PDA

View Full Version : WiFiSniffer v0.2 Released

wraggster
February 27th, 2006, 01:56
Jean-Yves Lamoureux (http://jylam.info/psp/) has released a new version of his WiFiSniffer app for the PSP! WiFiSniffer allows you to detect and monitor the status of WiFi connections in your area.

Info:

WifiSniffer is a wardriving tool, or more generally a tool for PSP allowing you to discover WiFi networks coming through you PSP. It will run ONLY on 1.50 firmwares, for many reasons.

TODO:
Add strength of signals
Play sound when non-crypted network was found
Try to make a difference between WPA / WEP / WEP2 networks
More ...
Jean-Yves Lamoureux

Screenshots and Download via comments

bizarre
February 27th, 2006, 02:04
Sorry, but i dont know what is it, the file doesnt have any folders. sorry for my english and thanks

PD: The problem was resolved (Only extract the file named content)

quigs1337
February 27th, 2006, 02:43
Very nice, this will get alot more useful when you add the signal strength.

urherenow
February 27th, 2006, 04:24
and perhaps a way to break weak encryption by brute force? : )>

Crips
February 27th, 2006, 07:27
Friggin sweet! This is a very useful program. Can you use it to link to a network and run another program, such as a web browser? Just wondering.

x-zero
February 27th, 2006, 12:54
can some one tell me if i can use WiFiSniffer v0.2 with a 2.60 psp.just forget what i said its rigth on top.

MaxSMoke
February 28th, 2006, 00:43
I'd like to second the request for a Signal Strength meter.

Also, what about some kind of graphical interface that makes better use of the screen? That Access Point list shows each access point in just 1 line, but how often do you find more then 20 access points at one time? There's no reason to keep everything on one line. Use a 2nd line, or even a 3rd line, to list the information more clearly, and even give us that Signal Strength meter.

And, of course, the ability to automatically hand-off the info from a selected WIFI access point to the PSP's WiFi settings would be very helpful. That would allow people 1-button access to the Access Points they find so that they can quickly make use of that connection for games. (no web surfing without 2.0+ firmware support)

Of course, as it is, it's still a very useful and cool tool. I've been using it to check for channel interference with my own WiFi setup, so it's useful for more then just Wardriving. I think IT guys will be kissing your feet soon, as this program actually makes a PSP a legitimate tool for their business. Just imagine saying to your Boss that you need a PSP for your work... with a straight face! ;)

Voltron
February 28th, 2006, 04:52
I agree. This is definitely very nice. A Signal Strength meter and perhaps a more attractive way to display the info would be killer. Great work!

sroon
April 3rd, 2006, 20:58
It would be nice if it had to password to WEPs.

LeperMessiah
June 8th, 2006, 01:51
Anyone have any idea if this will be updated for 2.0+ users?

TrUeJaY
April 15th, 2007, 15:30
hey ... with this information, can i browse the net using the net?

Thanks

Lilstu20
May 19th, 2009, 16:57
Where do u stick this file in?

AdamRav
May 19th, 2009, 18:08

In the "GAME" folder

jamotto
May 19th, 2009, 21:42

GAME150