PDA

View Full Version : DSLua v0.1 Preview

wraggster
February 26th, 2006, 02:58
Could this be a start of an explosion of homebrew for the DS, theres Hundreds of Lua Releases for the PSP (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-lua-games.shtml), heres what the coder waruwaru (http://www.dslua.com/) posted:

You don't know C/C++, but you want to write some programs for your DS? Well, learn Lua and write scripts to run using DSLua! Here is version 0.1 (preview build) for you to play with. Version 0.1 supports some basic text functions, and functions to read dpads/stylus input. Currently it will only work with devices support by Chishm's FAT driver (devices like GBA Movie Player and M3 CF) though. Enjoy!

Download via comments:

Öhr
March 4th, 2006, 10:11
YAY! Great app!
can someone give me waruwaru's email adress?

waruwaru
March 7th, 2006, 04:22
Thanks for posting about DSLua (www.dslua.com). Version 0.2 supports GBFS, which means you will be able to run DSLua in DeSmuME or SD based flash cards (of course cf card is still supported). ;) Hope your guys like it.

Btw, Öhr GmbH, you can contact me through DSLua.com. :)

Öhr
March 7th, 2006, 13:09
where?
theres no link for a pm, email adress or anything else :(

im currently working on "Paint" for DSLua.
i never programmed with LUA before so its not easy for me :rolleyes:

EDIT: first version ready: LUApaint v0.1 (oehr-gmbh.omgwtfbbq.de/LUApaint.lua) (download the file and run it with DSLua)

waruwaru
March 7th, 2006, 21:10
where?
theres no link for a pm, email adress or anything else :(

Hahha, my bad. Sorry. I just assumed the default Joomla install had some PM functionalities... I will add it soon. Sorry about that.

im currently working on "Paint" for DSLua.
i never programmed with LUA before so its not easy for me :rolleyes:

EDIT: first version ready: LUApaint v0.1 (oehr-gmbh.omgwtfbbq.de/LUApaint.lua) (download the file and run it with DSLua)

Haha, I just ran LuaPaint.lua in the emulator. Very cool text paint program. :) I think you are doing well in Lua. With the new 8bit background, you should be able to do a pixel paint program using DSLua 0.2. :)