PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix: FFXIII Needs Ten Times The Success Of Smaller Titles

wraggster
April 7th, 2009, 10:16
Eagerly awaited multi-platform title Final Fantasy XIII has been five years in the making. Five years is a long time and not cheap. The pressure must be tremendous.

"You're right there is an unusual sort of pressure on Final Fantasy XIII," the game's producer Yoshinori Kitase tells EDGE magazine. "I'd say we need this game to have ten times the success of these smaller titles."

Ten? Doesn't Kitase mean THIRTEEN TIMES THE SUCCESS?! Continuing, he adds, "But I don't think that means we've compromised in terms of the game design or creativity in any way. Indeed, the development of the game has very much followed in the tradition of the previous titles in the series, welcoming input from the full range of development staff."

http://kotaku.com/5201245/square-enix-ffxiii-needs-ten-times-the-success-of-smaller-titles

jarshale
April 9th, 2009, 03:56
i really hope this works out. the last 3 were terrible. x-2,11, and 12. and 5 years in the making? this has got to be a godly game

Shadowblind
April 9th, 2009, 21:39
The average GOOD title sells around 500,000-1million copies.

Selling 5 million won't be a problem for a main Final Fantasy game, but selling 10million, even multiplat would prove difficult. I could see around 8 mill; 5 mill PS3, 3 mil Xbox 360.