PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft In Talks With Gay Rights Group Over Xbox Live Policies

wraggster
April 14th, 2009, 22:47
Microsoft took a lot of flak last year for the way they handled some gay-related stuff on Xbox Live. And rightly so. But time heals all wounds, and Microsoft are trying to make amends.

In the latest "Major Nelson" podcast, Microsoft's Larry Hryb and Xbox Live cop-on-the-beat Stephen Toulouse reveal that the company have been in talks with the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), with the aim of sorting the whole mess out. And, it seems, the talks have been going just swimmingly.

Toulouse says:

I can't talk about what we discussed specifically except to say that we provided them with a lot of information about what we do today, why we do what we do and how we do it. And then we asked them the question, 'How can we do this better?' And we have some ideas. Here are some ideas. That dialog was super, super helpful. I think it was a great engagement. Justin and Jeffrey who came out from GLAAD really appreciated the effort that we're putting into it - and had great ideas, like they brought up some stuff we hadn't thought of.

http://kotaku.com/5210650/microsoft-in-talks-with-gay-rights-group-over-xbox-live-policies

LilSwish722
April 17th, 2009, 20:15
Oh God. This is retarded and gay. Yea, I said both of those. Now I'm waiting for GLAAD to sue me and destroy my life because they want to be placed on a higher pedestal than straight people. Honestly, this is going too far now.