PDA

View Full Version : Monkey 64 WIP News Update (Nintendo 64 Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
February 26th, 2006, 03:03
PSMonkey has again posted an update on the status of his Nintendo64 Emulator for the PSP, heres what he posted tonight:

<blockquote>Well after some back and forth I figured a few things out. For some reason I dont need to byteswap the pif ram where pc emulators do. So with this and a few corrections I got input working. Even better is the fixing of SI transfer now keeps a few homebrew games from crashing.

So here are some screenshots of Pong by omar, Liner (I dont understand the point of this game), Manic Minor & MM hiden levels (oddly enough its very dark), & the wonderful n64 logo returns from waverace (do note that no comercial games run, this just this logo shows up since it draws to the framebuffer with no use of the rsp/rdp). Anyways enjoy. More updates to come when more progress is made. </blockquote>

Check out the screenshots at his site here -> http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk/

PSmonkey
February 26th, 2006, 03:55
christ do you ever sleep wragster?

:)

ryan2006
February 26th, 2006, 04:10
Y would wraggster need sleep :S he super human is he not?:P
nice to see tht ur posting updates so tht every1 knows whats goin on gr8 work psmonkey

Mysteryman
February 26th, 2006, 05:54
Hey great work PSMonkey. And I think it's all that british tea or wraggster has figured out the secret to cloning?....

Kaiser
February 26th, 2006, 06:46
Hey great work PSMonkey. And I think it's all that british tea or wraggster has figured out the secret to cloning?....

Don't you know?! he's actually ten midgets running around five computers constantly checking the web for news. They each take 10 minute breaks to eat, and sleep for 6 hours a day. But there is never less then four checking the news. That way it stays constant. They live in a one bedroom apartment somewhere in Nottingham, I think.

....well thats my theory anyways

shadowprophet
February 26th, 2006, 07:55
I heard it was eleven super powered ninja leprechauns, with a constant caffeine high, and wireless t3 connection to sony:p

Thats how he manages to keep the psp scene on top like he does:D

HeX
February 26th, 2006, 08:08
Don't you know?! he's actually ten midgets running around five computers constantly checking the web for news. They each take 10 minute breaks to eat, and sleep for 6 hours a day. But there is never less then four checking the news. That way it stays constant. They live in a one bedroom apartment somewhere in Nottingham, I think.

....well thats my theory anyways

Can anyone say oompa loompa?

Festizzio
February 26th, 2006, 08:19
Can anyone say oompa loompa?
Or Chumba Wumba...
BTW, awesome job, PSmonkey!! You are my inspiration, lol. :D

pkmaximum
February 27th, 2006, 02:20
It will be a great day when one day we see a comercial rom run on the PSP. Well lets not jump to conclusions lol. Well good luck psmonkey you have my support.

PSmonkey
February 27th, 2006, 03:51
Small update i made in my topic that this post did not catch (i made it afew replies down).

Due to a jump hack (ie checking if were looping an instruction till vsync triggers) I got some demos (very few) doing 12-15fps. Even better..... PONG by omar, Runs at a fully playable 30fps. :D I played a 20 min game today and was 8-7 against the computer. Cool thing is I think pong suports 2 players if it finds 2 active n64 controllers so I might leave that option open in the menu screen to allow 2 people to play together.

shiftybill
February 27th, 2006, 05:04
omg 30 fps !!!! keep it up dude!!

CoderX
February 27th, 2006, 13:49
Monkey Comercial roms - Only 2 any on is realy intrested in
Zelda Ocarana Of Time
Mario 64

If you can get that going we all will be extreamly thankful

PSmonkey
February 27th, 2006, 14:21
Monkey Comercial roms - Only 2 any on is realy intrested in
Zelda Ocarana Of Time
Mario 64

If you can get that going we all will be extreamly thankful

It will be a while before Zelda works but hopefuly mario64 will be up and running in a month or less. We just all will have to wait and see how rsp & rdp emulation goes.