PDA

View Full Version : Do You Buy Used Games?

wraggster
April 11th, 2009, 20:36
Here's how it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, reader person.

You probably know oodles about us - more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob - and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban ya. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion.

So, our question is:

Do you buy used games?

http://kotaku.com/5207517/do-you-buy-used-games

apex05
April 11th, 2009, 21:43
I'd never buy a new car so why would i buy a new game. The game industry's growing while we in the middle of a recession, and second hand sales have never been stronger, so why would i throw my money away when i can get a 6 month guarantee on the used games i buy.

gumgod
April 11th, 2009, 22:14
I never have the newest system so it's often the only way I can find the games that I want. So the answer is YES I do buy used games.

tutting
April 11th, 2009, 22:25
I do buy some games on release, but I also buy them pre-owned too, why wouldn't you? £40-£45 pounds a time is a lot of money!

bumfacekilla
April 11th, 2009, 22:27
Yeah of course, I don't know many gamers that don't. It only really seems to be the casual "Wii Fit" and "Brain Training" type users that insist on buying new.

that1guywiththeface
April 12th, 2009, 00:09
I only buy games used when they are so old that they become difficult to find new, like vintage games, or early last-gen PS2 games.

HI-Saturn
April 12th, 2009, 01:51
Me too I only buy used or unless there $19.99 or less new.

NoQuarter
April 12th, 2009, 02:24
I buy new and used, it all depends on how soon after launch I want the game. I bought LBP new.

osgeld
April 12th, 2009, 02:32
i have an xbox classic, so no choice

i also have a psp, and, lol yea, im going to pay 30+ bucks for some crap that will be 14.99 (or less) in a week

im a gamer, not retarded

HardHat
April 12th, 2009, 04:54
For every game that I want, I decide on a price. If I want it enough, I buy it new. Otherwise used games are just the thing to meet that price. It just makes sense to me.

darkriku2000
April 12th, 2009, 05:22
lol at the first post on kotaku

fpcreator2000
April 12th, 2009, 05:27
New and used. Depends on the game itself. I own a xbob360 so half the time new (when call of duty: mordern warfare 2 is released, it's getting bought). I picked up a ps2 a few weeks back so I have to buy most of my game used. I also own a Saturn, a Dreamcast, a PSP, a DS, and will order a Neogeo Pocket soon as I've just received a NGPC->DC link cable. Except for the PSP, and DS, I have no choice but to buy used because most of of the systems I've listed are no longer being developed for.

mike_jmg
April 12th, 2009, 05:28
Only when the price is right
Cause I know many a**holes, who wanted to sell them like they were new

jamotto
April 12th, 2009, 05:52
Usually buy bargain bin titles that are new if I can't find them there then I buy used.

rocky5
April 12th, 2009, 10:28
360 = New games always the odd second hand one
PS3 = Second Hand unless there is a must have title but there isn't so second hand for me.
PC = Steam or torrents if i want to try a new game but i don't play PC games now.

but the price has to be right like stated before gamestation and game are bloody bad for selling a second hand game for £35 when the new version is £40 how can they justify that they only give you £20 or £25 for it and sell it at a huge profit tossers.

ojdon
April 12th, 2009, 14:57
I don't care if it's used or new, I just go for the best price. I mean I got Call of Duty 4 for £20 when usually it's £30-£40 still in the shops. I mean if a game has came out recently, I always get the new game since there is sometimes not that much of a difference in price.

Although, when it comes to new PC games I tend to get them off Steam since they always have the best deals on game, in my opinion.

yakumo
April 13th, 2009, 10:42
No, I don't. I really prefer wait the price to drop to get the game. But when it comes to special editions that interest me, then I don't wait because I know they will disappear, with some exception like Bioshock Metal Box, that dropped to 20 euro and still was available for shopping. Anyway, Bioshock was a present from my brother, so I don't mind.

ish420ism
April 14th, 2009, 05:47
yes