PDA

View Full Version : Ok, well I never tell any stories...

VampDude
April 16th, 2009, 02:57
So here we go, because I have nothing better to do at this time (and I'll probably talk sh*t).

Today, I'm getting up at 4:30am (yes I know it's almost 3am). Then I'm traveling to Northampton which is like 4 hours by train, my first train is at 5:34am. Which for some people they would say I'm crazy for traveling at that time, but I don't think so because I get there at 9:40 and I get to spend time with her... Until Friday, but back to today. We're going to watch the new Fast and Furious movie, although I've not heard anything about it, but it takes place after 2F2F and before Tokyo Drift which now means Tokyo Drift isn't a spin-off as Han makes an appearance(?). I could really talk about this movie, because I've never heard of a movie to take place between movies that have already taken place (Except of course StarWars Episodes 2 and 3). This movie better be good, because I have a hotel to sleep in and not an uncomfortable cinema.

Triv1um
April 16th, 2009, 09:57
Cool story bro.

beetroot bertie
April 18th, 2009, 12:17
Is Spinadisc records still in Northampton? I used to spend quite a bit of time in that shop when I was there. They always had a good selection of stuff in there and put free promo posters and stuff on the floor for people to take etc. Saw Kerbdog play a short live set in there just before they released 'On The Turn' in '97. God, that was 12 effing years ago... I feel old.

Hope the film's alright - Broom, broom, screech, bang, bang, boom - that's my prediction :)

VampDude
April 21st, 2009, 02:21
Is Spinadisc records still in Northampton? I used to spend quite a bit of time in that shop when I was there. They always had a good selection of stuff in there and put free promo posters and stuff on the floor for people to take etc. Saw Kerbdog play a short live set in there just before they released 'On The Turn' in '97. God, that was 12 effing years ago... I feel old.

Hope the film's alright - Broom, broom, screech, bang, bang, boom - that's my prediction :)

I have no idea dude? Though there is a quite a bit of music in the area.

I'm not going back (I think?). :( If I was I would either look, or ask. :cool:

The movie was kinda ok-ish, though it could have been better (I fell asleep). I want to see just after the credits, I believe there to possibly be a bonus scene of where the gang break Dom from the prison bus. But I wasn't allowed to wait to see as it was almost midnight, so I have to wait until the DVD or any other means just to see after the credits.

dejkirkby
April 21st, 2009, 07:16
I want to see just after the credits, I believe there to possibly be a bonus scene of where the gang break Dom from the prison bus.

You see Brian attempting to free Dom from the bus.

VampDude
April 23rd, 2009, 21:45
You see Brian attempting to free Dom from the bus.

I want to see that, because I know in Tokyo Drift Dom isn't in prison because he's at the end in Tokyo.

Have you seen it? Tell me more, I must be told!!!! :cool:

dejkirkby
April 24th, 2009, 16:12
I will not spill!

VampDude
April 27th, 2009, 03:57
I will not spill!

That sucks, I want to know what happens after the credits. :(

dejkirkby
April 27th, 2009, 11:53
Okay. I relent.
There is no after credits scene ;)

VampDude
April 28th, 2009, 04:39
Okay. I relent.
There is no after credits scene ;)

No hidden scene after the credits? :eek:

Or are you just saying that to shut me up? :confused: :rofl:

I will buy the DVD or BluRay anyway, so maybe in 3-6 months I will see. :cool:

dejkirkby
April 28th, 2009, 09:33
Seriously, there was no extra scene after the credits.

VampDude
April 29th, 2009, 03:46
Seriously, there was no extra scene after the credits.

Really? That's kinda disappointing. There should have been, though I doubt the cinema version would have it if there was one mainly because not too many people stay until after the credits anyway.

Hopefully, the DVD/BluRay will clear up anything that happened in the meantime of Fast and Furious and Tokyo Drift via some neat bonus features. I remember on 2F2F there was like a 5 minute prologue of Brian just after the first movie in L.A. to how he ended up in Miami, which could be watched either as a standalone or at the beginning of the movie. Everything has been covered on the previous films, like how Brian went to Miami and Dom went to Mexico. Then how Han ended up in Tokyo, but only after he died Dom showed up saying they were a crew which is seen on the interquel (FaF) though nothing except the bit where Brian, Mia and whoever the other people are at the end of Fast and Furious explain Dom in Tokyo Drift. I know he was out, but did Dom do something to the driver/guards in order to escape?

On Wikipedia, it only says "However, similar in style to Toretto's previous heists, O'Conner, Mia, and the two latin drivers from the beginning of the film later drive after Dominic's prison bus to break him out.".

I know I'm looking too far into this, but seriously it's facts that should rightfully be known. Which annoying as it is, I will ask just about anyone to get my answers. :cool:

dejkirkby
April 29th, 2009, 10:02
The cars speed towards the prison bus and every prisoner bar Dom looks out the windows, he then spots Brian.
I'm sure more will be explained in the next film. The success of FaF has basically guaranteed this will continue.

VampDude
April 29th, 2009, 19:06
The cars speed towards the prison bus and every prisoner bar Dom looks out the windows, he then spots Brian.
I'm sure more will be explained in the next film. The success of FaF has basically guaranteed this will continue.

The next film is actually 2006's Tokyo Drift though, but a rumour is that the next is taking place after Tokyo (possibly in Europe?). Currently Vin Diesel is working on a Fast and Furious prequel which should be on the FaF DVD (I think to cover Dom's story around the 2F2F era), but that just goes to the question of and changing it to if the fifth movie will have a back story/prequel going back to the fourth movie or if it will be explained on either the FaF DVD or somewhere during the fifth movie(?).

The ending of FaF is about the only thing I clearly remember, because I was hoping to see Dom escape (knowing that he somehow does) and wanting to wait until after the credits to see if there was a scene.

We could discuss this for days, weeks or even months. Though none of us is the wiser, which I feel many rumours will speculate around the internet in good time as to question the ending and Tokyo.