PDA

View Full Version : Help: unable to boot from MMS

proasd
April 14th, 2009, 08:01
EDIT: Solved... I finally found a link to the v3 identifier and confirmed mine is v3 :(

Hi, I need help with installing CFW on a psp.

I am trying to mod a psp that came with the daxter bundle (which from my research, is hackable).

The specs of the ice silver psp
- Currently on 5.02 OFW (shouldn't matter right?) (I am unsure of the original firmware it came along with)
- It is a psp 2001
- Battery compartment serial is HU443xxxx
- It was bought about 8 months ago

These are the things I've done

1) Using another fat psp, I soft modded a fat battery.
2) I downloaded DC8 and 500.PBP
3) Formatted MS using fat psp
4) Formatted using mspformat
5) Copied DC8 files onto MS
6) Used DC8 to create a MMS
7) Tested the MMS and battery on the fat psp used to create it and it booted fine.

However, the problems I face

When I put the ms in the psp slim, and then the pandora battery, there is only a green solid light. Ms light and wifi doesn't light up.

My questions:

0) Did I do something incorrectly?
1) Does this mean I created the MMS wrongly? (despite being able to boot for the fat psp)
2) Does it mean DC8 is incompatible and I should use an older downgrader?
3) Does the current firmware of the slim matter? Like preventing booting from MS when in service mode.
4) Is it conclusive that this set was switched by the seller? Because there are no distinguishing feature of the psp that determines it is from the daxter bundle. Which also mean that this set is probably a 88v3. Is there any tell tale sign that it is a fake?
5) Or is it that some Daxter bundled psps are unhackable.

I was also trying to download the 88v3 identifier mentioned on some forum but the links are dead. So I would like to know if there are other ways to determine if the psp is indeed v3.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)