PDA

View Full Version : MegaMan Maverick Hunter X review

Kaiser
February 27th, 2006, 23:42
Cross from our forums has posted a great review of the game MegaMan Maverick Hunter X.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7076/megamanmavhunterxpspboxboxart1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Here is a quick sample.

Now as far as the basic Disc. goes. This is a remake of the original MegaMan X but they did a hell of a god job. The game looks more like the PS2 MegaMan X Series, but not completely. They added some good elements, changed locations and the order in which you get power ups as well as adding more things to the series.

First this marks the return to Anime Cut Scenes (Excluding MegaMan X Command Mission and I have been lazy about MegaMan X7 and 8 as I just do not like my PS2... or the new setup for the games). The scenes have been done excellently and a bonus film is inluded after you beat the game with X. This film seems to pick up where MegaMan X 4 left us after the battle Sigma and Zero flash Back. The video gives a history basically of how the rebellion started and its done very well. I do like that MegaMan does not sound so.... girly but he does seem to be shouting all the time.

Now as far as differences the graphics is a huge change but also the Power up locations has changed. They are in the same stages but not the same power ups. I will leave it at that as that was part of the fun for me. All heart locations and Sub tanks were the same for X.

But the real treat was some of the hidden goodies. For X you can get Zero's Buster. I do not remember being able to do this in the original. (I used to pride myself on being able to get through the original in about 1.5 hours max... now I want to go see if maybe I missed this or not ) I will not say how but you can find out on the net if you want to. Also the big battle with Vile, Zero and X is not the first Sigma Stage but now the third. It also seems different completely (The whole battle setup) Zero was found in a capsule being held prisioner now he is beaten on the ground... I will not give any more away.

For the full review check out this forum topic-->http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89666#post89666
We need your reviews! Write one up or look through some of our other reviews in this forum-->http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Voltron
February 28th, 2006, 04:45
Nice! I can't wait to get this one.

shiftybill
February 28th, 2006, 10:15
its a very sweet game

pepegomez
February 28th, 2006, 19:56
sry to disappoint u but this game sux. i knew all of the gb games and i can say that this game has no real connection to them. even the gba version were better, i awaited more, cuz its just like a side scroling shooter with jumping and running and additionally its pretty hard...but one things better, its the grafic :D

but if ur a hardcore megamn fan u gonna have to get this game!!!

Kaiser
March 1st, 2006, 00:01
I disagree. The original Mega Man X was arguabley the best Mega Man ever. So I doubt the remake can be that bad. What GBA games are you referring to anyway?

BrokenWing
March 1st, 2006, 14:09
I also disagree with you pepegomez. It is a nice remake with decent voice-acting, good graphics, and new cutscenes.

And playing as Vile rocks, I didn't realize this at first but I have 40+ eapons unlocked from beating bosses with him. He has a very good variety and I like the fact that you choose your arsenal for different stages. Adds a bit of strategy to the game, My favorite would have th be the homing rocket punch or big boy >_< lol

pepegomez
March 1st, 2006, 14:13
i meantioned about megaman battle network blue or red. there were plenty of them for the gba. they were a mix of action and roleplaying.

Cap'n 1time
March 1st, 2006, 14:32
pepe.. your just mixing the wrong games.

The Megaman series for NES, the GB series (though it could be argued about the X-treme series), the Battle Network Series, and only somewhat the Zero Series can be related to the X series.

I am a megaman nut so dont call me names ;)

The X series takes place 100 years after the original Megaman Series (GB and NES) and 100 years before the Zero series. The BN series is just a werid spin off capcom did and shouldnt even be mentioned in the story the Megaman games. Same goes for Legends.

Now I have owned about every Nintendo Megaman Game and most of the psx series as well. Megaman 1-6 on nes; 7, x1 and x3 on SNES; 1-4 and x1 on GB; Z1-3 and BN 1 on GBA; x4 and x6 and Legends1 on PSX; I imported Rockman Battle on NGP; The collection on GC, and im thinking about buying the X collection too.

Anyway.. having played these games since... before I can even remember.. I have to say the X series fits right in.

pepegomez
March 1st, 2006, 17:00
well, i dont know much about the story but the tv episodes which ig uess dosent have anything to do with the game *g* but i liked the GB version really much. sry for mixing them ^^