PDA

View Full Version : Age of the Beast From the Beats of Rage Creators

DCEmu_Newsposter
April 13th, 2004, 00:04
Heres news posted on the site from the creators of Beats of Rage:[br][br] Senile Team's new game will be a swords & sorcery game called Age of the Beast. It's still in an early developmental phase, but we can already tell you this: [br][br]- It will be based on an adaptation of the BoR engine [br]- It will not be backwards compatible with BoR [br]- It will support running, and many other new moves [br]- It will support animated backgrounds [br]- It will support 16-bit, 44100 KHz stereo sound (MP3) [br]- It will feature an all-new, original soundtrack (composed by Capcom Lord) [br]- It will feature all-new, original characters [br]- It will support 4 players [br][br]So what we can't tell you is when it'll be finished, but it will take a long time. The good news is that it will be worth the wait. [br][br]Goals[br]With Beats of Rage (BOR) Senile Team created one of the best, perhaps the best, homebrew game. Now we've taken on an even bigger challenge; making the best swords & sorcery game we can! [br][br]Only time will tell if we can manage to implement all our ideas. But whatever the exact outcome, it will be pretty cool indeed. [br][br]Platforms [br]BOR was released for pc, Dreamcast, PS2, xbox, and GP32 (and is currently being ported to Linux). We're aiming for a similarly universal release for Age of the Beast. When the game is close to release we will contact the porters, so everyone can enjoy Age of the Beast :) [br][br]How cool is that news :), lets hope they succeed and we see a Dreamcast port soon, check out the screenshots Here (http://www.segaforums.com/senileteam/screens.html)

LyonHrt
April 13th, 2004, 01:32
It does sound like a good game, also for the modding scene, they're aiming to have it even more customisable then the original bor.

Clessy
April 13th, 2004, 04:15
I'd pay for the game the graphics look so much more improved. Sucks for PS2 users how the game has 4 player support and the PS2 wont be able to use it :D

wraggster
April 13th, 2004, 04:19
I may get into this modding game myself if its easy enough, i wonder if anyones thought of modding tutorials for beats of rage?

LyonHrt
April 13th, 2004, 13:13
I think there are some, otherwise i'll have to write some :P