. Also there are some compatibility probs at the moment, but as always Troy, very much apreciated.

GPF
March 25th, 2006, 01:03
quality!! how are you getting on with the sound, as I already know the job you have on your hands emulating the SID chip. Also there are some compatibility probs at the moment, but as always Troy, very much apreciated.

Getting closer, i can now recognise the tune in M.U.L.E now ;)

Troy(GPF)

scrabbus
March 25th, 2006, 09:30
hahaha nice one, and with the 1541 turned off this baby is gonna fly!!

Misterazz
March 26th, 2006, 20:17
i cant get it working on my supercard cf ..any clue? i tried to rename the gba to nds also but it freezes anyway

miner2049er
March 26th, 2006, 21:18
This is a great emu so far.

I've been testing loads of games with it.

Perhaps an idea would be to use the charging light to indicate disk activity as some games look like they are hung while they load. This probably won't be an issue if 1541 emulation is off though.

Obviously sound would be excellent too.

I noticed in the Monty Mole games that the colours seem a little off as Monty is grey and is difficult to see where he should be white. Impossamole runs really slow too.

Lots of the games I tried are playable though and that is a great leap.

Keep up the good work.

Handheld Miner 2049er here we go!

GPF
March 27th, 2006, 04:03
This is a great emu so far.

I've been testing loads of games with it.

Perhaps an idea would be to use the charging light to indicate disk activity as some games look like they are hung while they load. This probably won't be an issue if 1541 emulation is off though.

Obviously sound would be excellent too.

I noticed in the Monty Mole games that the colours seem a little off as Monty is grey and is difficult to see where he should be white. Impossamole runs really slow too.

Lots of the games I tried are playable though and that is a great leap.

Keep up the good work.

Handheld Miner 2049er here we go!

thanks.
yeah thanks to mic the dualis author , alerted me to the color problem , I have fixed that in the new version as well so the main c64 color is the familiar blue and not a purplish color :)

What I would like to get working eventually will be the drive lights along the top of the keyboard, kind of like the windows version with the drive lights along the bottom status line.

Need to fix the menu at the beginning so it doesnt jump around :) , Was planning on having a new release already but iv been busy playing Jumpman, MULE, Commando and my favorite Rags to Riches :)

Troy(GPF)

Misterazz
March 27th, 2006, 18:18
GPF any suggestion to get it to work on a supercard cf??

trueman
March 27th, 2006, 21:46
Freeze on my supercard sd (all Versions of the emu, *.nds or renamed *,gba.nds to *.nds)
Any ideas? Has it anyone working on a supercard sd

GPF
March 27th, 2006, 22:08
GPF any suggestion to get it to work on a supercard cf??
Im not sure, your the first that i know of that has either tried it or has had problems with it, let me know if you get it to work.

Freeze on my supercard sd (all Versions of the emu, *.nds or renamed *,gba.nds to *.nds)
Any ideas? Has it anyone working on a supercard sd

OK got a little more information from my tester, he said you rename the FrodoDS.ds.gba to FrodoDS.gba.nds and then from the file selection menu press A button to load it.

If someone can post some help or information about the Supercard CF, I would appreciated it, as would Misterazz :)

Thanks,
Troy(GPF)

Misterazz
March 27th, 2006, 22:45
i tried to rename FrodoDS.ds.gba to FrodoDS.gba.nds but it didnt work for me :/ i hope you can do something to get it to work on supercard cf too :D c64 rocks

GPF
March 27th, 2006, 23:26
im asking around to see if anyone knows how to get it to work. Are you aware of any other opensource homebrew software that works that I can maybe look at the code for the FAT lib?

Troy(GPF)

Misterazz
March 27th, 2006, 23:40
never tried anyone sorry :( if you can suggest me something i can try if this can help

miner2049er
March 28th, 2006, 00:11
Supercard SD works fine for me.

Use the ds.gba version but rename it to .nds (general rule for all homebrew on SD).

That's it. Works for me.

Don't forget to put the rd directory in the root of your SD card.

Misterazz
March 28th, 2006, 00:33
GPF i've tried Xrick Ds both the gba version renamed to nds and the nds version worked, i dunno if this can help you out with the c64 emu , tnx

GPF
March 28th, 2006, 07:07
GPF i've tried Xrick Ds both the gba version renamed to nds and the nds version worked, i dunno if this can help you out with the c64 emu , tnx

Unfortunetly that game doesn't use the FAT lib, the c64 emulator is my first program that uses it. Im working on version that will work, with more steps involved to create the bin to load, using genromfs to build a fs thats attached to the .nds and .ds.gba, so that can be used my everyone else that doesnt have a flashcart thats compatible with the fat lib.

Troy

iceman100
March 28th, 2006, 16:15
Hi i got the emu working only with the gba file, but it takes a while to load, also the sound and speed with the games run like their on gba. Is this because the nds file doesn't work, so we have to load up the gba one? Im pretty sure if it was the nds it would run way better, and how is there a keyboard if it is gba? I don't know if the keyboard interface is the final one, but i had a good idea for one. Have you ever played that game on nds called contact? Well at the beginning they have a c64 keyboard that's exactly like the real thing, but it's also emulated for typing in the game if you had something like that it would be perfect.

militarypolice
March 28th, 2006, 22:05
ICEMAN100 there is no diffrence in speed and work between this two files , only extensions are diffrent allow you to start it on gba flash card (ex. F2Advane etc. - extension *.gba) and supercard or neoflash - *.nds extension

moin
April 1st, 2006, 02:03
hello!

i can start FrodoDS.nds on m3 cf. then it shows for example 8 files found, but i see no files. can you help me?

thx, moin

moin
April 1st, 2006, 02:06
ok found problem, i hit "a" instead of "start"
;)