PDA

View Full Version : Konami ships PSP pair

wraggster
March 1st, 2006, 18:31
Source Gamespot: (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6145086.html)

Ys: The Ark of Napishtim and Street Supremacy now shipping to stores around the country.
Konami is bolstering the PlayStation Portable catalog today with a pair of new offerings. The publisher has announced that it shipped the head-to-head racer Street Supremacy and the action role-playing game Ys: The Ark of Napishtim to stores nationwide.

The latest edition of the Tokyo Highway Battle series, Street Supremacy lets gamers try to become king of the road through various game modes, including a team battle mode in which rival crews claim turf through winning races or sending opponents into walls. The game features licensed cars from manufacturers such as Nissan, Mitsubishi, and Subaru, as well as the ability to modify rides with paint jobs, spoilers, exhausts, and other new parts.

Meanwhile, The Ark of Napishtim, a PSP port of the PlayStation 2 role-playing game of the same name, follows the exploits of redheaded hero Adol Christin. When Adol is swept up in the Great Vortex and dropped off on an unknown series of islands surrounded by mysterious whirlpools, he must fight his way back home. Besides shrinking the adventure down for the small screen, the PSP version also sports a number of exclusive features, including minigames, a character profile database, and a media player.

Voltron
March 1st, 2006, 18:57
YAY! - Ys: The Ark of Napishtim is finally here! Can't wait to get it.

geise69
March 2nd, 2006, 02:42
Yes! I just bought it today! I'm still just staring at the box though since I'm still on 1.5. I really can't believe I'm tempted to update. I never thought I would even contemplate updating, but Ys has been one of my favorite rpg's since my good ol days with my turbo cd/duo. I do know that once I update there's going to be a way to play 2.5 umd games on the psp. I've even thought of getting the lovely GP2X instead for emulation rather than buying a 2nd psp. Decisions, decisions, decisions. If anyone does have a 2.5 firmware psp you really should at least try this game out. It's so beautiful. Even with me owning the PC version of this game it's still beautiful on the psp.

Voltron
March 2nd, 2006, 15:14
Yes! I just bought it today! I'm still just staring at the box though since I'm still on 1.5.

So there is NO WAY to play this on 1.5 even with the version tricker, UMD Loader, Firmware launcher, etc. etc?

The new Mega Man requires 2.5 but I think it works on 1.5 with the new tool from MPH.

geise69
March 2nd, 2006, 19:09
There is no way playing it straight off of a UMD disc. I might try dumping it and seeing if it works with a *shrugs* loader but I just hate messing with games that way. It's just very annoying even though it is not that hard to do. It's just so much better just being able to use the UMD. (especially if you bought the game) Also if there is a way to get it to run it's not going to be able to save.