PDA

View Full Version : If you only take away one message from watching the movie watchmen..

lmtlmt
April 6th, 2009, 12:34
It would have to be that Dr. Manhattan so obviously trims his bikini line.

But seriously what is up with him being naked all the time! In some scenes he's wearing his black speedo and in others he's just going commando for no obvious reason! I'm surprised he didnt turn up in the buff for the funeral..

Anyway thats my tiny rant, good day

lmtlmt

beetroot bertie
April 7th, 2009, 22:30
Apparently the artist of the graphic novel downplayed the size of his todger to prevent readers from initially noticing it.

I think he "covers up" when he's out in public, but all the naked scenes are when he's having private conversations and so on.

Did you enjoy the film? I thought it was excellent and within reason very faithful to the source material. I read the graphic novel about 10 years ago and seeing the film has encouraged me to give it another go and appreciate it all over again.

quzar
April 7th, 2009, 23:12
His penis was actually the source of a lot of gripes from fans of the series. In the comic it's depicted in a sort of 'classical'/greco-roman way, just a little squiggle. Think 'David'. In the movie however it borders on obscene (I really don't understand how that didn't merit censorship).

But yea, once you exist almost outside of reality, as a god amongst men, clothing becomes low-priority.

VampDude
April 16th, 2009, 02:28
I went to see Watchmen last month, which I can't say I noticed anything about Dr.Manhattan except the fact he was blue and naked which to me seemed weird.

Sleeping through most of this awful movie was the best thing I did, although I wokeup which I had no understanding for the movie and my girlfriend was fast asleep leaving me in a very uncomfortable position.

I must see this movie again (to gain understanding), but I'm not paying another £13.80 (robbery).

beetroot bertie
April 18th, 2009, 12:06
I'd just get the graphic novel and read that instead.

Admittedly, buying it will cost almost as much but if you can borrow it or get it from your local library (some have quite a good selection of graphic novels - I managed to borrow all of the Sandman books some years ago) then it's worth it (in my opinion anyway).