PDA

View Full Version : 5.03 TDP-3 Custom Firmware

wraggster
April 8th, 2009, 21:15
The TodoPSP Team (http://tdpteam.wordpress.com/2009/04/04/day-of-releases-503-tdp-3-which-includes-tdpdevkit-pc-tool/) have released a new custom firmware for the PSP, personally ill stick to the M33 Firmwares but for those interested heres the details:

INSTRUCTIONS

######################### ##
## UPDATE #################
######################### #

- Copy UPDATE to \PSP\GAME.
- If you are about to update your 5.03 TDP-1 or TDP-2 to 5.03 TDP-3, just run the updater. BUT if you are about to update your firmware lower than 5.03 to 5.03 TDP-3, download the official Sony eboot 5.03 and put it in \PSP\GAME\UPDATE renamed as 503.PBP . Then , run the updater.

FEATURES

· The full updater can do now, also, the low updater function.
· TDP 'Recovery' is installed in seplugins. You can launch it, using M33's vsh menu.
· You can launch 5.00 M33 apps as Irshell (apps that don't work over 5.03 TDP) patching this apps previously with tdpDevkit.exe .

######################### ##
## tdpDevkit ################
######################### #
It's a new pc tool. Usefull if you want run some apps : apps working with 5.00 M33 , but not with 5.03 TDP.
This tool modifies the files and allows you to enjoy some of this apps using 5.03 TDP.
Any suggestion can be written in our blog.

For example, if you want try IRSHELL with 5.03 TDP, download the latest irshell that runs with 5.00 M33, and install it in your psp.
After that, run tdpDevkit.exe and write X:/IRSHELL/BIN (where X is the psp unit letter).

CREDITS
- Dark_AleX -
- HellDashX/Miriam -

Download Here --> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8L8XRF2E

apex05
April 9th, 2009, 00:52
Seems a bit of an effort to have to patch apps when they run perfectly well on 5.00 M33 and i'm not gonna be one of these people who blindly updates just to have the latest, so i'll leave this one.

fpcreator2000
April 9th, 2009, 03:35
I personally upgraded to 5.02 GEN and it works great. What I haven't been able to get to work are PS1 isos (neither in 5.00 M33), and the latest IRShell crashed on me, but I deleted a file I thought I did not need so I cannot verify whether IRShell works on 5.02 GEN or not, but I am satisfied with 5.02 GEN.

AdamRav
April 9th, 2009, 13:29
Its always good to see more psp coders on the scene

i'll stick with M33 atm though

tachyon
April 12th, 2009, 00:30
Nice work! Seems to support homebrew and PSP iso (or at least Luminies 2...). For PS1 isos, pops is needed just like m33. As far as patching apps with tdpDevkit.exe, this seems to be irshell specific? I'm not sure, looking at irshell now which I wish I messed with before today.

Thanks!

NoQuarter
April 12th, 2009, 02:25
What does this offer that M33 does not?