PDA

View Full Version : IDEA FOR MAKING A 2.00 UMD run from 1.50!

MadMonkee
March 4th, 2006, 11:36
What was the code to trick PSP to read a UMD path from Memory Stick? You can make a Homebrew with all the PRXes decrypted in a folder, and pretty much search the UMD for PRXes and replace the path.

Or decrypt it on the fly of course, but that would take a little extra time to load. But .. nevermind that's a better way, you don't know how many new prx there are gonna be... right? Like that megaman prx people were looking for to decrypt.

Lemme see this through.

Lodis
March 4th, 2006, 16:01
What was the code to trick PSP to read a UMD path from Memory Stick? You can make a Homebrew with all the PRXes decrypted in a folder, and pretty much search the UMD for PRXes and replace the path.

Or decrypt it on the fly of course, but that would take a little extra time to load. But .. nevermind that's a better way, you don't know how many new prx there are gonna be... right? Like that megaman prx people were looking for to decrypt.

Lemme see this through.

MPH has already done something slightly similar to this hence why I am able to load my GTA UMD on my 1.5 Psp as well as Socom, BOF3 and Tales of Eternia UMD's. In the future as he works on this further, I would expect more compatibility and more discoveries that will allow more 2.0+ UMD's to run under 1.5 firmware. This is just another reason why 1.5 firmware rules.

shadow77
March 4th, 2006, 20:13
MPH loader already decrypts PRX on the fly, and it doesn't affect loading time.