PDA

View Full Version : Ace Dictionary preview edition released !

xwh1225
March 4th, 2006, 11:11
Hi!

I'm xwh1225, the author of uo_yict, a dictionary application mod for psp. Here is my brand new English-Chinese and English-English dictionary for psp, Ace Dictionary. This is a preview edition so only a very small piece of the dictionary library is included. Here are some features of Ace Dictionary:

1.A new dictionary library adopted.(The American Heritage dictionary of the English language)
2.Explanations don't mix up any more.
3.Bookmarks supported.
4. Customized wallpapers.
5. Pronunciations properly displayed.
6. smooth pronunciation font
7. ...

How to control:
1.Definition mode:
circle: next word
square: previous word
cross: scroll down
triangle: scroll up
R: jump to next bookmarked word
L: jump to previous bookmarked word
select: bookmark the current word
start: screen shot(you don't need to use this)
control stick: switch to input mode

2.Input mode:
control stick: select group
L,R: select in the current group
up,down: scroll
circle: input a character
square: delete a character
cross: switch to definition mode

If you don't like the default wallpaper, you can change it by replacing the bg.bmp file. However the new bg.bmp must in the same format(480x272 24bit color)

Thanks.

xwh1225
http://bbs.pspchina.net/attachment/Fid_35/35_110164_3faff24b97d080b.jpg

http://bbs.pspchina.net/attachment/Fid_35/35_110164_a15d3fb507243b3.jpg
Download via comments

bizarre
March 4th, 2006, 14:43
Thanks man, you are great. This will be very useful to me. Thanks

Amiga
March 4th, 2006, 14:49
nice,except the use of American English ,why use American English, its substandard compared to the really thing ie British English :p otherwise its Fantastic :D

aries2k4
March 4th, 2006, 18:57
Nice app, thanks.

xwh1225
March 5th, 2006, 04:13
nice,except the use of American English ,why use American English, its substandard compared to the really thing ie British English :p otherwise its Fantastic :D

:)The only reason is that this dictionary library is handy. Thanks.

Shiaoran
March 6th, 2006, 11:57
Could I ask you to make a English only version?
People who don't need the Chinese will have more space in the MSDUO...

OFFTOPIC:
American English is used worldwide, even in countries that have other nmother language. Some use Brittish English, but everyone prefers the American.
For example, Portugal is the original country that have Postuguese as the mother language. Brazil was the second, and had it's own Brazilian Portuguese. In Africa there are many countries that uses Portuguese, but some years ago, their official language is Brazilian Poertuguese, because it's the most used.
English, be prepared to be the only country using Brittish English, unfortunately :P

*this massage has no offensive intent, just informative*

xwh1225
March 6th, 2006, 16:04
In fact I really wanted to create a pure English-English dictionary library. The reason I didn't do that is there exist some tech problems. After the release of the 1.00 version I think maybe I will work on that.

frmariam
March 6th, 2006, 19:01
Yeah that thing about Brazilian Portuguese sucks!!! I'm live in Portugal and almost every app I download has Brazilian Portugese and no Portugês PT (Portugal Portugese). Even Firefox, Thunderbird and OpenOffice are always delayed a lot in Portugal...

Something on the subject now, this doesn't seem to work on 2.0... English-English really sounds great!

DUfire
March 6th, 2006, 23:41
Im still confused, I have winRAr, where do I save the file and what do I do with it after that?

xwh1225
March 7th, 2006, 05:25
Put the two folders("ace" and "ace%") here: "I:\PSP\GAME\" where "I:" is your psp memory stick drive letter, then select "Game->memory stick" in psp main menu. It seems my app doesn't work on a 2.x version of psp so make sure you have a 1.5 psp. I have noticed this problem but can't promise anything now.

gronne
March 10th, 2006, 10:35
American English is used worldwide, even in countries that have other nmother language. Some use Brittish English, but everyone prefers the American.
Who the hell prefers american english over british english??? The only reasons people speak english sounding more american is because A.E. is a more lazy(easy) way to speak it, and almost all our english speaking tv-shows are american. Otherwhise I couldn't imagine people seriously saying they PREFER A.E. Not being a native speaker myself(who unfortunately sound more american than british), I'd say I choose B.E. every time over A.E.

And yes, your post was very offensive, and not the least informative.