PDA

View Full Version : Do You Like Console Exclusive Characters/Content?

wraggster
April 18th, 2009, 23:39
Here's how it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, reader person.

You probably know oodles about us - more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob - and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban ya. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion.

So, our question is:

With more and more games going multi-platform, what do you think of console exclusive characters or content?

http://kotaku.com/5217329/do-you-like-console-exclusive-characterscontent

apex05
April 19th, 2009, 00:58
I don't know why people care about brand loyalty and exclusive content, i mean what does it matter if someone else gets to play, and i'll admit it's fun to poke fun at fanboys when they start bragging about their console not being subsidised and have a few exclusives that will end up on the opposition anyway when the exclusivity contract runs out, why can't we all just get along.

mike_jmg
April 19th, 2009, 07:36
Yeah, I love exclusive content.

Exclusives are the ones that made the consoles what they are today

For example the PS2, it's still selling because of the great exclusive games it had. Cause honestly it didn't have the best graphics from last gen (GC) or the best processing power(Xbox). What It did had, were the best games.

I'm thinking about getting a Wii only to play Super Smash Bros Brawl and nothing else, that's how powerful exclusives can be.

I really don't know why, but it really pisses me off that this gen most games are being released on both platforms, 360 and PS3, with very little exclusives on both sides.

I've always hated the Metal Gear Solid series, so if $ony thinks I'll get a PS3 just to play Killzone 2 and God of War 3, they're just insane, cause those two are the kind of games I'll only beat once or twice.

IMO Leting go all of their third party exclusives was the biggest mistake sony has ever made.

BlacknBlue13
April 20th, 2009, 03:17
I don't like exclusive content very much actually, sure it's great to lord some games over my friends with different systems but that doesn't make up for the frustration of not being able to play certain games.
I just with that more that more muti-platform games were like Halo, God of War, and Smash Bros.....

nomi
April 20th, 2009, 21:15
If there were no exclusives, then what the hell is the point of different consoles!? Exclusives make the different consoles, if each have the same exact games, how would you pick one from the other!?