PDA

View Full Version : New Firmware 3.0 Screens ?

wraggster
February 27th, 2006, 16:34
Katjana (http://community.yourpsp.com/showthread.php?t=17676) a member of the official PSP community has released several new pictures of the Firmware 3.0 for the PSP. From whats shown it looks like Mail, Paint, Clock, Organiser, Writepad, PS3 hard disk menu and music store integration.

Tons of screenshots via comments

truth or not you decide ??

pkmusicmaker
February 27th, 2006, 16:43
This is the first firmware that's tempted me to upgrade, lol. (Keyword is tempted)

PS: Can't be real, it's too nice.

not here anymore
February 27th, 2006, 16:54
hmm font is weird, AlarmClock, Writepad, WTF..
New icons are bigger than previous ones and absolutely not matching the PSP style.
I call shens on this.
Later,

TSR

Moning2
February 27th, 2006, 17:01
so very fake :cool:

DraconumPB
February 27th, 2006, 17:41
also, web icon in xmb only has music store and not web browser??

Voltron
February 27th, 2006, 17:56
It would be cool to tie in with the PS3 Hard Drive. Ideally we could store all the homebrew we want on the PS3 HDD and wirelessly access it anytime while at home using the PSP. But what, if any homebrew will work with 3.0 Firmware remains to be seen.

MHB_1990
February 27th, 2006, 18:05
Ps3 Hard disk??

jaycee900
February 27th, 2006, 18:23
It all has a very fake look to it, though regarding the PS3 harddisk icon, i take it that would only appear if wifi turned on and near a ps3, otherwise whats the use of this with many people not using it, also i thought the PS3 doesnt have a harddisk as standard now, a bit like the PS2 then, if it isnt built in its not worth having!

F9zDark
February 27th, 2006, 18:41
also, web icon in xmb only has music store and not web browser??

The web-browser shortcut is above the world icon, since following the xmb's scrolling method, where icons move above their parent icons when you move further down the list. Look closely its there.

I am not too sure if its a fake. It looks very real and given that we have nearly cracked most of Sony's firmware updates in the past, I think it would be in their best interest to give us more tools to use to deter us from homebrew.

And quite frankly, for some applications, I would simply like Sony's method better. Open source has many problems with it, namely people starting and never finishing, hoping others will take the reigns. This leaves us with 5 or 6 programs that essentially do the same damn thing but are missing features here or missing features there.

Given that if this firmware is true, Sony's applications would probably function far better than any homebrew program of the same nature. I wouldn't upgrade to 3.0 if it becomes available, because I like ROTT-PSP and Quake-PSP much more than the need for office-type programs on the PSP.

I am not sure whether or not I think its real or fake.

grin.ch
February 27th, 2006, 19:04
I think it's real, yo. Who would go out of their way just make some stupid Paint Shop Pro pics or something? What rise would they get out of this? they won't really get a tangible reaction. The other thing is, I think they're getting ideas from the homebrew scene. they're cutting it off, then stealing ideas. PSPaint or LUA Alarm clock anyone?

Stew2000
February 27th, 2006, 19:18
They will probably charge us for the update.
Looks good though, but why the paint software?

psychadelicious
February 27th, 2006, 19:31
:mad: shit is weak

Apoklepz
February 27th, 2006, 19:40
I have to agree with the last angry post.When is sony going to learn they need to put up a homebrew icon in there. Sales will go up = Sony is happy = we will not have to curse at them anymore for stupid non-homebrew updates = we will also be happy = world peace? maybe?

NeoXCS
February 27th, 2006, 20:21
They will probably charge us for the update.

They would never charge for an update. They are trying to stop homebrew. Yeah it doesn't seem real to me but who knows. I still won't upgrade. Also if you notice the other icons from the other supposedly real 3.0 are gone. Just an observation.

gov1
February 27th, 2006, 20:37
id like to know what this symbol is aswell
_______
l__l__l__l
l__l__l__l
as its not selected on any of the screens. hmm... very fishy :(

Squidman
February 27th, 2006, 20:59
If u notice wen it shows the MAC address, version, and nickname. It shows the firmware version as "3.00-GOLD"

If this is real, they r totally stealing our homebrew...first the web browser, and possibly (with this) the paint and alarm clock.

The connect to PS3 Hard Disk thing wuld be pretty cool tho, they shuld it the supposidly PSP2.....

PSPh4ck3rCMD
February 27th, 2006, 21:46
looks real to me but im not upgrading because you can do 90% of that stuff with homebrew. nice try sony :D

PSPh4ck3rCMD
February 27th, 2006, 21:50
yeah that gold thing looks suspisiosus to me. what are they gonna do start chargin us for some sort of premium updates?!?! i for sure wont be upgrading for sure if thats true.

IndianCheese
February 27th, 2006, 22:04
Don't just say "omg these things are so friggin fake they think we'll believe this" without having proof. Well, they are fake, but I can prove it. I EXIFed the pictures and there is no camera data at all.

_______
l__l__l__l
l__l__l__l

If you go to PSPHacks.net, you can see that the boxy thing is a scheduler.

And one more thing...I saw someone post something like "They r cutting us off, then stealing our ideas!" Sony doesn't care about paint apps or alarm clock apps, etc. If possible, they would've blocked UMD Emulators and allowed these apps. Besides, I would rather have one made by Sony than a homebrew one. Seriously; if Sony created an update that has all of the features of all homebrew apps and a UMD with all homebrew games (improved, mind you), you would update. Right? You all just have the fear of never being able to go back. I would definately prefer an update that could do something better than a homebrew app that tries to do the same.

b8a
February 27th, 2006, 22:05
Who knows if this is real or not? The new icons certainly look out of place, but often times the appearance of things like that aren't finalized until the last minute anyway, so it doesn't nessecarily mean anything. Applications like these have already been in lower priced Sony cell phones for years, so instead of thinking of them as exciting new features, I think we should just regard this as Sony slowly letting the PSP live up to it's off-the-shelf potential (that is, if these shots are real). Sony's really showing us that the PSP is a constant work in progress. There's always more stuff to add to it. This is undoubtedly what they had in mind all along with the firmware update scheme.

That boxy icon in the applications bar... What do you think, a calendar app? Just a guess. But why would "console security" be under there??? That fits perfectly under settings.

Indian, my friend, that doesn't nessecarily mean a thing(!_!)

Zephyroth_drgs
February 27th, 2006, 22:17
write pad? did i miss something? i suposse that u need a keyboard or some other device... ure not going to write down a mail using the standar psp interface input... -_-!

Libernullmal
February 27th, 2006, 22:43
I want my keyboard. I think 3.0 needs something else....like sega channel only call it PSP Channel and it has games, and other things like that.. Yes and then you can put a easy speak app on it and use it like your phone... then next they can integrate it with my flux capacitor and we will never have to worry about zombified purple bunnies screwing our brains trying to make them eat there cereal..mmmm cereal...um I mean uh eggs and bacon.

SoQb0nc5r
February 28th, 2006, 00:01
_______
l__l__l__l
l__l__l__l

here is an image from pspcrazy.com:

http://pspcrazy.com/files/images/_dd__three.zero-6.jpg

Apparently its an organiser of some sort.

anyway, on thing i notices is that the image showin mac address is empty in this version of the image and looks obviously edited:
http://pspcrazy.com/files/images/_dd__three.zero-7.jpg

I am not convinced, not really by the above points, but also the idea of it.

crazy_biker420
February 28th, 2006, 00:56
this seems ok i wouldent upgrade

CoderX
February 28th, 2006, 01:09
3.0 Features
Paint - We have a nice Lua Paint app
Write - we have a homebrew one
Orgnizer - im prity sure one was made
Music Store - Who needs it :cool: (cheap rip of itunes)

My advice

If gta hack works on 3.0 and you have 2.5/2.6 then update to 3.0

if you have 2.01 Stick it out, there will be a downgrader

Below, Dont go past 2.0

Voltron
February 28th, 2006, 01:12
They can call it gold, silver, platinum, etc. etc. 3.0 firmware = 0.0 homebrew. I won't be upgrading unless Sony starts supporting and encouraging homebrew and I hope every PSP owner stops upgrading. Its not worth it.

If they are already working on a new iteration of the PSP, then I'll wait for that which will come with the latest firmware pre-installed. The current PSP doesn't stand to benefit from upgrading.

Koeun
February 28th, 2006, 02:34
these pictures are FAKE... compare the icons and fonts of the pictures to your psp. it will definitely tell that its fake. turn on your psp and go to a main icon "Network" or something. next to all the icons it has its name like "LocationFree Player" or something when an icon is selected, in the psp..the icons above the main icon should only show the icon without the name. in the fake photo where it shows you Music Store, above that is NETWORK then WWW, next to WWW it says Internet Broswer..when it shouldn't... and if you look at your psp clock it should say the TIME and PM or AM next to it, in these photos it just show the time in some funny font without AM or PM. And if you look closely at the battery icon in the fake photo....looking at the positive(left side of battery) side.. its much larger than the PSP's battery icon positive side...people should look closely at these pictures before thinking its real. when i glimpsed at these photos i thought they were real too. but if these photos are real then i would get excited =/ oh yeah, if you take a look at the Music icon in the psp it has more of a chubby look, in these photos its thin. also take a look at psp's video icon... the three blocks on the side of the big block has rounded edges. but in the fake picture, the video icon's blocks has straight edges. these pictures do not prove that its real, it proves that they're fake. on more thing! i was able to see these differences with my psp, at pspupdates.com you can enlarge the photos and i saved them to psp and zoomed in the pictures with my psp really close :D. the pics that claimed to be from CES looks fake also. some guy just photoshopd this or something, sony does not want to attract people with some gay apps, and releasing a writepad before keyboard is out?! :eek:

Chackan
February 28th, 2006, 03:39
Hummm, if Sony would put more PDA style apps, that would be nice no doubt. But I think that a smart move would be to allow homebrew programs to run freelly, just not the iso loaders (altought that would be kinda hard to control).

Hidavi
February 28th, 2006, 04:26
OMg, can we please stop with the fake shots? They suck and they are obviously fake. The Network icon doesn't show any browser above or below the "music store" subitem. Also, why would sony put, "Connect to Music Store" as opposed to, "Connect Music Store"? It doesn't make sense. After all, they put, "LocationFree Player" in the 2.5 menu, named right after the actual service.

nikerox99
February 28th, 2006, 04:56
I think it's real, yo. Who would go out of their way just make some stupid Paint Shop Pro pics or something? What rise would they get out of this? they won't really get a tangible reaction. The other thing is, I think they're getting ideas from the homebrew scene. they're cutting it off, then stealing ideas. PSPaint or LUA Alarm clock anyone?
I agree with you grinch, and also its a test firmware so it could have been changed to see what looks good and dat. But the ps3 icon should be diff, the 3 looks too far away from the PS...... I dunno, but i hope it is real.

Voltron
February 28th, 2006, 05:09
Well the "Connect" download service is supposedly starting in a few weeks or less. It will likely offer music, games (Sony homebrew), and video's for sale. The ability to connect through wifi directly with the PSP is pretty cool. You can't connect to iTunes with the iPod. You have to sync it up constantly with your PC or MAC.

shrimpidy
February 28th, 2006, 10:50
I don't think it has any hope of becoming the next "good" firmware upgrade. but the paint and alarm clock would do me well.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
February 28th, 2006, 19:44
mm looks dodgy but if you can browse you PS3 hard drive it may be able to be exploited to browse your PC HDD and maybe allow you to stream ISOs from your pc an idea for the next UMD or ISO loader ??? :>

Emeriastone
February 28th, 2006, 22:16
Am I going to have to get a Sonymail adress, or can I use my gmail (rhetorical question)?

ngin.small
February 28th, 2006, 23:57
its fake i think this because on the picture with the internet symbol its missing those two other application TV and that other thing in 2.6 PSPs in these pictures it just has the internet and that sony musci store.

Hidavi
March 1st, 2006, 00:04
its fake i think this because on the picture with the internet symbol its missing those two other application TV and that other thing in 2.6 PSPs in these pictures it just has the internet and that sony musci store.

if you go to www.pspupdates.com you can see the enlarged pics. The WWW icon is there. The LocationFree is not visible because it is always at the top of the llst.

F9zDark
March 1st, 2006, 01:33
Before you all go claiming that its fake, think of what Sony just did to Logic3. And I will tell you right now, that keyboard has been in development for at least 9 months and now, all of a sudden it got its plug pulled?

Sony is up to something big and I think 3.0 is it. It contains all the apps that the PSP was rumored to come with almost a year ago (anyone recall the FAKE update, that bricked NUMEROUS PSPs or was that before your time? Yeah it stated all of the programs found on this supposed 3.0 update).

Personally, I believe this upgrade is real. No one could have possibly planned to make fake 3.0 upgrade pictures a day before Logic3 got turned down by Sony to release the keyboard. That in itself proves the update. Because when I think about it, all of those apps would benefit highly with a Sony made PSP-Keyboard.

Hidavi
March 1st, 2006, 04:41
Before you all go claiming that its fake, think of what Sony just did to Logic3. And I will tell you right now, that keyboard has been in development for at least 9 months and now, all of a sudden it got its plug pulled?

Sony is up to something big and I think 3.0 is it. It contains all the apps that the PSP was rumored to come with almost a year ago (anyone recall the FAKE update, that bricked NUMEROUS PSPs or was that before your time? Yeah it stated all of the programs found on this supposed 3.0 update).

Personally, I believe this upgrade is real. No one could have possibly planned to make fake 3.0 upgrade pictures a day before Logic3 got turned down by Sony to release the keyboard. That in itself proves the update. Because when I think about it, all of those apps would benefit highly with a Sony made PSP-Keyboard.

Logic3 killed the keyboard for unknown reasons. This doesn't prove much at all.

Squidman
March 19th, 2006, 03:16
There is not evn the slightest reflection of the person taking the photo, nor is there a flash (which most people forget to turn off and say "screw it" afterwords).

THE_SANE_DUDE
March 19th, 2006, 06:50
I personally think it's real.

I'd upgrade 'cause i asked in another thread if ther'd be a 2.01 downgrader and everyone was saying never which gave me the idea to upgrade :rolleyes: (and i did to 2.60 and am planning on getting a LocationFree Base Station [Going halves with a mate hopefully :) ] to use) now theres going a downgrader made (in one of the previous replies :mad: ) so i just decided to keep upgrading as everyone thinks ther'll NEVER be a downgrader from 2.50+. Any1 with the same prob :o .

I was reading another site b4 and it said Logic3's keyboard was dumped 'cause sony wouldn't give logic3 enough specifications or something (dum sony :( )

dtale15
April 24th, 2006, 21:37
im profecient in photoshop and just by looking at the photo i can instantly point out the shadows and figures in the reflection on the screen on the psp screen

to do this you must either be a professional or you must work for sony meaning this is real.

thanks for the screenshots bro

Hidavi
April 24th, 2006, 23:12
Before I say anything, let me say this new design is beautiful here @ DCEMU. Nice job.

Anyways, my friend said he heard it would be out in May (the firmware).