PDA

View Full Version : Netfront Internet Browser Beta 3 - HighMemoryMod By Team P86

wraggster
April 14th, 2009, 00:57
News/release from ardatan (http://forums.qj.net/psp-development-forum/148851-netfront-internet-browser-beta-3-highmemorymod-team-p86.html)

You know, Sony limits our memory in Internet Browser. So we cannot play big flash games and open big web sites.
This mod removes this limitation. And you can use all of the memory that your PSP has.
If your PSP is Fat, the HighMemMod uses all of 32 MB RAM.
If your PSP is Slim, the HighMemMod uses all of 64 MB RAM!!!

That's very interesting, isn't it?

Now the browser loads your pages in very short seconds!
You can play your online flash games fast...

The program is beta so it may be buggy. If you see any problems, please reply this topic....

----What's new----
-The new logo was added(Thanks, Lelouch15)
-The speed on Slim was increased(%200).
--There is a bug which the mod didn't use UMD Cache and it used the same memory part with Fat... Fixed...
-The mouse lag was fixed on Slim(Sometimes it may lag).
-XMB Plugin was added...
--If you want to use this mod instead of the default one, you should flash vsh folder...(flash0)..
-Etc. Etc.

---Thanks---
-Dark-Alex for his ramtestsample...(Large Memory)
-PSPSDK creators...(SDK, DEV and samples)
-JK108 and Lelouch15 for their support and test(They are my testers)
-Mazide for the good theme(EBOOT).
-Lelouch15 for the new logo

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

mike_jmg
April 14th, 2009, 04:03
uh?

Do I need to flash anything or not?

edit: forget it, I got it and it's freakin awesome

paul02
April 14th, 2009, 04:12
News/release from ardatan (http://forums.qj.net/psp-development-forum/148851-netfront-internet-browser-beta-3-highmemorymod-team-p86.html)

You know, Sony limits our memory in Internet Browser. So we cannot play big flash games and open big web sites.
This mod removes this limitation. And you can use all of the memory that your PSP has.
If your PSP is Fat, the HighMemMod uses all of 32 MB RAM.
If your PSP is Slim, the HighMemMod uses all of 64 MB RAM!!!

That's very interesting, isn't it?

Now the browser loads your pages in very short seconds!
You can play your online flash games fast...

The program is beta so it may be buggy. If you see any problems, please reply this topic....

----What's new----
-The new logo was added(Thanks, Lelouch15)
-The speed on Slim was increased(%200).
--There is a bug which the mod didn't use UMD Cache and it used the same memory part with Fat... Fixed...
-The mouse lag was fixed on Slim(Sometimes it may lag).
-XMB Plugin was added...
--If you want to use this mod instead of the default one, you should flash vsh folder...(flash0)..
-Etc. Etc.

---Thanks---
-Dark-Alex for his ramtestsample...(Large Memory)
-PSPSDK creators...(SDK, DEV and samples)
-JK108 and Lelouch15 for their support and test(They are my testers)
-Mazide for the good theme(EBOOT).
-Lelouch15 for the new logo

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

is it me or does their first beta version of netfront provide faster internet speeds on my phat psp? cuz im using beta 2 and its not as fast...

Buddy4point0
April 14th, 2009, 04:32
I haven't personally tried this yet, but I've only heard great things.
Thanks for contributing to the PSP homebrew community.

ICE
April 14th, 2009, 04:55
Good but still not suitable for a lot of the sites I frequent. It basically chokes to death of Engadget..

PoorKingz
April 14th, 2009, 05:46
So basicly the previous versions only used 32 MB for the slim. This was fixed making the slim 200% "faster." I dont see how more memory makes the browser faster though. It just provides more room to store stuff. PCs use the hard drive when they need more memory and this slows it down. PSP doesnt even bother using the MS and gives you a out-of-memory error. Also it only has 2 MB cache max (on the ram, not MS). I haven't noticed any speed increase although its easy to imagine if you try to.

freestile
April 14th, 2009, 09:39
I have a question. I dont use the netfront browser, but I use the shoutcast player extensively. Will this make that load faster or is it just the brower in general?? I'm assuming its just the browser cause its called "Netfront Internet Browser HighMemory Mod, but I just thought I'd ask.

Kiccorro
April 14th, 2009, 09:41
I had the Netfront Beta 2, very good, just upgraded to this one. It includes a plugin, what does it do and how do I enable it?

mcdougall57
April 14th, 2009, 11:51
Will give this a go later.

mike_jmg
April 14th, 2009, 19:41
Good but still not suitable for a lot of the sites I frequent. It basically chokes to death of Engadget..

yup, it kinda freezes on some of the sites I frequent too

mike_jmg
April 14th, 2009, 19:41

yup, it kinda freezes on some of the sites I frequent too. Even so, works great on others

darknite323
April 15th, 2009, 11:59
Finally I'm able to load DCEmu's PSP-News homepage without NetFront saying 'Out of memory" and without links2 taking 5 minutes and crashing every second time.
The page was loaded in less than a minute.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next release.

EDIT: correction. The page loaded in 1 minute 15 seconds (i timed it this time). Pretty impressive.