wraggster
April 3rd, 2009, 14:34
Newly released:

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/8g/pa.152042.1.jpg

features
Six incredible SAMURAI SHODOWN games on one disc
SAMURAI SHODOWN 6 available for the first time in North America
Tons of unlockable bonus content material
Wireless Ad-Hoc 2-player support (PSP version)
Arcade perfect port of each title
Pick-up-and-play, non-stop action

description
The complete collection of the SAMURAI SHODOWN series, containing 6 games: Samurai Shodown, I, II, III, IV, V, and VI.

Celebrate the history of SAMURAI SHODOWN by battling as one of the greatest Samurai of all time. Six separate adventures that span across the life of the franchise in this incredible collection.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-b9-49-en-84-j-70-39be.html

Apoklepz
April 4th, 2009, 18:12
I bought the Japanese import of this game a few weeks back for a measly $25. Yes, not a bad game if you don't happen to benefit from homebrew like NJ's emulators...otherwise we already have all these games except SS6 on our PSP.

Also, if you're just going to buy this game because you are after SS6...DON'T. SNK made a very crappy compressed conversion of it that looks exactly like this:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g267/Apoklepz/snap0025.png

What more...you can't make it fullscreen/smartscreen like the other games offered in this collection....and the WORST thing about this SS6 port is that THE FATALITIES WERE REMOVED!!!! :P...So, that line in the advertising that says "Arcade Perfect Port of each title" is BULLSHIT.

The extra media is nothing but Art and Music from the games which you can simply find on the internet with the help of Google. Although they also failed greatly by not including the Music of SS6 in the Media Listening options....What the hell where they thinking????

I loved the Metal Slug Collection and the KOF Collection as well....but they really rushed this one out and totally ruined it.

DO NOT BUY THIS TITLE IF YOU ALREADY HAVE HOMEBREW THAT ENABLES PLAYING MOST OF THIS COLLECTION!!!!

...Just my two cents.

paladinja
April 6th, 2009, 22:31
*sigh*... I think the wedding singer put it best: "Once again, things that could've been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!"

Maaaaan, I JUST bought this YESTERDAY!! Frig! And, based on the more favorable PS2 reviews, I INTENTIONALLY paid FULL PRICE for it! (which I only do when I feel votes need to be cast to promote certain things, ie: every capcom game ever)

This morning I'm playing VI & I'm like, "damnthisblows"... I mean the load times are coma inducing... and really, you couldn't just extend the playfield?....really? I've got to "smart" (used loosely) stretch the whole thing? .... really.
And talk about slowdown, I haven't seen lag like that since "Fester's quest". Seriously folks, the SOUND doesn't even match up.
WTF, they should've just put NJ's emulator on a disk.

You know, I've got half a mind to write them a letter... great, now I've become my mother, thanks allot "PLAYLESS".

plop690
April 7th, 2009, 02:46
ive played this befr and did not like it

Qmark
April 7th, 2009, 03:29
Maaaaan, I JUST bought this YESTERDAY!! Frig! And, based on the more favorable PS2 reviews, I INTENTIONALLY paid FULL PRICE for it! Trade it in while you still can, before everyone else realizes it's a hackjob abortion and the trade-in value collapses.
Take it as a lesson learned, cut your losses, and pick up the vastly superior PS2 version ($15 on Amazon).

I'd make the guess now that PS2 is probably going to be the definitive version. I wouldn't expect much from the Wii port of SS6, although the NeoGeo emulation for 1-5 is probably going to be slightly better.