PDA

View Full Version : I found a vid

IndianCheese
February 28th, 2006, 02:47
I was just looking around on the internet for PSP videos and found this really odd video. It doesn't look faked, either. I don't see any jump cuts. I wouldn't consider it to be anything we could use though.

http://media.putfile.com/psp-all-firmware-HACK

If you notice, when he goes into the video section, for a split second there are two video files, then 1 disappears and the other displays its info. I find this VERY interesting...he states at the end that he is going to show the hidden files that make it work, but it freezes up and he just gets lazy and doesn't decide to redo it.

cloud_952
February 28th, 2006, 06:03
Hoax.

It would take him quite awhile to do the post-editing, with all the cuts, inserting text, etc. At least 10+ minutes, quick estimate. That means that the text was added after the video shot. Which means that he knew that, when writing that he'd show you the hidden files, that the video doesn't show it. Which means he never intended to show you.

I'd also like to point out one interesting fact: he never, ever shows his left thumb until after the PSP locks up. Which means that you can't confirm that he's actually moving the menus around. All you know is that he's pressing the face buttons. You see it from the side of the screen, but you cannot see the directional pad. o_O A tad strange.

However, no obvious cuts, no reason to believe that what's happening on the PSP isn't true. Alas, it is a hoax in one way or another. Either the author never intended to tell you, or there's nothing to be told.

ryan2006
February 28th, 2006, 20:00
hmmmm wat wood this lead to all psps able to boot homebrew through the psp menu?

PS indian cheese for moderator!!!! :P

IndianCheese
March 1st, 2006, 01:42
PS indian cheese for moderator!!!! :P

Heh, while it would be great, I assume that alot of people haven't noticed that I have just been trying to get laughs out of people by writing stuff like "can i plz be a mod now thx bye". I don't like the nasty remarks being made about how I am "just saying this or that to be a mod". I was just being funny.