PDA

View Full Version : DSi - Whi so unpopular?

lordgohan
April 16th, 2009, 03:50
Okay, I have had my Phat since it came out, havent upgraded to a lite, and on a hunch nabbed a DSi. When I saw it supported standard SD cards my heart raced as I thought of the possibilities. Native Homebrew on the DS.
But then, after doing some looking around, it seems like no one is getting in on the idea. I mean, isnt it cheaper and easier to bypass a flash kart? Why are no developers even trying to crack this thing? The best news I saw was Bushing picked one up, but I dont think we can expect anything from him, so who then?

The point is, this is the best platform weve had yet to do homebrew on, and no one seems to care, just sticking with their same old flash carts.

Is there any hope? Will we see native homebrew for the DSi?

Thanks for listening.

Shinebi
April 17th, 2009, 12:57
What are you on about?
The DSi is just another DS with another flashcart...
Only advantage is the camera, which someday will have its use in homebrew. Maybe.

lordgohan
April 17th, 2009, 22:21
Im going on about the fact that I don't own a flashkart nor do I own a micro SD card and im too cheap to buy one.
the fact that we have native SD functionality now means we should be exploiting it, however- we arn't.

sargesix
April 18th, 2009, 03:22
i bought one as well and they should be paying more attention to it rather then ignoring it

crookedmouth
April 22nd, 2009, 06:23
I like Nintendo's hand-helds but they are hardly the best platform for home-brew considering what has been done on the PSP and GP2X. These have real updates coming I bet.

Personally I think patience is what should be practiced here. How long has the DSi been out? I wouldn't buy something and then expect everyone else to be as excited as you. I would wait and see how things pan out.

Heck many of the talented coders are still working on the GBA.

Honestly if homebrew was your main concern look at how much effort has been put forth in the Pandora and Wiz development before these handhelds have even been released.

Megatron222
July 4th, 2009, 20:42
Well I am about to upgrade from my Phat part of the top screen is broke so it is real wobbly. And I am getting a lite instead I might upgrade later on But I myself like the lite better :)