PDA

View Full Version : A Problem NO PSP Hacker can solve

xCameronxR
April 13th, 2009, 17:22
Okay, I have a serious problem on my hands.

A FULLY Bricked PSP WITH Magic Memory stick AND Pandora battery.

I have a PSP phat.
I went through Making a Pandora battery.

Then i made the Magic Memory stick.

Gradually, i updated to CFW 5.00 M33-6

I had 3 emulators with games, psp aricrack test, PSPtube, Opera Mini, Etc.

I was on my way to cincinnati and i turned it on and tried to start an emulator. The psp froze up (like it does sometimes) and shut off.
I was used to this and knew i needed a charger so i could plug the psp into the charger without the pandora in and go to recovery mode to run my psp again.
So i got to cinci and was busy so i didnt worry about it. But when i got home, i plugged my psp into the charger like always and it was BRICKED!!!

So i put in my pandora battery and tried to install CFW 3.71 again but it stops when it gets to "Formatting flash0" (meaning it wont install CFW 3.71.

I have NO PSP access so using my USB cable is of no use.

I currently do not have access to another PSP to format the Memory Stick all over again.

ALSO (Very Important), I CANNOT access recovery mode. I've tried turning off the psp by holding the swith up for 3-5 seconds and turning it back on holding the R trigger. Ive tried taking out the battery, ive tried taking out the memory stick, ive tried taking out both. I CANNOT access recovery mode at all. So formatting the flash isnt an option as of now either.

Can someone help me with this situation?
It would be nice to put it in lamens terms. But answer it how you will, if you choose to answer this question.

Aslak1
May 5th, 2009, 13:59
Hey, I'm very sorry, I can't help you, but I do have the same problem. I tried to update from 3.71 M33 to 5.00 M33, but Hellcat's Recovery Flasher told me it couldn't read the EBOOT or something. If someone knows how to fix this I'd be incredibly happy!

Saracchini
May 5th, 2009, 16:29
You have flash0 partition corrupted, so no installer will work with you. You need use the latest Despertar Cementério from DAX to format the NAND partitions and install Custom Firmware. Unless your NAND is heavily damaged, i think that it will solve your problem.

Firmware 3.71 M33 was the "best" one to corrupt the flash0 and 1for me. The damn thing kept corrupting flash1 without aparent reasons .

0m3GA ARS3NAL
June 15th, 2009, 03:53
This is how I did it, worked like a charm.
Insert Magic Mem Stick into PSP
Insert Pandora Bat. Into PSP and hold the L button.
L BUTTON, not R, R is for Recovery, L is Force Pandora Menu.
Then just continue Pandora menu like you normally would, I did the same exact thing to my Phat a year ago, and I could have fixed it a year ago, but I didn't know about holding L.