PDA

View Full Version : iR Shell 1.1 is out (play MP3 songs with your UMD game/homebrew)

AhMan
March 2nd, 2006, 09:58
The multi-tasking iR Shell is updated to v1.1 with the following additional enhancements.

1. A MP3 player plugin is added which allows MP3 to be played back along with your UMD game/homebrew music.
- Support playback list. To construct playback list, use CIRCLE key to highlight music tracks. Maximum playlist size is 10 and the playlist entries should reside in the same directory.
- Repeat single track or repeat the whole playlist.
- Playback control including pause, resume, stop, next track, previous track, volume up and down. Pls note that the MP3 volume control is independent of your PSP's hardware volume button. This will be useful to adjust the MP3 volume without changing your game/homebrew's original music/sound volume. To change the volume of your UMD game/homebrew, use the hardware volume buttons.

2. Data, time & battery info added.

3. Allows CPU speed change. This will be essential for MP3 playback, as some games may experience slowdown if CPU running at stock speed (use Left Trigger + Start). Recommended setting speed to 333 for MP3 playback with game/homebrew running. Note: CPU clock speed selection should be made before launching game/homebrew.

4. APP View (Application view) now supports hidden corruption icon naming.

5. The Pronto Code remote database has been cleaned up. Visit my homepage (http://www.ahman.co.nr) to download an updated version.

Button Config:
1. iR Shell Control:
Arrow Keys (Digital Pad): Menu navigation
Triangle: Go to parent directory.
Square: View toggle. Allow you to choose application view, RDF view or directory view.
Cross: Item selection
Analog pad left: Launch UMD
Analog pad right: Launch homebrew from /PSP/GAME/HOMEBREW/EBOOT.PBP
Analog pad up: USB On/Off toggle
Analog pad down: Quit iR Shell
Left Trigger + Right Trigger: Restart iR Shell
Left Trigger + Select: Task switch between the launched app and iR Shell
Left Trigger + Start: CPU speed toggle between 222, 266 & 333
Note button: Take snapshot (photos are placed under /PSP/SNAPSHOT)
Select button: Battery Information
Start button: Help message

2. MP3 Player
Right Trigger + Triangle: Shortcut to browse /PSP/MUSIC directory
Circle: Mark item for Playback List (max playback list size: 10)
Right Trigger + Square: Stop playback
Right Trigger + Cross: Playback Pause/Resume
Right Trigger + Right Arrow: Next MP3 Track
Right Trigger + Left Arrow: Previous MP3 Track
Right Trigger + Up Arrow: Volume Up (volume control for MP3 player only)
Right Trigger + Down Arrow: Volume Down

If you enjoy using iR Shell, please consider donate a few bucks via Paypal to [email protected] to help future development.

Download link:
http://www.ahman.co.nr or via comments :)

wraggster
March 2nd, 2006, 21:25
thanks for the news :), please feel free to post direct to News forum in future and it will show up on main site :)

Kaiser
March 2nd, 2006, 22:57
This thing is great.

Megadeth + Sonic 3 = win

Madonion
March 3rd, 2006, 00:27
Nice program although i dont like the look of it. wish that Psp oss can implement this multitasking mp3 thing cause it rocks! :D

kyle2194
March 3rd, 2006, 00:42
Yay, I can listen to System of A Down while playing GTA! (It skips a bit though.)

dman32
March 3rd, 2006, 01:53
does this work with gta loader?

.:PSP1.0:.
March 3rd, 2006, 07:39
I would have to say.. One of the best homebrew Apps for a while.. love being able to play MP3's while playing UMD games! A must have for all v1.5 owners! :cool:

mikeironfist
March 3rd, 2006, 10:21
those asking if this will work with any iso loader (gta....bla...)
forget it
the music is going to jump like crazy imo
i cant imagine the data of an mp3+iso being loaded at the same time without jumps or longer loading times
so those poor guys using iso WILL have to buy the original UMD ;)

it should work fine if the game is on UMD (keep it like this, if posible)

sorry if im talking Sh$% but thats just what comes to my mind

mike

dman32
March 3rd, 2006, 11:56
so this doesnt work with the gta eboot loader?

Festizzio
March 3rd, 2006, 20:15
so this doesnt work with the gta eboot loader?
I'm guessing...no. But, I have 1.5, so why don't you try it?

rattlehead
March 3rd, 2006, 23:59
Megadeth + Sonic 3 = win

Sonic games just beg for rust in peace

ArugulaZ
March 4th, 2006, 01:42
This is the first screen capture program for the PSP that actually takes pictures! It does its job well, too, taking snapshots of practically any game or homebrew application you throw at it. VERY impressive, man! I wish this feature were built into later revisions of the official PSP firmware, because it's really handy.

JR