PDA

View Full Version : 5.03 TIFF Hello World

tinman
April 12th, 2009, 06:39
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6145/tiffb.jpg

MaTiAz (http://forums.mformature.net/showthread.php?p=38176) has done it again. The PSP scene has a new exploit. It is only for Fat PSP's as of now, but a Slim version is on the way. Homebrew for the 3000? We will have to wait. MaTiAz says:
"I'll just quote the readme:

Hello World for PSP firmware 5.03

The days of TIFF based exploits aren't long gone, at least not yet
Here's the third TIFF exploit for the PSP, enjoy.

Just copy the files to the memory stick root, disconnect USB and go to photo menu.
Don't dismiss the exploit even if it doesn't work on the first time, it's *very* unstable.
You might get it working on the first time, but you might as well have to try it 20 times!

The h.bin is loaded to 0x08800000, and the text address of paf.prx is passed in $a0 to the
binary code. You can then trick out function imports, like for example sceDisplayWaitVblankStart:

sceDisplayWaitVblankStart = (void*)(paf_addr+0x15F068);

This release works _only_ on fat PSPs. The slim version will come out later.

I'm not gonna include a list of credits here, I'll just forget some important names and then
I'll be screwed :P The people who need to be credited will know it anyway.

Have fun!

P.S. Just wait a few days, there's a bit of awesomeness coming up.

- MaTiAz"

Edit:

Here is the correct h.bin. An understandable mistake. MaTiAz quoted:

"Yeah, the release was messed, I put the wrong h.bin there. It's fixed now, redownload it http://forums.mformature.net/images/smilies/modern/001_smile.png Thanks for pointing it out."
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

birgeer
April 12th, 2009, 17:44
when i tried this on my psp 3000 (5.02) it crashed my psp 3000 too, when i opened the image:D

osgeld
April 12th, 2009, 18:15
interesting

tinman
April 12th, 2009, 19:41
Crashing a PSP and getting "hello world" to run is not the same ;)

Sorry for the poor image, the text says:

Hello World for PSP firmware 5.03
Running via The Easter Eggsploit. :)

Exploit by MaTiAz

Greets to everyone who deserves it.
You know who you are =:D

Also hi Sony :D

For the best results:

You need a Fat PSP.
Reset defaults.
Go to Photo.
Wait for the "Options /\" to show.
Press x/o (depending on region)

zx-81
April 12th, 2009, 21:58
very good news, i hope we could have a loader or a downgrader soon for psp 3000 :)

Paris/Tokyo
April 12th, 2009, 22:15
Better yet, I hope this exploit (or any other) flies over the head of Sony, if a PSP redesign is indeed coming out this year as rumored.

tutting
April 12th, 2009, 22:19
Good news for those who have a slim and can't yet run the wealth of great homebrew we have on the phat.
It will soon be here :-)

apex05
April 13th, 2009, 01:14
Hmm... What could this awsomeness he's saying be? I mean this is interesting but i just couldn't get myself excited.

mike_jmg
April 13th, 2009, 01:28
I know I said I'm against the 3000 being hacked

but this is really cool, made me remember the old Tiff exploit, that was how I downgraded my first PSP to 1.50 back in the day

osgeld
April 13th, 2009, 02:08
Hmm... What could this awsomeness he's saying be? I mean this is interesting but i just couldn't get myself excited.

yea i cant get too excited either, but there is some possibilities there

i am also in the camp of not really wanting a 3k exploit, if this works fine (and atm it doesnt) but more i would rather stop telling fresh faces to go out and hand datel more money for tool batteries

pab
April 13th, 2009, 12:24
I've got all the requirements, but it stuill just crashes.....

Nikolaos
April 13th, 2009, 17:49
The PSP scene has been really quiet lately, I have a PSP Slim with a cursed motherboard and another with the latest CFW from DaX. Hopefully this TIFF exploit will turn into somthing much bigger. These guys don't mess around with videos that are most likely fake and just get peoples hopes up. They cut right to the chase, no bull shit, an actual release for you to test. I am predicting a high outcome from this breakthrough!

@ pab

He states the release is really unstable.. a number of factors can be the reason why it doesn't work for you..

kyyubidx
April 14th, 2009, 13:53
It is official:

Thanks to a youtube video post by Davey (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV21QqQmX_o) this exploit is confirmed to reach Kernel mode... Strangely enough, it does NOT on 3k PSP's yet... 3k continues to be the rubik's cube of the PSP Scene

Qmark
April 14th, 2009, 17:44
Could be that there isn't a kernal mode at all on 3K, but instead some sort of hardware virtualiztion going on.

kyyubidx
April 14th, 2009, 18:10
No... What I meant was that the "Easter Eggsploit" does not work on 3k's yet... Only PSP Model 1000 and 2000 (TA-088v3 users rejoice!)... But there has been hints that they are working on the 3k version of the exploit

EDIT: It was also confirmed that both the GS Exploit and this one work on "hidden" firmware 5.05

Qmark
April 14th, 2009, 18:15
So it's 3k's goofy display then?

kyyubidx
April 14th, 2009, 18:59
My guess is that the 3k is going to take longer... MUCH longer...

mike_jmg
April 14th, 2009, 19:50
Great news for Slim TA-088v3 users

bish
April 14th, 2009, 21:34
just tried the new release (other thread) on my psp3000 (OFW 5.00) and it displays (corrupted) text in the right place-it's a start!:)

kadamantium
April 18th, 2009, 05:07
This does work on psp-3000's I have a psp-3001 with ofw 5.03, what you need to do is load 6 images in your photo folder along with the tiff file and have the h.bin in the root, I scroll all the way to the bottom which is where my tiff file is located and it works 7 out of 10 times in displaying the words
"Hello World for PSP firmware 5.03
Running via The Easter Eggsploit. :)

Exploit by MaTiAz

Thanks to malloxis, FreePlay, Archaemic, wololo,
Cloudy, Davee and everyone else who was involved.

Also hi Sony :D"

also restore you settings under system settings that works sometimes as well.