PDA

View Full Version : Donkeykong 64 Real or fake :eek:

chickenclaws
March 5th, 2006, 21:21
:eek: when i watch the video i thought it was real but it is possible that it is fake any proof or way to prove its real or fake
ps: psmonkey i still belive in you just like the turtle in the rabbits race
slower the more potencial :rolleyes: :cool:

chickenclaws
March 5th, 2006, 21:36
Just to let everyone know, PSMonkey is not the only one developing a N64 emulator. I have been working on my own N64 emulator for a couple of months now. My emulator is called Donkey64 and is in its beta stages right now. I am including a video of my emulator playing MarioKart64. MarioKart64 seems to play the fastest on my Donkey64 emulator. I am not however releasing the eboot beta version just yet because I still need to do alot of work to my emulator before it is up and running the way I want it

DONKEY 64

to. I should release an early version of my emulator in a couple of weeks. I just wanted to let you all know that Donkey64 has made great progress over the last couple of weeks and is almost ready for release. Here is some more insformation about the emulator.

Full N64 emulation using every aspect and power of the psp. Because of that, right now Donkey64 only works on psp versions 1.0 or 1.5 because of its kernal usage. I do intend however to develope a version for psps 2.0+ using the new eboot loaders later on once Donkey64 is stable on version 1.5

Right now sound is very glitchy and not in sync with the video protocalls. I believe this is because the psp can't keep up with both the video and sound processing. I believe I may need to rewrite some operational codes for this.

Also, Donkey64 seems to run slower and slower once more and more time passes playing the emulator. After playing MarioKart for 10 minutes, the game becomes soo slow that the emulator just crashes after awhile. I may need to do some more work on the dynamic recomplier to compensate for this.

I have been getting around 30-40 fps on MarioKart64 and around 20-30 fps on other N64 games such as Mario tennis and NBA jam.

Features so far in Donkey 64 include: Full original memory pak emulation form the original N64 counsel. Also I have a built in full save/load state of a game. However, it takes ridiculous times to both load and save a state and each save state takes almost 2 megs of space on the memory stick. Full screen is also implemented as you can see in the video. Sound is at the lowest frequency at 11025k. Even at that low frequency, sound is very glitchy and shoud just be turned off. Screen shots capability has also been implemented. Button configuration has been set so that the user can choose his or her own combination of buttons to use for each particular game. There are several default configurations if the user decides to just use the default configurations.

Things I intend to do in later bulids:
Faster engine proccessing - to run every game at 60fps
Superior sound performance - to play sounds at 44k frequency
Implement cheat codes for each game
Try to include multiplayer support for using 2 people on one psp and also using 2 psp connected wireless
Redo some of the dynamic recomplier codes
Release both the beta eboot version and the source code to the general public in a couple of weeks so that other people can add to the code and make Donkey64 even better.

P.S. I took this video in my daughter's room so please no "Girlie" jokes please. Also, You will need either quicktime or quicktime alternitive to play the video since I took the video using my digital camera and that is why the video is very poor quality. I plan on showing other games on Donkey64 using a better camcorder to take the videos.

DPyro
March 5th, 2006, 22:52
Huh? Whats this all about.....

kyle2194
March 5th, 2006, 23:03
Wow, i dont seem to see a video anywhere. :rolleyes:

chickenclaws
March 5th, 2006, 23:05
sorry i get an error when trying to post video
the acual thread is in the user submit fourms

chickenclaws
March 5th, 2006, 23:06
ohh this isnt my emu this is donkeys forgot to put up the name sorry

DPyro
March 5th, 2006, 23:06
Nope. The link to the attachment doesnt work.....

chickenclaws
March 5th, 2006, 23:10
heres a link
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19927&page=1&pp=10

DPyro
March 5th, 2006, 23:13
I know that. But the link to the attached file doesnt work....I think this is fake, untill proven otherwise.

PSmonkey
March 5th, 2006, 23:15
At the moment I have yet to see the video but cry fake. His nick & project name are pure mockery of me. If it was legit he would have writen a better name. I know comercial coders love to mock things but not like that, he would have writen a different name he found cooler. I bet if i kept the name nincest he would have called it something simular.

yaustar
March 6th, 2006, 06:58
My money is that when he/she hears all the 'negativity' or 'flames', he/she will use it as an excuse in not releasing it to try and stir up the community.

PSmonkey
March 6th, 2006, 13:18
My money is that when he/she hears all the 'negativity' or 'flames', he/she will use it as an excuse in not releasing it to try and stir up the community.

would not suprise me. Hell I bet more would scream fake if not for me & m64. :P

Anyways this wont detrack / hurt the 9th release comming up.

PSDonkey64
March 7th, 2006, 00:32
I believe tt is real as I should know. Thanks everyone for supporting a fellow coder.

Gnardog
March 7th, 2006, 00:43
suonds kinad sketch, only 5 posts?
i know i dont have many, but i dont expect people to instantly respect me

chickenclaws
March 7th, 2006, 01:22
beleive in him but belive in all
hey if its fake we still got psmonkey
hey when psmonkeys works with Commersial roms ill swich for donks to monks in a
heartbeat

dont put a fellow coder down how would you feel if people did that to you

Gnardog
March 7th, 2006, 02:01
good point, but i didnt really say i didnt believe it, om on the edge, you know? i just said it was sketch that this nowhere guy comes out and has a working 40FPS n64 emu, if he does great, if he dosent, still fantastic, im just glad that monkey64 is real, and we know it's real

chickenclaws
March 7th, 2006, 02:09
yes i think we should all have this additude then people wont be afraid (so to speak) to realease things without getting flamed

yaustar
March 7th, 2006, 02:49
I believe tt is real as I should know. Thanks everyone for supporting a fellow coder.
What kind of reaction did you expect? You post a video (that looks suspect) of an N64 emulator that is running at a high framerate. We haven't heard of you before so you have no background history. Also, if you have waited this long to even release a video, then announce that a version won't be released until it is 'final' then why bother releasing a video/announcement in the first place?

shiftybill
March 7th, 2006, 08:12
fake or real keep it up both of ya's

crazyjohn
March 7th, 2006, 12:00
I second that. Although Monkeys is confirmed real and Donkeys might be, we'll see.

EDIT Random fact: Donkey Kong Was originally going to be called Monkey Kong. It was a translation error.

ZFB8
March 8th, 2006, 22:05
Kekeke