PDA

View Full Version : Tecmo: ‘Fatal Frame IV’ Not Coming Out In U.S. Because of Nintendo

wraggster
April 9th, 2009, 12:04
Last week I reported that Nintendo of America is not publishing “Fatal Frame IV” in the U.S. Gaming website IGN followed up by asking a spokesperson for the longtime “Fatal Frame” developer Tecmo if that company will be publishing the game. The response IGN got from Tecmo:
“Nintendo holds the publishing rights to ‘Fatal Frame Wii,’ which was developed by Tecmo LTD. and Grasshopper Manufacture and released in Japan on July 31, 2008. Nintendo of America has since then decided not to publish the title in North America – consequently, the title will not be released in this territory. As the owner of the IP, Tecmo feels very unfortunate that the fans of the series in North America will not have a chance to play the game, but respects the final decision made by Nintendo of America.”
Sorry “Fatal Frame,” fans. That’s not very encouraging.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/04/08/tecmo-fatal-frame-iv-not-coming-out-in-us-because-of-nintendo/

vatomalo
April 10th, 2009, 02:15
maybe nintendo has planned to sell a survival horror game in the line of fatal frame for wii made by their own studios?

Shadowblind
April 10th, 2009, 18:11
I have to agree with Ninty on this; if they were to release this game in America then think of the bashing they'd get. They got wailed on by the media and their new following of soccer moms and grandmas for even LETTING Madworld be published on their system.

I really would love to play a genuinely scary game now, though, but NOA has to choose between its old fans and its new fans.

grossaffe
April 11th, 2009, 04:19
I have to agree with Ninty on this; if they were to release this game in America then think of the bashing they'd get. They got wailed on by the media and their new following of soccer moms and grandmas for even LETTING Madworld be published on their system.

I really would love to play a genuinely scary game now, though, but NOA has to choose between its old fans and its new fans.

Nintendo essentially told those soccer moms to take a hike and said the Wii is for EVERYBODY, and not just kids. I seriously doubt soccer moms would stop them from publishing Fatal Frame.

Shadowblind
April 11th, 2009, 18:36
Nintendo essentially told those soccer moms to take a hike and said the Wii is for EVERYBODY, and not just kids. I seriously doubt soccer moms would stop them from publishing Fatal Frame.

When?