PDA

View Full Version : Snes9x GX 4.0.1 - Snes Emulator for Nintendo Gamecube and Nintendo Wii

wraggster
April 13th, 2009, 22:37
Tantric (http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/) has released a new version of his Snes Emulator for Nintendo Gamecube and Nintendo Wii:

A Super Nintendo emulator based on Snes9x, ported to the Wii and GameCube. The code is a continuation of Softdev and Crunchy2's efforts, and uses libogc and devkitppc.

Features
Based on Snes9x 1.51 - superior ROM compatibility
Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic, and Gamecube controller support
SNES Superscope, Mouse, Justifier support
Cheat support
Auto Load/Save Game Snapshots and SRAM
Custom controller configurations
SD, USB, DVD, SMB, GC Memory Card, Zip, and 7z support
Autodetect PAL/NTSC
16:9 widescreen support
Open Source!

[4.0.1 - April 13, 2009]
* Fixed turning off autosave in menu
* Keyboard fixed, more keys added
* Fixed 7z loading from DVD
* Enable auto loading and renaming of SRAM save without "Auto" in the name
* PAL resolution fixed - no more letterboxing
* File browser scrollbar box now draggable, arrow buttons now scroll list
* Better handling of multiple on-screen wiimotes
* Menu restructured - new "Game Settings" menu

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

goshogun1
April 14th, 2009, 13:35
Sadly this update has an error that makes it impossible to play games properly if you plan on using a Nintendo Gamecube controller. If you press X or Y on the GC pad it will take you to the "config" screen regardless of how you configure the buttons. I would stick with 4.0 for now, and wait till this gets fixed. I am pretty sure the creator knows about this too.

djdynamite123
April 14th, 2009, 13:56
I am pretty sure the creator knows about this too.
he certainly does, :)

kingslime80
April 14th, 2009, 20:20
Sadly this update has an error that makes it impossible to play games properly if you plan on using a Nintendo Gamecube controller. If you press X or Y on the GC pad it will take you to the "config" screen regardless of how you configure the buttons. I would stick with 4.0 for now, and wait till this gets fixed. I am pretty sure the creator knows about this too.

Does this include the 2p controller as well?

djjerk
April 14th, 2009, 22:11
THIS FREAKIN ROCKS. After a long and stupid search for decent SNES and NES emulators for the wii, I stumbled upon this site and it was awesome.

Thank you!

goshogun1
April 15th, 2009, 06:07
What really impresses me about this emu is the amazing new HQ2X filter. Unfortunately it slows down the frame-rate on some games. If they can tinker with it and make it run in HQ2X and full frame-rate this emu will be even more amazing. As it is right now it is my favorite snes emu bar-none anyway, so I ain't complaining. :thumbup: