PDA

View Full Version : Weird unhackable GOW PSP

mike_jmg
April 12th, 2009, 05:50
A friend of mine came to my house today with his sister's husband, he asked me to put CFW on his PSP.

It was a red GOW PSP, but it was really weird cause it didn't have the face of Kratos on the battery cover. He said he bought it as a GOW bundle, he has the GOW umd and everything.

Model was 2010, don't know the letter on the box or anything. When I tried to use pandora and my magic memory stick the thing would only show the green power light on and do nothing else. I tried them then on my CFW GOW PSP and they worked fine.

I just thought this was really weird, this was my first encounter with an unhackable PSP and also a GOW PSP with a plain red battery cover.

What do you guys think?

FearEffect
April 12th, 2009, 19:30
I think it's not a GOW PSP. There is a Deep Red version of the PSP 2000. He probably got that one.
I have never heard of a PSP2010. But I have just read that it's a spanish PSP.
The PSP probably have a TA-088v3 motherboard.

darkriku2000
April 13th, 2009, 02:29
Yeah, I agree with the user above, it sounds like that your friend (or your friends brother in law, I'm not entirely sure who you where referring to) got gypt, if I where him, I'd go and demand a replacement from whomever he bought it, it sounds like he just gave him a plain red psp

He wouldn't even have to mention homebrew, he could just say "I didn't get what I paid for"

mike_jmg
April 13th, 2009, 19:49
haha yes, my friends brother in law (sorry I need a bit more vocabulary, I didn't know how to write that LOL)

it's weird that the thing is plain red, he could make an argument just based on that, and yeah I think 2010 is like the region code for Mexico

Mine is 2001 cause a friend of mine brought it to me from the US