PDA

View Full Version : UAE4Wii port of UAE4ALL violates GPL

bjorkmann
April 13th, 2009, 21:05
Hi there! This is just a heads-up really. Chui, I'm a massive fan of your work - I loved my DC so much, in no small part thanks to you.

I just wanted to let you know that there is a port of UAE4ALL for the Wii available called UAE4Wii (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/UAE4Wii). However, the source of the port has not been released and the author has failed to respond to numerous calls from various people to release it.

I don't know if you care or not, but thought I'd let you know since it's originally your baby and it's GPL.

I recently discovered that a Firefox extension I maintain (Screengrab) was being ripped off by a company (for profit) and I was stupendously furious. All sorted now. Source, license and attribution all there. Nothing like that seems to be going on here, just the source and license are missing but I'd still be irritated were I you.

Cheers and keep up the great work! Ever consider moving to another platform? The Wii homebrew scene could definitely use some of your consistently good stuff!

quzar
April 13th, 2009, 23:50
You might want to contact the original authors of UAE. (The irony though is fantastic)